NT strategy with an EDGE?

yamantaka

There are lots of NT indicators and strategies floating around here and other places on the Internet. I have tried more than I can remember, but unfortunately, nothing makes money on a fairly consistent basis as far as I can tell.

If you know of ANY NT strategies that produce profits after slippage and commissions, please post the names here. Doesn't need to have a high win rate as long as it has an bonafide EDGE.

more than 90% of the traders are losing money and there is a reason for that.

most of the traders are looking for an easy solution meaning-a simple black and white or a "MAGIC" indicator or strategy that will tell them to buy or sell or exit.

there are tons of companies that sell their "AMAZING , MAGICAL " indicators- strategies that will make you a million in less that a week...

did you ever thought about ' why would they sell it if its so good ' ?

the answer is that most of them do make money - but only for these companies and not for you.

they will show you charts that will blow your mind and make you dream about all the money you are going to make and then you hit a consolidation/ chop period and you lose it all...

So its time for you to stop the search for this special one indicator that will make you money.

Learn how to read the market- the only method that is working consistently is PRICE ACTION.

The chart is like a story going up or down and if you can read it then you know what move to expect next and only THEN use the indicators to enter in the right direction- making money almost always.

take care and good luck.

Jane

more than 90% of the traders are losing money and there is a reason for that.

most of the traders are looking for an easy solution meaning-a simple black and white or a "MAGIC" indicator or strategy that will tell them to buy or sell or exit.

there are tons of companies that sell their "AMAZING , MAGICAL " indicators- strategies that will make you a million in less that a week...

did you ever thought about ' why would they sell it if its so good ' ?

the answer is that most of them do make money - but only for these companies and not for you.

they will show you charts that will blow your mind and make you dream about all the money you are going to make and then you hit a consolidation/ chop period and you lose it all...

So its time for you to stop the search for this special one indicator that will make you money.

Learn how to read the market- the only method that is working consistently is PRICE ACTION.

The chart is like a story going up or down and if you can read it then you know what move to expect next and only THEN use the indicators to enter in the right direction- making money almost always.

take care and good luck.

Jane

Jane, 90% of traders do lose and the other 10% employ automated strategies that remove all human intervention. There are systems out there that have an EDGE, but the likelihood of them running on NT and available to poor retail slobs is slim and none. With the proliferation of NT Strategy developers, I thought maybe there was one out there who had a consistently profitable system.

I have one that I'm currently testing from a vendor who's website looks like a toddler created it and he's asking $50/month. This is the antithesis of the ultra-slick snake oil vendors who post tricked up historical backtests with funky Renko bars that will make you think millions of dollars await you until you trade LIVE and find out you account is decimated in hours.

Which brings me to a very important point about NT systems and backtesting--STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT SHOWS A PROFIT WITH ANY BARS OTHER THAN MINUTE. They are fools gold and produce 100% false results. Ditto with those using lagging indicators.

Edited by yamantaka

yamataka.

I totally agree- there are few automation companies that make millions every year- i know of one that is trading the dax and they made a profit of 780 mil 2 years ago.

I am sure that they will not sell their programs or lease it.

I trade the ES because its slow and you have time to think about each entry.

I use the renko spectrum 3-1 which is amazing and that is after using 610 ticks for many years.

I use a 244 tick chart with asctrend as an exact entry and i only go in when i see an obvious consolidation which means that there is a definite support or resistance so my stop is only 2-3 ticks.

If you want to be successful then you have to read the price action then wait for the signal to come.this is an example of 2 of the trades i took today- the first one is a short-

once i saw that the es broke the previous low i expected a lower low which came beautifully as you can see in the first screenshot

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/tjhwdc

then later on i took a long - it was exactly 1.618 fib extension plus one to one and the outer band- once i got the signal you have to be an ***** not to take it lol

here is the long :

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/0q3qnk

hope it helps

take care

Jane

Guest gavetso

i think method are Out there i can post some simple or hard ideas but only 1 thinkg is real HERE

If you wanna make money in this business yourt Stop will keep untouchable always and your Moneymagnagemnet must be always Mathematically positive