(REQ) T@s M@rket Profile - T@s Tools

mauro33

still can't get it to work. followed everything to the t. that's ok. these videos are very helpful too:

hxxp://youtu.be/nzFWG_DPXDQ?

hxxp://youtu.be/GrqLUV_U5Q8?

hxxp://youtu.be/TSMLJf_eObI

hxxp://youtu.be/WSiDvvB93tE

they go into some strategy. although i don't agree with how they stop out on some of the strategies (wait for bar to close on opposite end).

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still can't get it to work. followed everything to the t. that's ok.

Take it easy, rhv. It must work, no other way. Just follow my instructions. It's not a rocket science, believe me...

Let's start from the beginning.

1. What is your Windows version? Number, 32 or 64 bits? NT version?

2. Did you uninstall the legit version?

3. After that, did you check, in your system folders C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64, if the files TASIndicators.dll exist there?

- if exist, then delete all of them

4. Also, checkout if exists the file: TASNinjaIndicators.dll in the folder: c:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\

- if exists then remove it from inside of NT by using this feature: File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly...

5. Stop the local http server.

6. Now follow my previous instructions.

I'm waiting for your report.

Edit:

I truly recommend to use the professional file manager, like Total Commander (http://www.ghisler.com), instead of f** Windows Explorer which is rather for a noobs.

Edited by admis

Thanks admis for your patience...

1) Win7 x64, Always launch NT 32-bit due to other indicators that are not 64-bit compatible.

2) Never installed TAS before until yesterday with the package provided.

3) Did delete dll from directiories mentioned

4) Removed assembly from within ninjatrader. Also, I even added references previously to the two new dll files in the windows folders to see it if would work, but I removed the 2 references prior to removing the files and uninstalling.

5) No Local http server running since have legit NinjaTrader.

7) Copied 73kb file to System32 and 57kb to SysWOW64.

8) Imported zip as usual and with success (no errors).

9) Restarted Ninja

10) Log shows 'TASNinjaIndicators' version='4.0.0.1' loaded.

11) Open 5minute new chart

12) Add Vega indicator

13) Log shows Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'TAS_Vega' on bar 0: Unable to load DLL "TASIndicators.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Do I have to add a reference to the C:\Windows or anywhere else on the environment variables. Maybe there was an educated indicator shared on the forum in the past where those references were added, but that I never downloaded and installed.

Thanks again admis for your help.

Thanks admis for your patience...

Do I have to add a reference to the C:\Windows or anywhere else on the environment variables. Maybe there was an educated indicator shared on the forum in the past where those references were added, but that I never downloaded and installed.

Thanks again admis for your help.

You're welcome.

Seems to me, you've done everything correct.

No references are required. It's really strange. I've checked it on the same configuration as your (W7 64 & NT32) and ... of course it worked fine.

The log error means (in your configuration) - the indicator can't locate the 32 bit version of TASIndicators.dll in the folder: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (TASIndicators.dll 58368 bytes)

Edit:

Maybe, temporary try to disable your antivirus software (?)

I assume, your Windows is installed on drive C: in the default folder: c:\Windows

Inside of your NT (32) open to edit any indicator you have in the source form and compile it, then reload NT and check the TAS again.

Edited by admis

Admis,

I am getting the same error as rhv is getting. Tried multiple times, same error. Just added C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to references, but getting compilation error. Maybe security issue accessing the folder ?

Regards,

Guys,

Have you tried to run NT7 as administrator, as regular user you do not have much permissions on the windows folder , just a thought.

Thanks everyone for trying to assist. I will wait later if a modified source comes out. Tried the following, but it still doesn't want to work:

1) Disabled malwarebytes. That is the only protection that I'm running.

2) Executing NinjaTrader with the "run as administrator" selection.

3) Modified an existing CS indicator d3spotter changed one value and recompiled. Restarted NT.

Removed assembly from NT, swapped dll files as suggested. Imported zip in NT and restarted. Still displaying error.

The error is slightly different with the dll swap change.

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'TAS_Vega' on bar 0: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Edited by rhv
noticed different error

Below is the link to the source version of TAS Indicators. It also requires the same binary dll files.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/udoxfh

Now you can test it on your own.

To change the default location of binary file: TASIndicators.dll you have to find the below part of code:

[DllImport("TASIndicators.dll", CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]

private static extern int TAS_IndicatorInit(string tpe, string ind, string sym);

[DllImport("TASIndicators.dll", CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]

private static extern int TAS_IndicatorSetBar(int id, int barno, int edate, int etime, double O, double H, double L, double C, double pV, double nV);

and change it in the following way as an example:

[DllImport(@"C:\TAS\32\TASIndicators.dll", CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]

private static extern int TAS_IndicatorInit(string tpe, string ind, string sym);

[DllImport(@"C:\TAS\32\"TASIndicators.dll", CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]

private static extern int TAS_IndicatorSetBar(int id, int barno, int edate, int etime, double O, double H, double L, double C, double pV, double nV);

where C:\TAS\32\ are the new example folders created by you.

Keep in mind, you have to compile changed file.

rhv, please note that you need to have installed Windows Visual C++ redistributable libraries, which are part of the installation process of the orginal version of TAS provider.

I think maybe that's your problem!

Thanks for your valuable advice Tostato.

Here is the installation package of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Thank you everyone. Tostao that worked. I installed the new source version provided by admis, but was still getting error. Found a c++ package and installed. Computer restarted after installing packages and launched NT with chart with VEGA. Worked like a charm. Thank you much everyone. :) Edited by rhv

Thank you everyone. Tostao that worked. I installed the new source version provided by admis, but was still getting error. Found a c++ package and installed. Computer restarted after installing packages and launched NT with chart with VEGA. Worked like a charm. Thank you much everyone. :)

Fortunately, it finally works! I'm glad, we can finish the technical issues and go further...;)

Now thanks to Admis the technical problems are done with and the bigger question is :Does this indicator set has any trading value ?

We should ignore the sales pitch and focus on our own charts and see if that gives us an edge.

I did apply it on a renko 1-1 CL , mmmm... hard to tell, sometimes its really great but many other times it will get you in or out way too soon.

Would love to hear other opinions for day trading.

Thanks again.

Jane

Now thanks to Admis the technical problems are done with and the bigger question is :Does this indicator set has any trading value ?

We should ignore the sales pitch and focus on our own charts and see if that gives us an edge.

I did apply it on a renko 1-1 CL , mmmm... hard to tell, sometimes its really great but many other times it will get you in or out way too soon.

Would love to hear other opinions for day trading.

Thanks again.

Jane

Thanks Admis!!!...

Traderbeauty, about if this indi have some trading value.... yes, follow some rules, and TF 1H to D. indi boxes is the most useful. Vegas is a mix of all indi and he calculate with all that data and them paint green or red only, but is very important change the configuration of Vega, depend of the TF and the instrument, you must find the best value conf....

is good pack. but not work for scalping. need a lot experience.

bye!!!

say that the philosophy of the indicator makes sense given that it aims to follow the auction in real time. thus the first problem we face is to have a very effective and accurate data, which is why I think their effectiveness (if any) can be found on centralized markets. (skip to apply in forex for example)

The second is that in my opinion the package of indicators, perhaps Vega can have some value to be oriented as a breakout system.

The author emphasizes, Markets Have only two mutually exclusive movements: Horizontal and Vertical. and from that perspective the logical thing to do is try to find the points where the transition occurs, (which is the purpose of vega) that is, in that time the price goes from balance to imbalance.

from there, you can build a "reasonable" strategy that seeks to take advantage of the breakout of the balance area.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28s3bf9.jpg