Anyone have a Spread Recorder???

Tommy777

you attach to any chart. It records the spread and displays the median, mean, high and low for as long as you keep it attached. It also had a little bar graph at the bottom showing the recorded spread each min. I'm not sure it it was an indicator or an EA.

I spent 4 hours searching the net, every forum and searching though all my hard drives with no luck

PLEASEEEEE help me out and post up one if you have one.

Thank you in advance!

Here is a simple indicator that records the spread at the bar open and the maximum during the bar.

http://www.4shared.com/get/RrcCGsGG/Spread_Histo.html

I wrote it to to record any spread anomalies (i.e. spikes that occur outside news events or end of week)

If you put it on a separate 1 min chart of the pair you're trading, if a very large spike triggers your SL,

you can use a screenshot when discussing it your broker (the 1 min TF makes it easier for the broker to locate the precise event).

Here is an example of an anomalous spike -

http://www.4shared.com/photo/RNvsV1Du/gbpusd_m15_-_30-11-10.html

(this event took some locating as the broker had to search for it tick by tick over a 15 min period - hence the need for the 1 min chart)

One thing to keep in mind is that Metatrader doesn't store spread data, so a screen refresh will lose the

indicator history, and the indicator will then rebuild its history again bar by bar.

The wide red histo bar is the opening spread and the thin yellow histo bar is the maximum spread.

Hope you find it helpful.

apresau

Edited by apresau
included extra link