Who Can make colour in Block..

My 1st profit from this indicator.....:-)

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz204/lionmi/1.jpg

Congratulation ELMA.. Check Your Inbox ... you like MACD ? .... i give you My SEFC-MACD, i Hope you can make big pips.. :)

SEFC Mode= Red light ...(off) ..

"Indonesia Forex Community"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words MM....

Does anyone else feel my programming could be wrong :"> have a look at the attachment:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3728/2062011104514pm.png

Will keep trying!

Rgds

RM

Hiya,

I've used eagenerator as well - excellent tool.

Seems that many trades are being taken, its likely you need to add "If Order Does Not Exist" in the blocks ( making sure you specify buy/sell as appropriate), otherwise it will keep taking orders at each tick.

Pardy.

No.. Friend.. you are not Dumb.. and my smile not smirk.....

Let's Go.. give your idea to this thread .. and still spirit...

:)

SEFC.

Well I cannot help with the automation SEFC, but here is my manual method!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9459/2062011114137pm.png

If anyone needs clarification, just ask.

Rgds

RM

Well I cannot help with the automation SEFC, but here is my manual method!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9459/2062011114137pm.png

If anyone needs clarification, just ask.

Rgds

RM

Are you using Margins = 50?

~Money often costs too much~

Hiya,

Seems that many trades are being taken, its likely you need to add "If Order Does Not Exist" in the blocks ( making sure you specify buy/sell as appropriate), otherwise it will keep taking orders at each tick.

Pardy.

Yes.. Mr.Pardy .. good idea.. maybe can try it ?

my dream..

EA hopefully one day it could happen .. It is my hope

If we gather together and build something that might be useful .. then it is great fun for everyone ..

than we are blaming each other .. as in the other thread

SEFC

SEFC Mode= Red light ...(off) ..

"Indonesia Forex Community"

Hiya,

Pardy.

Hi Pardy and MM

Thanks to both of you for the assistance. I actually knew what was wrong but it looked funny so I posted it. Amazing thing is that with every new EA, I forget to but the "if does not exist" or "once per bar" block.

The real problem with trying to get the signal from the indicator is that all those lines that show are in fact not references, they are calculations from a single reference. So... regardless of which mode_index I call for (0-7) I get the same result. The answer lies with what MM said about hard coding the calculations within the EA and I am just not capable enough to do so, or, rewriting the Indi to assign the calculations to mode_index channels. Even that is not so easy with the limitations of EA Gen, as we are restricted to 8 mode_index lines and the indicator uses 11 if you include the pivot point.

I really appreciate the feedback though, I just love this forum!

Rgds

RM

Hi Retireme,

Your manual example shows the manual system working well - however even MA cross systems would work just as well in a market with nice large swings either way.

The problem with all trend-following and MA based systems is that they get chopped to pieces in ranging markets giving all previous winnings back to the market.

Some manual traders have experience to avoid these choppy periods and can still do well overall, however EAs are intended to keep on taking signals 24/7 and will self-destruct.

Have a look at this chart using your indicators. There are false signals all over place, especially if you always exit trades on the next opposite coloured candle whether they're in profit or not.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6055/retireme.jpg

Hi Retireme,

Your manual example shows the manual system working well - however even MA cross systems would work just as well in a market with nice large swings either way.

The problem with all trend-following and MA based systems is that they get chopped to pieces in ranging markets giving all previous winnings back to the market.

Some manual traders have experience to avoid these choppy periods and can still do well overall, however EAs are intended to keep on taking signals 24/7 and will self-destruct.

Have a look at this chart using your indicators. There are false signals all over place, especially if you always exit trades on the next opposite coloured candle whether they're in profit or not.

Hi Soundfx,

I couldn't agree with you more! I would never use an EA on a live account, the exercise was to learn a little programming. Only the human has discretionary powers and therefore manual trading systems, all things being equal, profit far more than any EA. After saying that, most people looking for an EA, are actually doing so for the very reason I advocate manual systems and our discretionary powers. The weak link in any system, be it Forex, business, relationships etc etc is and always will, be human nature. Human nature and the ever present 7 deadly sins!

So... what can we do? What shall we do? Give up Forex? Never go into business? Never form a relationship? It is rhetorical by its sheer lunacy, life goes on!

There was a spreadsheet (free version) somewhere on this forum, that assists with money management of manual systems. It is extremely effective and I offer you an extract from it with all the trades in the last 2 weeks using the system I proposed. The reason for doing so is because I agree with what you are saying about getting chopped up over sustained periods of flat price action or short wave trending periods.

The first 17 entries in the sheet are from the last 14 days from today. $10000 starting balance, Go Market feed, 10% max DD, 2% invested, Max SL @20 pips.

The next 33 entries were fictitious and all had a -20 pip loss. On the 32nd consecutive loss of -20 pips I was still in profit of $103.50. That is a total of -640 pips given back to the market.

Now my question to you is this:

If you were using a manual system where you lost 33 consecutive trades @ -20 pips per trade would you consider it a good system, and, at what point would you give up Forex and take up another gambling method?

