Req: pips indicator

before my hard drive crash, i had an indicator from part of somebody's system(i don't remember)that showed the profit or loss in green and red on the lower right of my chart window. it showed all the trades that i had opened. i think the word "profit" was in the name. i have done many searches, but cannot find the same one. any help would be nice. thanks in advance......vince

still looking

here is i-profit,thanks to value. the one i am looking for only shows your current open trades, it shows whether it is plus pips in green and minus pips in red. once the trade is closed, it disappears, except for the heading. very easy to see on the screen and keep track of all open trades on any chart you are looking at....thanks.....vince

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0MP7NKCU/fdgghs.rar_links

• 3 weeks later...

You beat me too it mat :-)

I found it yesterday and did some customizing on the code so it looks really good now.

It's the first time I've ever played around with MT4 indicator code (I'm not a programmer either) but using different examples online I managed to edit it today to do the following:

1) Nothing appears until a trade is actually placed - previously it said 'Generating Data... please wait' in big green font on top of your charts

2) When the trade is closed it disappears off your screen completely

3) Instead of appearing on top of your chart (making it messy and hard to read the pip values etc) your open trades now appear in the bottom right of your chart.

4) Removed the 'sell @' text and lot size so it just shows you your profit and pips now. You can still easily tell the difference between your buy and sell trades because I added 'sell - ' in front of sell trades and and 'buy - ' in front of buy trades (color coded)

5) Made the text smaller and nicer looking (I use a black background on my charts so you may need to edit the code and change and fonts that say 'white' to black if you use a white background on your charts). I'd like to add a input option for this but I have no idea how.

6) Break even displays in gold font instead of the hard to read dark blue font

7) That's it

One thing I want to point out is that it will only display one buy trade and one sell trade at a time. If you have 2 trades open (a buy and a sell) and you decide to open a 2nd sell trade then that will appear once you close your first sell trade.

Another problem (this is a big one I just noticed now!) is that it seems to show all of your open trades regardless of what chart you have open. So if I open a buy on the EUR/USD and then flick to the EUR/GBP with the indicator loaded it will show my buy details for the EUR/USD on that chart as well. I will do my best to try and figure this out so it just shows the active trades on each currency pair. I have no idea where to get started on this though so I can't promise anything (did I mention I am not a programmer at all :) )

Try it out and report back anyways. Here is a screenshot with 2 test trades active (a buy and a sell).

http://i.imgur.com/KzXzt.png

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mddisdd3rdl3bm

Edit: Instead of looking for a way to do the above I might just add the currency symbol before the 'buy -' and 'sell -' similar to the original code so you can see your open trades for any currency regardless of what chart you have open which is when I think about it pretty useful really. I think it's worth looking for a way to display all your open trades instead of just 2 though so when you have 2 trades going and you want to use this indicator for more trades you can see them as well. What do you guys think? If there are any actual programmers that want to chime in please do. I presume this is a simple enough fix but it will take me awhile to get it since I am just playing with the code really :-)

Edit 2: Here is the latest modded version. Includes the currency symbol. Still trying to figure out the 2 open order display limit. Let's see what happens.

Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/2xaVf.png

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?2uewd4w9dlz03hq

Cheers

Edited by peteshr2st

wow! you guys are great! the original indicators did show all open trades on any chart that it was on. thats one of the things i liked about it. although it did not show actual profit, it looks like a good option to have. very nice and clean. thank you very much. i am still going to search for the original, just so you can look at the code. if you want to keep developing option switches for this one, please do. thanks again for your hard work.........vince

Hey E2U thanks for posting that and helping out. That indicator is interesting and even though I can't figure out the code fully I did swipe a bit that allows the 'false' option below to work.

So a quick update. After a lot of tweaking/playing around with code I am getting closer to the final solution. At the moment I have figured out how to add inputs that allow you to select colours etc so it will look perfect on any chart. Also I have added a true/false select option. When it is fully completed the 'true' option will mean it shows all your open orders regardless of what chart you are on. 'False' on the other hand will tell the indicator to show you the all the open orders you have for what ever currency chart you are on.

So for example. If you have 6 orders across 2 pairs (EURUSD & EURGBP) the 'false' option will show the open orders per pair. So when you go to your EURUSD chart you will only see your current active trades for that pair and if you flick to the EURGBP and it will only show the open orders you have on that pair.

I have both of these basically done. The 'true' option aka the 'show all open trades' option just needs to display more than 2 trades and the false option (as described above) just needs to display more than 2 orders for the current pair.

They are both limited to 2! It's head wrecking stuff for a non programmer I'll tell you!

Edited by peteshr2st