Req: Tradestation / Multicharts link to Excel

qtmspin

• 1 year later...

Hi HB.

Years ago I used DDE from metatrader into M/C ( I use a demo MB trading now which is great by the way)

The only thing I remember about that nightmare was you had to get the time right. Look at the Broker Time and make sure your Own data server is the same time.

I could never manage to get DDE into later M/C 6. some say they did it by using the OD from Tradestation.

If I remember correctly, DDE has been discontinued by MS a long time. Its no longer possible to get DDE from MS products. Only, you can get it from other programs. The alternative is using older versions of MS products.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-happened-to-DDE-Share

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/create-a-link-using-dynamic-data-exchange-dde-HP003066210.aspx

Hope these above links clarify.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hellboy, could you please share the template of DDE for Multicharts? snapshot of Excel and snapshot of DDE sitting in Multicharts will do. Once I have tried that but the problem is you get price as one instrument/symbol and its volume as another instrument/symbol which will give two different timestamps to both price and volume because they read as 2 different instruments in MC. I have used this formula at price and volume field

=EXCEL|NT.xls!*

where NT is my Excel sheet and file name.

what I want is in Multicharts Data for closing price and volume Should import under one symbol not as two different symbols.

p.s. btw Excel DDE is functional with 2010 and 2013 versions

Edited by nifty_Trader

Hello Hellboy, could you please share the template of DDE for Multicharts? snapshot of Excel and snapshot of DDE sitting in Multicharts will do. Once I have tried that but the problem is you get price as one instrument/symbol and its volume as another instrument/symbol which will give two different timestamps to both price and volume because they read as 2 different instruments in MC. I have used this formula at price and volume field

where NT is my Excel sheet and file name.

what I want is in Multicharts Data for closing price and volume Should import under one symbol not as two different symbols.

p.s. btw Excel DDE is functional with 2010 and 2013 versions

yes dear, that is the problem, traded price and volume would be imported as two different symbols, as far as I could make out, there is no other way to import volume as volume.:(

yes dear, that is the problem, traded price and volume would be imported as two different symbols, as far as I could make out, there is no other way to import volume as volume.:(

Let's hope then we are both doing something wrong and there is some other better method around and someone will come up with that new method :-)