[REQ] Harmonix edu

Hi EarQuake

I am using the HarmonixEA.

I have communicated with their support and they are working a backtests for the set files to traders that want an "autopilot" approach.

I am using this system intraday, and by the look of all the potential settings and combinations, I know its a large tasks.

Hope this help, will post if I get more info.

-Pipfellas-

Hi pipfellas,

So it's true not is a fully automated system? Please keep informed.

Hi Earquake,

You can trade it fully automatic. But it has many options to configurate settings etc.

Examples:

a Trader that trade off H4 would most likely use different settings than one that trades M5.

a Trader that trade a low volatility FX pair would most likely use different settings than one that trades Oil or Silver.

I have tested many Harmonic Products, some very expensive and some lesser priced, but this is the only one where I can change anything to my own liking,

as most of us trade differently anyway.

However, I am looking forward to the setfiles they will release a little later. But as of now, very satisfied with what I have seen.

Hope it gives a clearer picture.

-Pipfellas-

Alright....here is a quick update. Not very detailed as of yet, due to waiting on updates, so this will have to suffice.

If you are looking for an EA that will assist you with trading, this EA is quite good. If you are looking for some thing that is 100% automated....it is not ready just yet. Will post more when the new updates have been implemented.

Alright....here is a quick update. Not very detailed as of yet, due to waiting on updates, so this will have to suffice.

If you are looking for an EA that will assist you with trading, this EA is quite good. If you are looking for some thing that is 100% automated....it is not ready just yet. Will post more when the new updates have been implemented.

so it doesnt work. thought so.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

As I stated previously, if used as a trade tool, it works great.

Originally, the author created this EA as a trade tool, NOT a 100% automated system. Due to requests from clients, the author has decided to work on finding good settings that will allow a newb to load it on a chart and forget about it. Since the EA is quite complex and a number-crunching hog, it will probably take at least a month or two. Until then, if you are interested in a trade tool for use trading harmonic patterns, then it is ready. Otherwise, keep waiting.

as i said elsewhere:

99.9% of the time, if a commercial system is an indicator (or 'semi automatic trader'), it is because it won't work as an EA. If it worked it would be an EA, with backtests and forward tests.

much easier to show a few screenshots. add in some silly marketing about profits. then blame traders when they lose money for not taking 'the right signals'.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

And again, let me state.... The system was created as a trade tool. The guy that made the EA uses it on his own live account. I know because I have talked to him often, and several times while he was in the middle of a trade.

So, when i say that he decided to work toward making it fully automated....I mean he did not intend for it to be 100% automated originally. He is only doing it because several people have expressed interest in running it as a fully automated system.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you show some trade examples with screen shots?

And again, let me state.... The system was created as a trade tool. The guy that made the EA uses it on his own live account. I know because I have talked to him often, and several times while he was in the middle of a trade.

So, when i say that he decided to work toward making it fully automated....I mean he did not intend for it to be 100% automated originally. He is only doing it because several people have expressed interest in running it as a fully automated system.

Could you show some trade examples with screen shots?

Actually, if you go to their website, invictusea , you can check their blog. They have quite a few live trade examples posted. I know they are live because I have been fortunate enough to be talking to them when some of them happened, so I got to see the pics before they were posted on the site. That is the only reason I know they are not faked.

Now that I am thinking about it....if you do happen to be looking over their blog, you will see some posts about trading on renko charts. That was my idea I suggested for them to try. I know most of the harmonic EAs will not run on a renko or constant range bar chart. They did not put that limitation on this EA.

I don't trust vendor's trades. Could be cherry picking of winners.

What would you expect to hear when you ask the butcher whether the meat is fresh?

Now that I am thinking about it....if you do happen to be looking over their blog, you will see some posts about trading on renko charts. That was my idea I suggested for them to try. I know most of the harmonic EAs will not run on a renko or constant range bar chart. They did not put that limitation on this EA.

I don't trust vendor's trades. Could be cherry picking of winners.

What would you expect to hear when you ask the butcher whether the meat is fresh?

Well, I have a fair amount of experience trading patterns, so I expected to see good results on a renko chart.

One thing I will say is that I am not entirely pleased with the pattern detection system. It is the best I have seen so far, but I have still seen it detect patterns that do not fit the definition of anything. I suppose it comes down to how loosely you chose to interpret the alignments on whether you would call it good or not.

I am liking some of the new features that have been incorporated recently. Anyway. I am not sure it is available anymore to the public anymore, so all of this might be pointless to post.