(REQ) Million Dollar Pips

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For V1.16, the EA does not have "safe" mode, thus it will open a trade with the preset risk of 1.5%. Bear in mind that the EA can open more than 10 positions during a very short session, if all the trades move in our favor, we will be profiting a lot... :)

But as what had happened on last Thursday, the market did not move in our favor and the EA opened sell position for usdJpy in the upward market... so 11 out 13 positions opened by the EA hit Stop Lose and in less than a minute, most accounts down by 18%...:( so be aware...

I was running 1.1 on live and on demo with one ECN broker ... demo results are impressive, but live ... lossses one after another ... problem is execution time ... prices jump from one place to the other and if it closes is neve the same as EA wants ... this is because my ECN account does not use slippage and closing/opening price are always differen from executed one ...

so ... You should try to find realy fast ECN broker or 5digit non-ECN broker with smaller spread than 2pips ...

one more thing ... 1.1 opens less orders and so is the risk lower

Since when is the risk lower, when you open less orders?

It depends not only on the amount of ordes but also on the size of the orders and of course placing the orders at the right time on the right direction!

I have used 1.1 and was not really impressed, but the backtest where almost the same like the real trades.

So I made a backtest with 1.16 and since the 4th august I only use 1.16 on my ECN broker account.

I can say that 1.16 is much better and more successful although I have it set up to open up to 8 orders at one time.

Since when is the risk lower, when you open less orders?

It depends not only on the amount of ordes but also on the size of the orders and of course placing the orders at the right time on the right direction!

I have used 1.1 and was not really impressed, but the backtest where almost the same like the real trades.

So I made a backtest with 1.16 and since the 4th august I only use 1.16 on my ECN broker account.

I can say that 1.16 is much better and more successful although I have it set up to open up to 8 orders at one time.

Watch out for your risk setting. If you put 1.5%, if all the 8 trades open are winners, you will have 12% gain within a minute.... What if all the trades go against and lose... you will have 12% lose the other way round.... Just prepare for the worst happen...:)