Coding Help needed for EA filter??

napadad

Will share, of course... and hope this is OK to ask....

I have an EA here that I had made from a commercial indicator, and now want to add a filter using another commercial indicator. Both are fairly "bogus" by themselves, but interestingly, are pretty good together? One guy tried to add the filter, but it doesn't work, so you will see some of that code in there...

Here is the package: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7329309/New%20RevFX.rar

There are four files in here:

Revolutionary_FX.dll : goes in library folder, of course...

Revolutionary_FX.ex4: the trading indicator... you can see in on the "total scammy" website...

RevFX v2a.mq4: the EA I had made using it...

Reversal Point Scanner.mq4: the new filter indicator... draws red and blue arrows for possible turning points.

The filter would be to only take long trades when the last arrow drawn is blue, only short if red. There may be several blue arrows before a red show up, etc....

The arrows don't settle down until the bar closes. I have been manually watching on the 5min EU, and it looks pretty good...

Also, and optional, if we could get a function that would shut down the EA when the account has made a given dollar amount. It looks pretty consistent that one could get up by 2 wins pretty much every day at some point, then stop. Perhaps we re-set the EA each trading day, allowing the EA to log the account balance at that point, then enable the EA, letting the EA shut itself down once it is X dollars up?? Just a thought... although the EA will set 1:1 ratios that are different for every trade, depending on signal bar range...

Anyway, that can wait, but if we could get the filter done, that would be great.... thanks!