Time for bed I-)

Rgds

RM

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4189/306201120928am.png

Yes.. Mr.Pardy .. good idea.. maybe can try it ?

my dream..

EA hopefully one day it could happen .. It is my hope

If we gather together and build something that might be useful .. then it is great fun for everyone ..

than we are blaming each other .. as in the other thread

SEFC

I'll give it a go over the weekend, using eagenerator.

Pardy

If you were using a manual system where you lost 33 consecutive trades @ -20 pips per trade would you consider it a good system, and, at what point would you give up Forex and take up another gambling method?

I doubt if any manual traders would have such confidence in their system that they could happily take strings of consecutive losses of more than 3-4 never mind 33! The only way you can have this confidence is if you've backtested for years and found that your system has a consitent edge and makes a killing on big trends which more than mops up all the smaller losses. Even so, the psychology involved in taking strings of losses naturally makes us doubt our system - even if we've backtested over the past 10+ years, the markets can always change...we start to think that the system could be about to hit the biggest losing period ever and wonder why we're still robotically executing signals when each trade is losing - it makes no sense at all to be putting the time into trading when you're losing all the time.

Even if we leave an EA to trade a system like this we'd still lose confidence in it after strings of losses and probably end up pulling the plug with an account looking very poorly - just before the next big trend which could have made it all back lol.

The best traders I know, don't use a system as such. Instead they use many methods and these methods are brought out to signal entries at the most appropriate times.

A very simple example is a trading style made up of 2 methods:

1. Ranging method - wait for price to spike outside Bollinger Bands and then enter in opposite direction as soon as you see the first candle close with a different colour. Target can be middle or opposite BB, stop at the bottom of the spike which went outside the BBs.

2. Trending method - Identify swing high and swing low levels and enter when price breaks through these levels. Target can be when next swing forms in our direction and stop can be at swing high/low points too.

Market types are relatively easy for humans to see. If price mainly covers the whole of your chart area and is clearly moving in a horizontal direction - then we assume ranging until price breaks the high/low of the range with a closed candle (not a spike). Trending markets will be clear to see soon after the trend has started with higher highs or lower lows being made regularly.

If it's not immediately clear whether we're trending or ranging then we can get clues from higher timeframe charts - are they trending or ranging ?

I've yet to see an EA which uses conventional lagging indicators which is able to handle different market conditions - there always end up being too many false signals in the wrong type of market for that EA.

If we're going to attempt to build an EA which is consistently profitable then I believe that identifying ranging and trending markets should be the first thing to get sorted. Once that's done then we can get a trending EA to ignore signals in ranging markets and a ranging EA to ignore signals in trending markets. Alternatively we can be really clever like the best manual traders and get the EA to trade BB's when in a ranging market or HH/LL breaks when in a trending market for example.

Another idea, please have a look to the Money Management tool presented in the link bellow.

With this MM tool you calculate your available lots for trade on a % of your capital and a % of your profit.

I am using it, I like this calculation which increase your risk when you are in profit and decrease it when you are in loss.

Edited by gringoh

Dear SEFC! Thank you for your endless help, indies, systems & ideas that you shares with the forum members!!! This is a HUGE contribution to better trading FX to all of us!

For now, unfortunetely most of the precious stuff uploaded by you on rapidshare.com not available anymore, that's pity!

sorry for lirical disgression ...

My first & small contribution to this lovely & friendly place, - I'd love to share with you this indy i'm playing with a pretty long time. It nicely shows: direction, enters, exits & diverg. converg. :-)

http://zalil.ru/31186955 indicator

http://zalil.ru/31187055 screen

here is the my secured link:

http://narod.ru/disk/14922822001/Forecaster.rar.html

Edited by redneedle

Dear SEFC! Thank you for your endless help, indies, systems & ideas that you shares with the forum members!!! This is a HUGE contribution to better trading FX to all of us!

For now, unfortunetely most of the precious stuff uploaded by you on rapidshare.com not available anymore, that's pity!

sorry for lirical disgression ...

My first & small contribution to this lovely & friendly place, - I'd love to share with you this indy i'm playing with a pretty long time. It nicely shows: direction, enters, exits & diverg. converg. :-)

http://zalil.ru/31186955 indicator

http://zalil.ru/31187055 screen

Files not found, please upload.

Thanks.

404 Not Found

Another idea, please have a look to the Money Management tool presented in the link bellow.

With this MM tool you calculate your available lots for trade on a % of your capital and a % of your profit.

I am using it, I like this calculation which increase your risk when you are in profit and decrease it when you are in loss.

There is a new improved version bundle with excel spreadsheet, see below:

Quote Originally Posted by taipan View Post

Hi musketeer,

There is an new improved version bundled with excel spreedsheets, download from here:

http://www.multiupload.com/HMVDEU7PH8

Can you educate it so that it can be used with any live accounts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Taipan,

cant decompile MasterMoneyBot.ex4

thank u for the share ...

but could u share the full version? this one is missing something.

ore maybe is just something wrong... ill just check the code...

it`s givving a few errors

#property indicator_buffers 15 ?

Edited by MickyMouse