Help with auto trading script for NT FUtures

Guest JDNeeman

Guest JDNeeman

Hello, i would like help with an autotrader for NT that trades CRUDE OIL, and looks to be doing good, also there is an exe file that contains some indicators used in the schooloftrade.com website. if you could please help unlocing them (fixing)!! it will be a benefit to all.!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?vhnav727nv2v166

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndr6do547fmsg28

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rg93nua6oabbq4

Cheers.!!

cheers.

Backtest results would be interesting. The URLs off their home page aren't working, which I suspect is due to the globe-wide GoDaddy outage.

I thought it was interesting that the smallish FLV video on the homepage talks about an autotrader making $1500/month - that is actually quite small for an autotrader that presumably looks for (futures) trades every day, or, there are many losing trades thereby wiping out profits, and potentially giving losing months along the way too - I am thinking mostly of CL when I say that, and perhaps that's not what the $1500/month references - to get that amount with crude, there would likely be some biggish loser days, which would be quite disconcerting to anyone with a < $10-15k account.

EDIT UPDATE: OK, I see the scalp/swing/daytrade specific URLs that link off the above site are back online now. But, the guy's not updated the blog/examples in 2 years. Very unimpressive, and at minimum indiciative of 1) extreme laziness 2) complacency and/or 3) trading failure. That aside, what is there, is hardly impressive: entries, if wrong, with what look like big SLs, could be costly, to a real $CL trader. IMHO, there's little overall impressive with this outfit, and I'd not expect much from the strategies. And BTW, if you've never traded $CL, it can quickly become an account killer. Things like time of day for entries are incredibly important, ie., oil pit hours volatility can be huge; frankly, I can't imagine putting any automated strategy on $CL, unless you've got a mid 5-figure account size.

I'd just googled reviews for this site and there seems to be a fair amount of negativity on much of what it offers. I won't document any of that here, as we presumably wait for john.maddog's magic. :)

Edited by osijek1289

Guest JDNeeman

Totally Agree, but we it is good to test the script instead of pay $4000 for it....and also the indicators could be a very good addition---!!!! cheers.

it seems that the blog sidewaysmarkets.com is from the same guy and there he took trades on real time and real account, it seems!!!....

Cheers....

Has anyone tested this to see if it is worht it? If so, please give us an update...

Totally Agree, but we it is good to test the script instead of pay $4000 for it....and also the indicators could be a very good addition---!!!! cheers.

it seems that the blog sidewaysmarkets.com is from the same guy and there he took trades on real time and real account, it seems!!!....

Cheers....

• 1 month later...

@omaron is right. IMO the systems here have worked because the markets were more or less ranging during those months. Yes, that is what markets do, much of the time. BUT, things like CL can and do drop from $115 straight to $100. They then consolidate. Then, another drop from the $90's to $~75, as happened this year. I don't see results for those periods on that page (I did not dig deeper admittedly). Some strategies can do well in ranging markets, but when 10%, 20% corrections happen, or news bombs occur, many can't adapt. And the stoploss potential can be big.

The other thing I don't see mentioned is account size to trade CL, GC or even TF. Minimum to carry a position overnight - which these strategies very likely need to do - is $4.5 to $5.6, per contract. If it is in drawdown, that is an additional account drain. IMO, one can't dream of trading any of these with less than $10k per 1 lot. Many of these factors aren't considered in backtesting. Also, what about your N!njatrader integrity, ie., power to your PC, VPS, likelihood of the session not crashing, and being on for months and months and months. And, what if you do have to exit NT and restart? Does one know what the strategy will do with a position?

But, when one has real money on the line, it is difficult to see drawdowns of over $1000, not knowing where or when a stoploss or trade exit will be taken by the strategy, and then seeing your account down by 10%+, and expecting the strategy to fix it. In short, it is difficult to explain this, until you put real money down, and then you through a very slow and mind-numbing nail-biting period, watch your money controlled by something you basically have no confidence in, or knowledge about how it works. Throw in news bombs, shakeouts, time-of-day events, and, the reality is few can handle watching their account get thrashed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...