how do i Make my ea work with an ecn broker?

Probably it was because of the weekend. Did you solve it?

Where does the EA come from? Can you tell some information: what timeframe, cross and with what result do you run the EA on?

works now thx, it was because of the broker. works really well with mb trading but when i try and use it on acfx on the 0 spread account, it does not work at all, no sl or tp in place. can you help?

i will show you how much i can make and share the system with you if you can sort out the sl and tp.

Edited by digitalsakurauk

works now thx, it was because of the broker. works really well with mb trading but when i try and use it on acfx on the 0 spread account, it does not work at all, no sl or tp in place. can you help?

i will show you how much i can make and share the system with you if you can sort out he sl and tp.

did you ever tried on *live* account?

ECN function modified

I have modified the ECN function. In this version you need to set the extern bool ECN parameter to TRUE for ecn broker or FALSE for non ecn broker, and also set the extern int TakeProfit and extern int StopLoss values properly before you start to trade with the EA.

Please test it with your broker.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7U4BDUWJ

...but the fix StopLoss does not work...

It's not the failure of the EA. Every Broker has a predetermined stop level, which is the smallest allowed stop loss distance from the order opening price. The stop level is in most cases more than 1 pip, therefore you can't use 1 pip fix stop loss.

I made a Broker-Account-Info script to print the important account and broker informations in the MT4 terminal. You need to place it to the experts/scripts folder in the main MT4 folder, then drag it to any open chart. The script will print the following informations: Account Holder, Broker, Leverage, Account currency, Lot size, Min lot, Lot step, Max lot, Stop level, Freeze level, Point size, Initial margin, Maintenance margin, Hedged margin, Required margin, Spread in points, Ticksize, Tickvalue, Pipvalue.

You can read this informations in the Terminal window / Experts tab. In your case you need to watch the "Stop level" in order to get the predetermined Stop level of your Broker.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8I0GUPIP

• 2 weeks later...