Trade Station 9 + Patch

tradingsol

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you tradingsol for sharing good software

hi all , after i ve tried to install its work but u need to let s tradestation auto update to ver 8816 (lasted version) and use its patch

BTW , my concern is that if Tradestation website release newer version this patch will not work

so can anyone shared tradestation setup.exe of ver 8816 thats will help when we re-install and auto update is not ver 8816

best regards

I find the scanner in TS so powerful and want to make use of it. Could somebody help me how to use scanner with EOD data? Each time i start the scanner, it says "does not support in offline mode"

• 2 weeks later...

grisleback,

Tradestation, since version 8.1, can directly read the 3rd source data in ASCII and Metasock format. It is a built-in feature of TS. I have succeeded to read Metastock data and creat chart in off-line mode,, but failed to input ASCII data. if you can directly input ASCII data into TS9.0 there is no problem to use free MT4 data. Anyone has read ASCII data successfully ? Pls share the experience !

grisleback,

Tradestation, since version 8.1, can directly read the 3rd source data in ASCII and Metasock format. It is a built-in feature of TS. I have succeeded to read Metastock data and creat chart in off-line mode,, but failed to input ASCII data. if you can directly input ASCII data into TS9.0 there is no problem to use free MT4 data. Anyone has read ASCII data successfully ? Pls share the experience !

I said this before but if someone could develope a program that could convert free Forex data, say from a broker that supplies free demo accounts, and have it feed Tradestation. That would open up the use of Tradestation for just about everyone. My skills in that area are pretty much non-existant but you would think some sharp computer guy could do it.

3rd party data

grisleback,

Wang....you say that you can get Metastock data. I can't get either ASCI nor Metaslock. What prefix do you use? Also, under formating symbol it asks for exchange but it won't let me enter an exchange. If I'm using the S&P 500 stocks, am I going to have to enter an exchange of each stock? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Wang....you say that you can get Metastock data. I can't get either ASCI nor Metaslock. What prefix do you use? Also, under formating symbol it asks for exchange but it won't let me enter an exchange. If I'm using the S&P 500 stocks, am I going to have to enter an exchange of each stock? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

you can make a custexch.txt file and type what ever exchange in CAL folder program files\tradestationxxx\CAL