New Ninjatrader

ptop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does it work when they ask for your user licence # ? I am using educated NT v14 and would like to use them for my futures and stocks data as IB's sucks :)

Thanks khnco

Had kinetick before educated.

Not sure the cme fees will be discounted as i am not seeing the waiver on the nt log. kinetick is tied to NT to closely. maybe better to go with DTN.. they have an IB plug in for cme waiver. dtn will be more $.

ptop, what sort of issues did you have with TWS 944 regarding NYSE and Nasdaq data? I bit the bullet and installed 944 and it works fine with v14 for me. Trades are no problem. and data, including level II looks fine. Looks like a typical TWS upgrade from IB - pointless, with new features that 99.9% of traders don't want and won't use.

ptop, what sort of issues did you have with TWS 944 regarding NYSE and Nasdaq data? I bit the bullet and installed 944 and it works fine with v14 for me. Trades are no problem. and data, including level II looks fine. Looks like a typical TWS upgrade from IB - pointless, with new features that 99.9% of traders don't want and won't use.

How do you find the tick data from IB ,everyone says its bad. I use alot of order flow and VProfile... was wondering?

I have a licence # starting with @SIM for sim account only, so if I were to use that and connect to kinetick then use the educated after is that what you did?

no, had legit copy but doesnt matter.. i think it does a reg check, have a feeling we will not get reduced cme..

Edited by khnco

How do you find the tick data from IB ,everyone says its bad. I use alot of order flow and VProfile... was wondering?

Live tick data works fine for my purposes, but I'm not a high frequency trader and trade mostly off 5m charts, so tick data is not really an issue for me. But, yeah, IB doesn't have a great name for tick data, and IB historical data sucks.

Yes the tick data is horrible and for historical, that doesn't exist. And as for minute charts I did a month trial with barcharts and let me tell you there is a big difference between IB and barcharts data. If you are doing anything with volume then I would look elsewhere for data, I use Weis Wave on minute charts and it shows accumulated volume but when I refresh the charts it shows a different sum and this is not a one off it is every day, so beware. The problem I am having with barcharts is that they can't get a hold of IB to get the CME waiver so I am only able to use them for stocks, and I need both!

khnco are you using educated version of NT 14 with kinetick??? I have a licence from my old Mirus account I might be able to use.

With TWS 944 with v14 everything worked fine for 4 days then I logged on on April 21 and was only able to get data for futures instruments and not NYSE or Nasdaq stocks. I phoned IB and it is a known issue and are working on it for next release! Edited by ptop

Thanks andyshooktrader for the share! However i am still getting probs when trying to connect to CQG: i get the error relating to CQG adaptor :( does the auto installer resolve the issue with NTconfig? or does one have to manually copy the files. Any advice here would be appreciated

I prepared an auto installer of the educator with desktop shortcut...

Content of package:

1) Ninja Trader full msi install file version 7.22

2) NT educator v5.03...

http://[email protected]/file/9yczu3

Hope will help everybody!

Thanks andyshooktrader for the share! However i am still getting probs when trying to connect to CQG: i get the error relating to CQG adaptor does the auto installer resolve the issue with NTconfig? or does one have to manually copy the files. Any advice here would be appreciated

Thanks andyshooktrader for the share! However i am still getting probs when trying to connect to CQG: i get the error relating to CQG adaptor does the auto installer resolve the issue with NTconfig? or does one have to manually copy the files. Any advice here would be appreciated

Did you try this

http://www.ninja0rad0r.c0m/[email protected]

post is here

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/22222-New-Ninjatrader?p=323811&viewfull=1#post323811

NT told IB users today just to upgrade to TWS 944.3 anyway! No new NT version. I guess we'll have to guinea pig it to see what the bugs are before they bring out v23. It's working fine for me but I don't trade NYSE or Nasdaq stocks. Edited by sepa

With Windows 7 I had no problem, then this week I made a clean install of Windows 8.1 and NT7 didn't work...

I solved the problem putting NTConfig.xml in License Emu folder... For the download, here you go: www.ninjatrader.com/NTConfig.xml

Hi everybody! I updated my installer with the new version of XML file from ninjatrader.com/ntconfig.xml

I tried it in my pc with AMP CQG real account and works...

Enjoy

http://www.s€€€€€ndsp@@@@@ce.c00000m/file/nwuzqq

Hi andyshooktrader--Hey Thanks bro--but for those after the fact how about some instruction on "what to do with this .EXE they download"??

Thanks in advance

Have a Great One!

Hi andyshooktrader--Hey Thanks bro--but for those after the fact how about some instruction on "what to do with this .EXE they download"??

Thanks in advance

Have a Great One!

This executable replace originals uneducated DLLs (both x32 and x64) [in \Program Files\NT7 folder] with educated ones, it also copied in Program Files\Ninja Trader 7\emulator file with new working XML and creates a shortcut to desktop of the emu5.06...

Steps to install are:

1) Install from .msi NinjaTrader 7.22

2) Install my automated educator

3) Run emu 5.06 (educator shortcut from desktop)

4) Run NinjaTrader

Edited by andyshooktrader

[quote name=Quote Originally Posted by andyshooktrader View Post

I prepared an auto installer of the educator with desktop shortcut...

Content of package:

1) Ninja Trader full msi install file version 7.22

2) NT educator v5.03...

http://[email protected]/file/9yczu3

Hope will help everybody![/quote]

Hi guys im getting theses strange error every time i open NT 7.22 emu and press start

not sure if its my pc but have checked and there are no port 80 opened

i just installed win8.1 and im getting the same error when using the older version 5.2 on win8.1

error link

https://anonfiles.com/file/6ed532c4e02d35601409697fc2109978

Hi guys im getting theses strange error every time i open NT 7.22 emu and press start

not sure if its my pc but have checked and there are no port 80 opened

i just installed win8.1 and im getting the same error when using the older version 5.2 on win8.1

error link

https://anonfiles.com/file/6ed532c4e02d35601409697fc2109978

Port 80 in order to run license emu must be free...

With Win 8.1 my advice is to run emu with admin privileges... To do this:

right click on the shortcut => properties => compatibility => run as admin => Apply => OK