How to set MC QM Exchange session time to second level as 9:00:01, not just 9:00

jodo

Does any Multicharts expert knows how to set Quotemanager Exchange session time to second level.

for example, in the setup window,

session time can be set as

Monday from 9:00 to 12:00 session end

etc.

can we set it as

from 9:00:01 to 12:00:00 (to second level)

can we do that?

Hi jodo;

In QM, you can set session time in hours and minutes, but not in seconds (09:00, but not 09:00:01). I believe, perhaps that you have a problem for import tick data, because this data is in hours, minutes and seconds, but this is not related to the session hours.

Also, if you want set session hours in 24 hs; you can look for 24/7 (24 hs / 7 days) or 24/5; or adjust time of this mode:

Sunday 22:00 Monday 00:00

Monday 00:00 Tuesday 00:00

Tuesday 00:00 Wednesnay 00:00

Wednesnay 00:00 Thursday 00:00

Thursday 00:00 Friday 00:00

Friday 00:00 Friday 23:59

Else for example;

Monday 09:00 Tuesday 09:00

etc...

Edited by FX_SuperTrader

Dear FX_SuperTrader,

Thank you for you kind help. The reason I am searching this help is because every day the first tick I got from my dde source is 0 price but >0 volume, my minute bar chart will be twisted because of open=0 and low=0. The only way I could come out with is to set chart time session as from 9:00:01, then that zero-price first tick will not influence everything, for it will never go into the chart calculation.

Anyway, thank you for your kind help.

Jodo

Hi jodo;

Ok, in this case the alternative is to start at 9:01 or perhaps, delete this first tick (of 09:00:00); for this, first connect real time, go to QM, select your currency or asset, right click, and select "Edit data", then will open a window, above of this window select "Tick" (Bid, Ask or Trade), press button "Load" and delete this first tick; next you can see your chart from 09:00:01.

Hi FX_SuperTrader,

I had tried this before, but how can I prevent QM from having to be closed and opened again?

Once QM has to be closed, QM will miss receiving some dde data during its turned-off process.

I can delete that first damn tick, I know. but without closing QM and re-open QM, the data the chart read will be the same as the data with that damn tick.

Pls help think this. At 09:00:00, the damn tick comes in. I have to spend 1 minute to delete the damn tick while QM is still working on its duty, receiving dde data, and chart displaying my one minute bar chart with open price=0 and low=0, which is damn wierd. Ok, now I had deleted the first tick, but the chart does not change anything. All I have to do now is to close Multicharts and QM and reopen QM and Multicharts, and then Multicharts can load correct data and display my beautiful one minute bar chart again.

The point is I want to find a method without preventing QM from stopping receiving any data, especially at the time of market open.

If there is a way that can let me delete the first tick and does not need QM to stop receiving data for some seconds because of re-opening QM, it is the very solution to my problem.

THank you for your kind help.