Free amibroker datafeed

Guest lambic

Ok lambic,

I've got a demo account, I started MT4 and logged on, I started RateServer, I started Amibroker and I linked Amibroker to RateServer. I now have a green connection light on the lower right corner of Amibroker. The connection has been on for about 10 minutes and I've been watching the bar movement on MT4, but there's no activity on Amibroker.

Is there another step that I'm missing?

Hey Bill

Do you have the smiley on the right of the PluginAB EA on the MT4 platform and have you enable DDE server on MT4 platform?

On MT4 I went to Tools > Options > Server Tab and I put a check in the box next to Enabled DDE Server. I don't know where the smiley on the right of the PluginAB EA on the MT4 is. I checked everywhere and I can't find what you're talking about.

I did click on the red button on the left of RateServer and it changed from a red arrow to a blue square and on Amibroker I right clicked on the connection button on the lower right corner of Amibroker and clicked on connect. The connection button changed from yellow to green indicating that Amibroker is connected to RateServer. I checked watchlist with all the Forex symbols and there's nothing importing.

I have all the Forex symbols listed in Amibroker's Real Time Quotes window to be able to see the price changes, but there is nothing. On Amibroker went to View > Intraday > 1 Minute to make sure that the charts are all set to 1 Minute to display price bars and still nothing is happening.

How do you place images and attachments to posts in this forum? Also I wanted to ask you if its possible to make trades on Amibroker through this DDE link? If so, then I could practice the demo by using Amibroker once I fix this link problem.

bill close the rateserver and in cmd (dos propmpt)open it again by using the up arrow on the keyboard, this way you refresh the rateserver , make sure that the expert advisor on the tool bar of metatrader is green colour. I have this lines in cmd C:\Program Files (x86)\AmiBroker>

C:\Program Files (x86)\AmiBroker>RateServerB.exe /regserver (take out 86 if you have window 7 32)

Edited by metal

Guest lambic
I don't know where the smiley on the right of the PluginAB EA on the MT4 is. I checked everywhere and I can't find what you're talking about.

Bill, I suppose it's the first time you use Metatrader. So let me explain how to activate the EA in MT4

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3742/connect4.png

lambic,

I'm still trying to get this thing to work. The video that is mentioned in the instructions was removed by the owner, so that's no help; however, I did find an article explaining this link method in MarketCall.in

MT4 Plugin for Amibroker

http://www.marketcalls.in/amibroker/mt4-plugin-for-amibroker.html

Modified plugin file attached here with check it out. This is the older post but brought up on readers request

Do you ever tried testing of real time charts in your Amibroker Software.

If not then try start with MT4 Plugin for Amibroker to analyse live forex data.

All you need to do is

1)Download Meta Trader 4

2)Install it in your windows system and open a demo account with metatrader

3)Download MT4 Plugin for Amibroker

http://cdn.marketcalls.in/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/MT4_data_plugin.zip

Download MT4 Plugin

Follow the procedure to setup live forex data in Amibroker

After Downloading MT4 Plugin

1.Copy MT4d.dll to C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Plugins

2.Copy RateServer.exe to C:\Program Files\AmiBroker

3.Open dos prompt and enter command

[cd C:\Program Files\AmiBroker]

[rateserver.exe /regserver]

4.Copy exp.dll to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\libraries

5.Copy exp.mqh to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\include

click exp.mqh and compile

6.Copy exportfb.mq4 to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts

click exportfb.mq4 and compile

7.Run metatrader4, then RateServer is displayed in tasktray

Run PluginAB Expert Advisor

* check Allow DLL imports

8.Run Amibroker

9.Click Amibroker and click [File]-[Database setting] select Datasource MetaTrader4 data Plug-in and set Base time interval – 1Minute or Hourly or EOD

10.[symbol]-[New] add symbol

USDJPY,GBPJPY… so on

11. On the Bottom Right corner of Amibroker there is a provision to enable mt4 plugin which is in WAIT status by default. Just change the status to CONNECT

Now Its all Done and now you can see charts updating live forex data in your Amiborker Software

Metatrader to Amibroker Tick Charts using DDE universal plugin

Also in the MarketCall.in website is an article describing the process for a Metatrader to Amibroker Tick Charts link using DDE universal plugin. http://www.marketcalls.in/amibroker/metatrader-to-amibroker-tick-charts-using-dde-universal-plugin.html

http://cdn.marketcalls.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DDE-Database.png

http://cdn.marketcalls.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Configure-DDE-Settings.png

The main drawback of this Universal DDE plugin is it doesnt supports backfill. If you get realtime data from metatrader to amibroker then one more solution available using the MT4 plugin for Amibroker as you described.

This is the same Universal DDE plugin that is used to link ThinkOrSwim to Amibroker and, as the article says, there is no backfill.

Edited by Bill Bundle