REQ: OFA NT Plugin

kungfutrader

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is in principle a volume ladder with point and figure bar-type. Whenever a high volume price is left it will paint it in the direction green for up and red for down in expectation that when price returns to the high volume cluster it will leave in the same direction.

It also marks reversals as exhaustion points where buying could not get higher prices/selling not lower prices.

Might be possible to emulate in ninjatrader.

Edited by k33

I found the following on BMT, let's see if we can put it together:

"

good news one -> the logic of the OFA chart print is this:

-> it's a "ReversalChart",

-> this say the end of a bar is defined as a Reversal (OFA use for ES 4Ticks)

-> the start and the Direction of ReversalCheck is Volume triggered (this give the minimum len of bar)

-> the end is a Bid/Ask/Price triggered correction of "n" Ticks (4 for ES) => the absolute len of bar is variable

-> the result is exact the same and full comperable to all OFA videos

-> this logic work under NT7 as simple BarType, or with no many work for "gomi" data

good news two -> the OFA TradeTracker logic is a up to this time prop VolaLogic plus the open NT7 prometheus project (i hope its is now reactivated )

- the vola logic for the stop line work now nearly comperable to OFAv5

- the concept of entry based start any calculations is good

- the concept of the dynamic vola+volume+Delta based stop management is the "only one" special feature of OFAv5 (old OFAv4 has a simple logic without additional adjustable parameters for different symbols/market conditions/entry types)

- as external solution is the OFA logic with a good longtime Level1 historical datafeed(DTN IQfeed) now 97% exact rebuilded

- i hope for more actual new OFAv5 videos or webinars, this help to adjust the vola part of "StopLine"

- a internal NT7 version as port from Delphi is a hard work, i hope the new "prometheus" source give a good base for add the OFA stop logic to this

- for better comperable replays, i hope gomi make a converter from long time DTN-IQfeed Level1 download to the GomCD file format, this is the better way with backfill in compare to the actual "Recorder" solution without backfill

=> DTN-Backfill + gomi's delta data + ReversalBartype + PrometheusGauge + "VolaRule" = a free/open OFA for NT7 "

Thanks Gladiator.

I watched his webinar. At minute 59+ he explains a bit how the "time frame" works.

Where can we find that ReversalBarType. I did not find anything. Using P&F right now.

Hi kungfutrader, why you so interested in OFA?

I just cam accross with a guy from another forum, who is going to send lisence for it...

Perhaps orderflowdashpro is better to educate?

ok gang here it is , uneducated,

lets get our top guys on it, everything we can do,

each one from their side.

1st https://anonfiles.com/file/d0d5997ff10ea687cb621cae226bea53

2nd https://anonfiles.com/file/b6b32f6b3a0ba66c20c162f7e9bd2360

You ROCK!!! Getting a trial is like pulling teeth with these guys. I am sure one of our talented programmers can educate this.