How to pickup Ninja trades

themask

Any idea if this would be via DDE? It's very fast. Seems to be connected directly to some part of NT7

http://www.toolsfortrader.com/Products.html

My guess is it does not work via DLL. I watched the video, and it seems like an OK built piece of code in Ninjascript (C#), but the way it works would be discomforting to me, because of many reasons: it gets it's historical data elsewhere, and then presumably gets the live feed from Dukascopy (which doesn't mean it goes into the historical NT database). If I were trading a real account, I would not at all (technically) feel safe with this approach. Plus, the cost of $500 is unduly high, and, when I see the video describe how to save 46% of Dukascopy commissions by using this outfit as the IB, I worry about the obviousy money-grabbing nature of it all. (There are outfits that openly admit to giving you a Dukascopy commission rebate, like molecule6, which is the highest around I believe) For whatever reason, Dukascopy just doesn't want to introduce other trading tools, other than their j-forex.

Not sure of your exact intent with NT and some other broker ... not sure if you know, but there are decent or OK forex brokers that offer spot forex trading, such as PFG Best. I'm not saying they are 100% fantastic as I have heard of issues, but if your goal is to have a NT strategy trade with a spot FX broker, then there are options.

Edited by osijek1289

I was looking for something else, and just came across this on a freebie type page, with some decent indis on it: it basically passes live prices from NT back into a Excel spreadsheet via DDE. I don't think there is a way to export or live display any new or ongoing trades via this simple methodology. But, in theory, if one wrote a NT indicator that monitored for new trades, in theory, it should be possible to somehow hand that off outside of NT via DDE.

http://www.volumedigger.com/NinjaTrader/Miscellaneous/NinjaTrader_DDE.aspx