Trade Station 9 + Patch

tradingsol

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grisleback,

Tradestation, since version 8.1, can directly read the 3rd source data in ASCII and Metasock format. It is a built-in feature of TS. I have succeeded to read Metastock data and creat chart in off-line mode,, but failed to input ASCII data. if you can directly input ASCII data into TS9.0 there is no problem to use free MT4 data. Anyone has read ASCII data successfully ? Pls share the experience !

Have you watched this one?: https://www.tradestation.com/support/webinars/archives/screen_size.asp?id=importing_data

I have just taken a quick look and there are some tricky things he is doing.

Aeddi

Hi! LAC_STS,

If you prefer update right on top of TS9.0_8816,

Please Go to Help -> TradeStation Update Manager, and apply update from there.

Again, copies over the three files after you have updated!!!

If you prefer a clean installation, please go here:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/14603-Standalone-TradeStation-9.0_8505-To-Beyond-Update-Installers!!!

LAC, Apollo came first with the ultimate solution so no need for my help :) Thank you for that one Apollo.

By the way, do anyone have any news on a solution with OnDemandServer4.0 with IQF and TS9.0? I know of a ODS4.0 solution with eSig (http://depositfiles.com/files/5clo8oceg) , cure included, but I use IQF so it is of no use for me. Please take care of the eSig version in case the link disappears. I have not tried it, but there has been no negative feedback. At least none that I know of.

Aeddi

Edited by Aeddi

ok so, I uninstalled with Revo uninstaller, then installed the 8505 clean. Then I updated to 8800. Then I copied the 8800 patch files over, rebooted then tried to open ts and it still asks me for a user name and password.

Sorry to sound like a newb, Im far from it. Thanks for the help everyone.

There might be a simple solution to it. The username and password dialog is supposed to pop up every time. You should just choose "Work offline". If it does not allow you to do that, something is wrong. If I have understood your situation right, that's it :)

Aeddi

There might be a simple solution to it. The username and password dialog is supposed to pop up every time. You should just choose "Work offline". If it does not allow you to do that, something is wrong. If I have understood your situation right, that's it :)

Aeddi

ohhhh. So Ive prob had it right the whole time I just didnt know that the user name and pass was supposed to pop up.

So after the user name and pass pop up I hit work offline and it should work?

So this for EOD use? Is there no real time use of this program?

Much thanks guys

LAC, yes it will be EOD and a heck of a turn to import 3rd party data. Take a look at post #34 where I mention ODS4.0. If you use eSig you will have realtime data also. ODS4.0 works with TS 9.0. For my part I am still hoping for the IQF version :)

Aeddi

LAC, the way I have understood the download is that you install the ODS4.0 setup file as normal and then you take the finished install folder which is included with the download and replace it with the one in \program files (x86)\RT Soft\ folder. Note that you should preferably have TS 9.0 closed when you install ODS. When you have replaced the folder you go to start menu -> ODS4.0 and choose Activate-Deactivate TS 8.X interface. On their homepage it says clearly that it supports TS 9.0, so don't mind the "8.X".

Edit: When you have activated the ODS plug-in TS 9.0 should automatically call for the eSig dialup when you start TS 9.0.

Just remember when you install things from scratch that you always install TS 9.0 first, and then ODS4.0...

Hope this works. Let us know how it goes.

Aeddi

Edited by Aeddi

• 3 weeks later...
LAC, Apollo came first with the ultimate solution so no need for my help :) Thank you for that one Apollo.

By the way, do anyone have any news on a solution with OnDemandServer4.0 with IQF and TS9.0? I know of a ODS4.0 solution with eSig (http://depositfiles.com/files/5clo8oceg) , cure included, but I use IQF so it is of no use for me. Please take care of the eSig version in case the link disappears. I have not tried it, but there has been no negative feedback. At least none that I know of.

Aeddi

Aeddi, when i try to install ODS 4.0 for eSig it asks me for registration inf o... clues?

@LAC post #43: "...workaround to get esignal data to work with ts 9.0?"

Yes. It's an alternative to OwnData 3.0 from TSSupport

Aeddi - do you need an eSig account to get the eSig feed into ODS 4.0? Or were you implying the educated version of ODS v4.0 can pull down the eSig RT feed without a paid account?

cheers

f451

Aeddi, when i try to install ODS 4.0 for eSig it asks me for registration inf o... clues?

LAC_STS, any luck?

Hello Buypullback,

Since I don't use eSignal I have not tested it, but the way I have understood it you should first install with the setup file. When you have done that you should take the folder in the download and replace it with the setup installed one in Program Files folder completely. Maybe you should try renaming the installed one first so you do not need to overwrite anything. Then you have things tidy as possible regarding the folder in the download.

Would have been interesting to know it ended with LAC_STS.

Laurus