New Ninjatrader

ptop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to connect the fixed Ninja but could not connect. At last I have installed the authorised free version and connected to CQG.

meaning the demo one we download when we take the 2 weeks from Ninjatrader demo account ?

The one with the @AMP-CQG4-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-7777 license key, ?

Cause even with this one i can't connect :(

Hi i changed the License key to that below and it connected first in a VM machine a total virgin installation but also my standard loaded Ninja so give it a try and see if it works for you also.

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952 connect to cqg as you were

Hope it helped

*** Note this is a double post but i thought it was urgent

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

Today I opened 2 trades on Crude Oil (CL - NYMEX) with live CQG data feed provided by AMP Futures...

When each stop-limit entry order was filled, charts stopped updating and I couldn't see the avg position price, in StaticSuperDOM I couldn't see position price and then Ninja crashed... :-O:-O:-O

Does anyone had the same issue?

Fortunately in both 2 trades I had put ATM strategy simultaneously with the order submission but to stay safe I checked my position with AMP Trade Desk and on CQG Trader platform and stoploss order was filled (so at least it wasn't canceled by NinjaTrader and saved me by a big loss)...

I'm using NinjaTrader v22 with educator with balance corrected...

Thanks to everybody!

If anyone is using CQG, I'd raccomend to install also CQG Trader so if this fact would happen to someone else you can use that alternative platform to check and manage your position...

ftp://ftp.cqg.com/CQG%20Trader/English/CQG_en-US_production_V6.01.302_Install.msi

Alternatively you can check and manage your position from mobile and desktop online platform

https://m.cqg.com/cqg/login

Hi friends,

Is there any method to degrade Ninjatrader7 v30 to v29 without uninstalling. I have lots of stuffs there, I don't wish to lose that.:(

Thanks

Yes, just uninstall v30 and install v29 you wont lose anything, everything personal is saved in the C:\Users\[user]\Documents\NinjaTrader 7 witch doesn't get deleted automatically by the uninstaller, only manually.

Just to make sure, wait for more people to reply and confirm it.

When each stop-limit entry order was filled, charts stopped

Hi, i had this currently with newest build/CQG, charts and DOM not updating suddenly. I entered no order but was using a mozilla based browser with many tabs and and high memory usage. I thought that maybe something might interfere both apps working together. After closing the browser and restart Ninja everything was working again.

Your tip to have cqg-trader or a web trading access always at hand, at best on a laptop with own 3G or better internet connection ist always advised in case something happens with the main machine/software/internet and/or energy blackout!

Hi, i had this currently with newest build/CQG, charts and DOM not updating suddenly. I entered no order but was using a mozilla based browser with many tabs and and high memory usage. I thought that maybe something might interfere both apps working together. After closing the browser and restart Ninja everything was working again.

Thanks for your reply, I had Chrome opened while I was trading with Ninja, tomorrow I'll do some experiments on low volatile products (e.g. micro/mini EurUsd) to investigate if the problem will persist also with closed browsers or other apps closed...

Your tip to have cqg-trader or a web trading access always at hand, at best on a laptop with own 3G or better internet connection ist always advised in case something happens with the main machine/software/internet and/or energy blackout!

Yes, for me is normal routine to have also the possibility to manage your position from mobile... In any case the best advice is to insert ATM strategy with stop loss (as stop market order and not as stop limit order) so that if the connection or Ninja crashes the stop will save your account as happened to me...

In any case tomorrow I'll ask to AMP Futures to change from CQG to Rithmic and I'll try if also Rithmic data feed has those problems...

Anyway with CQG I had problems also with Multicharts 9.1 r1 in backfilling historical data on Custom Futures (used to build Continuus Contracts) and many instruments didn't work (like LIFFE UK FTSE 100 [Z] or ICE Mini Russell 2000 [TF]) then I asked for assistance and they released on Friday an update (to 9.1 r2) with the corrections for CQG adapter, so it's possible that there is a problem with CQG in general, regardless the platform you're using...