New Ninjatrader

ptop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi nn123- I don't use this but first thought is do U have a data connection to retrieve this data?

Happy to help in any way I can(does not mean have solution) but will try--

for instance if Ur trying to use free End of Day data--will not work with any bar type except Daily bars??

anywhoo let us know

sorry not more help

Hi,

This is happening way too many times.

What I do to resolve, is to disconnect, repair the DB(Tools, options, data), then exit the NT and restart the whole thing.

This does not always guarantee that all the charts will come up ok. If they do not, then I go through the same procedure again.

I am just wondering if this has anything to do with the multiple types ?

Thanks again for your help.

Hey i cant open your lic.emu +5000i have this error

Unleaded exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

could not load the file or assembly nt7 plugin version =1.0.0.0,

clutrue =netral publickkeytoken=null or one of its dependencies

the system cannot find the file specifed.

admis i guess this is to you... when trying to start your newest emu i get that error i posted. Im running windows 8 and a clean install of windows 8.1 and i get the same error. Do you need any other info from me? Thanks!

k33 do you get the same error?

Does someone know of a old version that doesn't have the -5000 tt credits bug?

Edited by dsfasfsafafsa

Yes same. But maybe i am missing some active scripting functions because of the use of xp-antispy.. I'll try again tomorrow. Thought it was due to less used x32 win but if u use 8.1 64bit that should be sorted out. Or are you on 32bit Windows, too.

You need to put most current NTConfig.xml and and nt7.plugin.dll file in the same folder as your Nt7LicEmu.exe (Nt7LicEmu5.06_balance5K$.exe or whatever is its name) is in... Port 80 must be free. In the other (previous) releases of NT7LicEmu you could create and edit the app.config file and assign your custom setting, but some programming genius has changed it...

As I wrote, I don't use any emu's, but it's irrelevant what version of windows you have installed. It depends only on 80 port (check your firewall settings, especially when you use some exotic inventions without required understanding).

Admis Need your help. It seems that I am only getting a single datafeed at a time. It seems that in the log, the thing is connecting to the NT server. I am using CQG datafeed. Here is when I had only YM charts showing up.

http://c2n.me/3gHbuh9

Then I added TF in the other workspace, I get the following.

http://c2n.me/3gHbT7R

Then I created some more workspaces with diff. instruments. The last one was the CL. So, I now can see the CL but not the TF.

I still have the following.

http://c2n.me/3gHdkoy

I have done the disconnect and DB repair numerous times without success.

I am using

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\Nt7LicEmu\Nt7LicEmu5.06.exe"

and the NT

and these are run as admin.

I had the latest NTconfig when installed.

So, I am not sure what is happening and will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Admis Need your help. It seems that I am only getting a single datafeed at a time. It seems that in the log, the thing is connecting to the NT server. I am using CQG datafeed. Here is when I had only YM charts showing up.

http://c2n.me/3gHbuh9

Then I added TF in the other workspace, I get the following.

http://c2n.me/3gHbT7R

Then I created some more workspaces with diff. instruments. The last one was the CL. So, I now can see the CL but not the TF.

I still have the following.

http://c2n.me/3gHdkoy

I have done the disconnect and DB repair numerous times without success.

I am using

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\Nt7LicEmu\Nt7LicEmu5.06.exe"

and the NT

and these are run as admin.

I had the latest NTconfig when installed.

So, I am not sure what is happening and will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I'm not sure, whether I can help you... Your screenshots are so tiny... I don't know, which exactly release of Nt7LicEmu5.06.exe are you using? Send me PM with your log and I'll see, but please, keep in mind, I can't resolve any issues related to the EMU, cause:

- I'm NOT the author and I don't use it.

if anyone got problem with installation, i suggest you might try the installation instruction below. Hope it will help

if you need any instruction to fully uninstall ninjatrader , can follow the link here (

)

1) Install from .msi NinjaTrader 7.22

2) Install the automated educator (credit to Andy )

--> http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/22222-New-Ninjatrader?p=365019&viewfull=1#post365019

3) Extract the Nt7LicEmu5.06_adj_bal.zip(Nt7LicEmu5.06_balance5K$.exe) and rename it as Nt7LicEmu5.06.exe inside Nt7LicEmu Folder (credit to Admis to solve -5K TT problem)

--> http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/22222-New-Ninjatrader?p=367950&viewfull=1#post367950

4) Run NinjaTrader :)

Edited by comeinvest

Hi Admis n ComeInvest,

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

I reinstalled and restarted the NT and it is working for now.

