REQ: Dynamic Equivolume Bar from IWH

... another fine example of a vendor charging for something that exists for free, and in a likely better & more versatile format.

Read up and download it here, in the free part of the forum, along with at least one reference to a decent document on trading with these types of bars.

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjatrader/19340-volume-bars-anyone-have-experience-these.html

... another fine example of a vendor charging for something that exists for free, and in a likely better & more versatile format.

Read up and download it here, in the free part of the forum, along with at least one reference to a decent document on trading with these types of bars.

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjatrader/19340-volume-bars-anyone-have-experience-these.html

Thanks,osijek. Can you tell me how to install it?

Thanks,osijek. Can you tell me how to install it?

Some candlestyle files go elsewhere, but this one goes into \Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator.

Restarting NT may make it appear. If it does not, you will need to (from the control center) go to TOOLS->EDIT NINJASCRIPT->INDICATOR and then pick any indicator. Then, right click in the indicator code window, and choose COMPILE. (This forces a recompile of all indicator in that directory where you placed your new *.cs file, thus it will be compiled for NT use from then on.)

You should then be able to find your new candle style by right clicking on a chart, go to DATA SERIES, and it should be in the drop-down to the right of CHART STYLE as 'CandlestickVol;

Hi osijek

I am using a direct ninja version which is free with live ( not demo ) amp/ cqg feed.

It a perfect version other than its limited and when i go to tools there is no EDit command.

Any idea how to bypass it ?

Thanks

Jane

If you contact Ninja support they can give you a SIM license key. Input that into Ninja and it will allow you to EDIT. Once you're done editing put your live license key back in and you are good to go.

Here is something that will probably help a serious trader, who wants to learn. Linda Raschke recently had a webinar on BMT re Volume + Price relationship. It is 2hrs in length. I have not watched it yet, but, having flipped through it, it seems relatively advanced in what it covers. IMO volume bars should be on EVERYONE's charts, of all timeframes: there are so many clues and patterns, that, as you watch the realtime volume, that you will be able to identify. Linda is well respected in the community, and once you can put aside dedicted time for this, I expect it would be time well spent.

She seems to have some great examples of toggling between a regular GC chart and a candle volume GC candle chart, at about the 30 minute point. Note she uses a 1 minute chart of the gold futures contract - this is a mandatory chart timeframe IMO (for optimizing entries), given the huge ranges and volatility of gold, amd the extreme leverage capability of 1 sole GC futures contract. :)

Here is something that will probably help a serious trader, who wants to learn. Linda Raschke recently had a webinar on BMT re Volume + Price relationship. It is 2hrs in length. I have not watched it yet, but, having flipped through it, it seems relatively advanced in what it covers. IMO volume bars should be on EVERYONE's charts, of all timeframes: there are so many clues and patterns, that, as you watch the realtime volume, that you will be able to identify. Linda is well respected in the community, and once you can put aside dedicted time for this, I expect it would be time well spent.

She seems to have some great examples of toggling between a regular GC chart and a candle volume GC candle chart, at about the 30 minute point. Note she uses a 1 minute chart of the gold futures contract - this is a mandatory chart timeframe IMO (for optimizing entries), given the huge ranges and volatility of gold, amd the extreme leverage capability of 1 sole GC futures contract. :)

Thanks,

I watched it and it is awesome man.The candlevolume bars are great for the vol pattern regconition on the candle charts IMO. Look likes the volume bars look more visual and kind of jump out of the chart more on The platform Linda uses as compared to Ninjatrader. I am gonna put it on my 2 min CL chart and see how it goes