Metastock Pro Real Time and Quoteroom

gigiocean

Well it's fair easy

1/ Install Metastock (MS) version Real Time with the option Data vendor Signal Broadcast

2/ Install and launch Quoteroom (QR)

3/ In QR enable the services : Forexite History Server, Portal Sever and Portal Client (Equis Data Server 7 ) and ASCII Maker

4/in Portal Client (Equis Data Server 7 ), right click properties, tab "Portal", check "Connection in Ms 7.xx mode"

5/ in ASCII Maker choose what currencies and what time frame you want, and export the file somewhere.

6/ Launch "The Downlader" of MS and convert this file to MS format

7/Launch MS, it will launch "Equis File server" and "Equis Data Server" that will connect to QR (you will see the little green triangle in QR infront of the Portal Client (Equis Data Server 7 )

8/ Open the currencies you have previously converted, and voilà :)

You'd end with having sth like that :

http://oi46.tinypic.com/xp8wuh.jpg

Note: image is resized, go here to see it in full size http://oi46.tinypic.com/xp8wuh.jpg

But frankly, use Tradestation instead :))

Edited by mambo123

Thank you for your kindness. I will try soon.

Ok i just tried but when i start MS on step 7 it gives me a window whit this message :"The online vendor account is not configured properly or does not support this feature". P.S. I don't know why, maybe it's my metastock version that is 11 or because i tried short time ago and it's Saturday when Forex is closed?

Edited by gigiocean

Oh ya, I get it too... not sure what is the problem...

Just click on "Work Offline" and the programs will finally open.

When you open the currency files, MS will tell you if you want to add this folder for real time updates. Click yes and your charts will be updated in real time:)

One last trick: in data server, go to "tools/real time configuration" and choose the tab "data options". In "date and time", check "replace vendor-supplied times with computer system time". This way you chart wont have problems with time stamps, as QR take correctly into account your time zone, but MS... a little less :))

Hmmm... Not sure for God :))

Anyway... You can only use ONE expert advisor (EA) with a one given chart... but you can open as many (identical) charts as you want and attach one different EA with each chart.

And from the original EA list, I'd advice you to use the DiNapoli and the Rex Tagazuki ones. Maybe the CS Scientific too... The others... Well... Your call :)

Hi mambo123..Now I'm starting to get a feel for metastock but you can tell me what expert advisor i can use to scalping? I want to make very fast operations.

I'm sorry I'm rather a trend trader (in intraday I mean), so I prefer to enter and wait to win a maximum of pips hehehe. The 3 EA i've mentioned in my precedent post were rather to trade the trends that to scalp the mkt.

If you want to scalp the mkt you don't really need an EA: just choose a very short time frame (like 5 min) and use a stochastics, and try to enter/exit in the overbought/oversold zones. But again, that's not my cup of tea :)