Thanks again.

As they say, famous last word....

Well, the problem isn't solved and I am not sure what to do.

What did I do initially,

I installed NT7v22 and then installed March Edu EMU5.06 after copyuing into the c:\prog86\NT7

Then I had prepared a shortcut for both the Emu and NT and to run as an ADMIN

I modified HOSTS by adding the following lines.

208.48.16.140 ds2.ninjatrader.com

208.48.16.130 ds10.ninjatrader.com

127.0.0.1 ds2.ninjatrader.com

127.0.0.1 ds10.ninjatrader.com

Now, if I am offline and change the instrument, no problem.

If connected and I do it, I get the above shown problem.

Another issue is that if I change an instrument and go back to original, then it still shows only a tick value (e.g. From CL, which was ok to NQ, I see 0.25, and go back to CL and I see 0.1

Do you think I need to start afresh?

Thanks In Advance

Thanks In Advance

Did you try to restore the original file (not patched): NinjaTrader.Core.dll in the 3 following folders:

c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\

c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\X64\

c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\

... and run NT without emu? All NT exclusions in the host file should be disabled. First of all, you have to be sure, that your standard (legit) installation of NT is working properly before applying patch or emu.

Did you try to restore the original file (not patched): NinjaTrader.Core.dll in the 3 following folders:

c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\

c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\X64\

c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\

... and run NT without emu? All NT exclusions in the host file should be disabled. First of all, you have to be sure, that your standard (legit) installation of NT is working properly before applying patch or emu.

Hi Admis,

I took your advise and went back to the basic. Cleaned NT and reinstalled and went through all the steps again and I am up and running. However, it went bad.

So, I went and had a look in the LOG. It seems that you have to switch the connection to the HDS2 and HDS10 off.

e.g.

#208.48.16.140 ds2.n..jat..der.com

#208.48.16.130 ds10.n..jat..der.com

127.0.0.1 HDS2.n..jat..der.com

127.0.0.1 HDS10.n..jat..der.com

Thanks for your help.

Edited by nnn123

OK,

So, now what?

I have disabled the connections and I opened a new chart with ES and this is what I got,,

http://c2n.me/3gWYmU9

Obviously, this gap is due to not having connection to NT.

Solution: Connect to NT server and upload the data and then disconnect.

Does anyone have a different solution as the above option seems a bit complicated.

Thanks again.

What did I do initially,

I installed NT7v22 and then installed March Edu EMU5.06 after copyuing into the c:\prog86\NT7

Then I had prepared a shortcut for both the Emu and NT and to run as an ADMIN

I modified HOSTS by adding the following lines.

208.48.16.140 ds2.ninjatrader.com

208.48.16.130 ds10.ninjatrader.com

127.0.0.1 ds2.ninjatrader.com

127.0.0.1 ds10.ninjatrader.com

Now, if I am offline and change the instrument, no problem.

If connected and I do it, I get the above shown problem.

Another issue is that if I change an instrument and go back to original, then it still shows only a tick value (e.g. From CL, which was ok to NQ, I see 0.25, and go back to CL and I see 0.1

Do you think I need to start afresh?

Thanks In Advance

would like to know why you need to prepare shortcut and modified host by adding additional lines ? would like to know where you got such guidelines ?

would like to know why you need to prepare shortcut and modified host by adding additional lines ? would like to know where you got such guidelines ?

I read through this thread and it was mentioned within this thread. What made me use this option was when I wrote above statement that when I am disconnected, I can see the data but not when connected. So, I worked out that I need to place the code in the HOSTS. Also, the log showed me where it was connecting.

I hope this is as clear as mud. LOL.

Sorry that I cannot be more specific than that.

The shortcut was placed on the desktop to activate the programs (EMU and NT7), this was also suggested on this thread.

I read through this thread and it was mentioned within this thread. What made me use this option was when I wrote above statement that when I am disconnected, I can see the data but not when connected. So, I worked out that I need to place the code in the HOSTS. Also, the log showed me where it was connecting.

ComeInvest: Did your installation work without any problem?

Edited by nnn123

The shortcut was placed on the desktop to activate the programs (EMU and NT7), this was also suggested on this thread.

ComeInvest: Did your installation work without any problem?

yes, my installation don't have any problem. i didn't modified anything because the emu should have take care the things that's required (someone correct me if i'm wrong). try to follow my previous instruction again without modify anything.