• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

SILVER

If you are trading or intend to invest in cheaper precious metals such as SILVER, here is what my chart says. :) As usual, nothing is 100%. You just have to win with whatever the market gives you.

https://i.imgur.com/23JQclg.jpg

23JQclg.jpg

Edited by Unclepips
Added a link for clarity

• 4 weeks later...
For the Gann fans, Has anybody seen or done this course? Trader Syndicate :Gann’s Astro Cycles Course.

https://www.tradersyndicate.com/

I can't find any mention of it on the forum unless its posted under another name?

Looks expensive but, an interesting video.

I've seen this video. Looks great but if you reverse engineer the dates with an ephemeris you find that the cycle he is showing is a repetition of a fixed heliocentric angle of 0.21° between Saturn and Uranus. This made me wonder if this kind of fixed cycles with an orb of +/-1 day and inversions will not always give some kind of results that look good on a chart but have no value in actual trading. On the other hand it made me think of the cycles that BA from ganntrade6 is rambling about in his videos. This kind of cycles are also talked about in the Adventure of a Cycle Hunter book series.

Good observation. The cycles are there in market. There are 6 octaves simultaneously operating with different length. One need to separate them and find consistent repeat pattern

What you are writing here makes me think of the information presented in the book "Cosmic Secrets" by Russel A. Smith. It is based on the teachings of Gurdjieff and presents the universe as a series of octaves, with a detailed description of the interactions between each. I have the feeling this is somehow related to Gann's law of vibration but I still cannot make the connection to a market application. Any hints?

What you are writing here makes me think of the information presented in the book "Cosmic Secrets" by Russel A. Smith. It is based on the teachings of Gurdjieff and presents the universe as a series of octaves, with a detailed description of the interactions between each. I have the feeling this is somehow related to Gann's law of vibration but I still cannot make the connection to a market application. Any hints?

The point is, marking highs and lows alternately on charts and studying how these are connected. The task gets more challenging, as not only one pattern is present in the market. But hands on and exercise for long span historic data, helps in finding pulse...

I've seen this video. Looks great but if you reverse engineer the dates with an ephemeris you find that the cycle he is showing is a repetition of a fixed heliocentric angle of 0.21° between Saturn and Uranus. This made me wonder if this kind of fixed cycles with an orb of +/-1 day and inversions will not always give some kind of results that look good on a chart but have no value in actual trading. On the other hand it made me think of the cycles that BA from ganntrade6 is rambling about in his videos. This kind of cycles are also talked about in the Adventure of a Cycle Hunter book series.

Works well with USDCAD.

YOUR OWN RISK - Nothing is 100%

GBPJPY: Here is my assessment of this pair. I believe it looks like it is about to go south until the end of June. Which then it might flip to be a buyer until roughly mid-September. So by mid-September look to be bearish again until the end of the year.

35QtsLF.jpg

Works well with USDCAD.

You're right.

My issue with this method of looking for cycles is that there are thousands of possibilities if you look at 1, 2 or 3 planetary combinations in helio et geo. Then you have all the possible starting dates... I tried to narrow it down by looking at correlations at highs and lows but still eventually you have to open a charting program and test your cycles by hand in order to see if it actually works, with acceptable amount of inversions and all.

And after doing it by hand for dozens of cycles I realized that there are periods during which both polarities can coexist and it is hard to remain unbiased.

Anyway, since your comment I tried to program a script to do this automatically. It showed only 2 inversions on USDCAD using the cycle from the video in the last 2 years using a strict orb of 1 day, with a few one-time fails.

Here is a picture of the result:

(pink points: additional inversion points

one-time fails: when the blue goes down or the red goes up)

BukDtyg

Perhaps a script like this will help assessing if the cycle is random or real. I'll keep testing. If it works I might start another thread to report on this.

Works well with USDCAD.

You're right.

My issue with this method of looking for cycles is that there are thousands of possibilities if you look at 1, 2 or 3 planetary combinations in helio et geo. Then you have all the possible starting dates... I tried to narrow it down by looking at correlations at highs and lows but still eventually you have to open a charting program and test your cycles by hand in order to see if it actually works, with acceptable amount of inversions and all.

And after doing it by hand for dozens of cycles I realized that there are periods during which both polarities can coexist and it is hard to remain unbiased.

Anyway, since your comment I tried to program a script to do this automatically. It showed only 2 inversions on USDCAD using the cycle from the video in the last 2 years using a strict orb of 1 day, with a few one-time fails.

Here is a picture of the result:

(pink points: additional inversion points

one-time fails: when the blue goes down or the red goes up)

BukDtyg

Perhaps a script like this will help assessing if the cycle is random or real. I'll keep testing. If it works I might start another thread to report on this.

Oso, in case you aren't aware, the Tradersyndicate guy has a couple of unlisted videos on YouTube as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQBRCI0Zusw

For the Gann fans, Has anybody seen or done this course? Trader Syndicate :Gann’s Astro Cycles Course.

https://www.tradersyndicate.com/

I can't find any mention of it on the forum unless its posted under another name?

Looks expensive but, an interesting video.

I like your find about Gann Education and I plan to look into it when I save some money. Here is another one that looks really good.

https://tradingwithgann.com/trading-blog/

For this gold, I use natal date 1974-12-31, influences by Sun, Jupiter, Saturn with Node as the master planet.

Thanks for reply. I just started with TSA. So I need to study these posts a lot in deep. Meanwhile to shorten the path, could you suggest for intraday trading of GBPUSD with regards to astrocycles?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...