Sam S3iden

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask why you are going long. Isn't that against the trend.. Shouldn't you be going with the trend and therefore waiting just in the area above your target 3 and then going short. or have I go this wrong

whakamaru:

Remember Seiden almost always say that you buy when everyone is selling and sell when everyone is buying. That's counter trend to me :-) To be successful, you have to go against the herd. If you always follow the herd (not the trend mind you), one day you'll get slaughtered!!

What is important to remember is when you want to take a day trade or any trade for that matter, do refer to a higher time frame and check where bids are in relation to demand and supply zone. If it is near Daily Demand zone, you should be comfortable in taking any long trades in lower time frames and vice versa.

Hope that helps.

EURUSD Long trade

120min shows demand zone. You don't want to be shorting into that.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6714/16062011eurusd120min.jpg

5min chart shows a couple of bounces off the lows into the meat of the longer timeframe demand zone. Entered long at close of first bull candle following US news. These are not picture perfect entries, but as Sam Seiden himself says, don't just be expecting perfect setups. The principles of buying dips into demand and selling pushes into supply are sound so long as the price action before it suggests a favourable profit potential.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4194/16062011eurusd5minlong.jpg

Thanks for your great analysis and posts JimJamBonks.

I would like to propose that we put up potential trades with naked charts, no lines, nothing, in order for new comers and experienced users of this method to discuss trades before they actually happen. I think with that we can equip anyone who would like to further learn this method of trading and we can only learn by doing and through constructive discussion.

Please no PETTY SQUABBLES. Trading is not an exact science. The very least we can build up a great foundation here.

What say you guys and gals?

Thanks for your great analysis and posts JimJamBonks.

I would like to propose that we put up potential trades with naked charts, no lines, nothing, in order for new comers and experienced users of this method to discuss trades before they actually happen. I think with that we can equip anyone who would like to further learn this method of trading and we can only learn by doing and through constructive discussion.

Please no PETTY SQUABBLES. Trading is not an exact science. The very least we can build up a great foundation here.

What say you guys and gals?

hedgehog

That is a great idea. I am still trying to get the hang of this (being a real newbie to trading). I have done a couple of small successful trades and also done probably more unsuccessful ones as well.

The unsucsessful ones where of the lower timeframes 15 min and 5 min. I feel more comfortable with the 1hr chart.

hedgehog

That is a great idea. I am still trying to get the hang of this (being a real newbie to trading). I have done a couple of small successful trades and also done probably more unsuccessful ones as well.

The unsucsessful ones where of the lower timeframes 15 min and 5 min. I feel more comfortable with the 1hr chart.

Successes and failures are part and parcel of learning. Many do not get it and only want profits and not losses. You can't have one without the other. Once you get around that, you will be successful.

I have read Sieden saying that on higher time frames, it would be best and supply and demand zones works best as there are less noise. Having said that, he did mention that day trading using this method can also be profitable as long as you know what you're doing.

Successes and failures are part and parcel of learning. Many do not get it and only want profits and not losses. You can't have one without the other. Once you get around that, you will be successful.

I have read Sieden saying that on higher time frames, it would be best and supply and demand zones works best as there are less noise. Having said that, he did mention that day trading using this method can also be profitable as long as you know what you're doing.

I don't mind the failures at this stage. The failures are where I am learning more of what I did wrong.

The 1hr seems the best (for me at this stage anyway).

As you mentioned there is a lot of noise on the lower timeframes, especially when you get several supply area levels near each other or server demand areas near each other.

Guys I noticed something. I put up both the S&D indicators, and as most said eyeballing is best, you should notice that there are levels that the indicators do not draw. You can see them easily especially with the indicator up for those who are still inexperienced. So in a nutshell, the indicators can be really helpful. Think of the training wheels on bicycle. :-D

Hope this helps.

Trade Set-up. Time Frame: H4

Long CADJPY 81.63. Demand zone 81.21/63

Stop Loss 45 pips.

Take Profit 100/140 pips. Supply zone 83.12

Risk Reward 1:2/1:3

This is NOT a trade recommendation. This is for information and record only.

"If you read one guy's opinion and do anything based solely on that, you're an idi*t!" - Cliff Assness, AQR Capital Management

Edited by hedgehog

Hi Hedgehog. Sorry to pick on you - I'm not trying to be cruel, honest ;)

With respect to that CADJPY trade. Did you just enter it this morning? If so, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on that level not being a fresh one (it touched yesterday) and how far price reacted when it last touched the zone because to me the demand zone has about a 1:1 relationship with its nearest supply zone. I'm not saying it's wrong - there's no such thing as 'wrong' just interested to hear your thoughts out loud.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1777/17062011cadjpy240min.jpg

As a matter of interest, has anybody actually tried using the XLT Probability Enhancer Scoring System to actually filter trades? I'm aware of them, of course, but I can't pretend I'm methodical about applying the score result as a rule to enter. I'm very aware that I'm still quite discretionary about my trading. Now discretion isn't necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't help new traders who have little to build discretion upon...I'm particularly mentioning this now based on Sam's recent article "What Traders Can Learn From Women" .

http://www.tradingacademy.com/lessons/20110614/featured_article.htm

Edited by JimJamBonks

GBPUSD 60min chart. Worthwhile keeping an eye on this. It's a fresh supply level which had a good, quick drop away after the rally-base-drop which was in line with the recent downward structure and the lower end of the zone is at the big '00' level. Also it's that bit higher on the curve than the immediate high (which could also prove profitable).

Depending on how price actually approaches/enters the zone will hopefully determine whether it's worth a go.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7121/17062011gbpusd.jpg

The USDCHF 240min short I mentioned in post #221 has finally met its first target for a 2:1 reward/risk profit. I've now moved the stop to guarantee me a 1:1 profit on the second half of the position and we'll see what happens if it ever gets to the bottom target.

This was a nice example of just letting a trade run its course - let it win or let it lose. As it happens it came within about 5 pips of being stopped out twice.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9158/17062011usdchf240minsho.jpg

Hi Hedgehog. Sorry to pick on you - I'm not trying to be cruel, honest ;)

With respect to that CADJPY trade. Did you just enter it this morning? If so, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on that level not being a fresh one (it touched yesterday) and how far price reacted when it last touched the zone because to me the demand zone has about a 1:1 relationship with its nearest supply zone. I'm not saying it's wrong - there's no such thing as 'wrong' just interested to hear your thoughts out loud.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1777/17062011cadjpy240min.jpg

Jim: On my charts, it didn't touch the level at all yesterday. Today's is the only time it touched that said level. Don't worry, everyone like to 'pick' on the hedgehog ;-)

Aah right. That's pesky off-exchange, over-the-counter, non-regulated market maker pricing for you. ;)

I run several charts off several brokers (diversified :-)) and most of the time they are different but almost the same. The one you highlighted for yesterday's H4 was close to the level but didn't touch.

GBPUSD 60min chart. Worthwhile keeping an eye on this. It's a fresh supply level which had a good, quick drop away after the rally-base-drop which was in line with the recent downward structure and the lower end of the zone is at the big '00' level. Also it's that bit higher on the curve than the immediate high (which could also prove profitable).

Depending on how price actually approaches/enters the zone will hopefully determine whether it's worth a go.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7121/17062011gbpusd.jpg

Jim:

This one is quite near higher time frame (H4 and D1) demand though. Am I right?

It is, but bear in mind that larger timeframe demand zone has been has already seen a reaction and the nature of price is that it will bounce fractally between pockets of supply & demand as it charts its course up and down.. I'm not necessarily suggesting that price would make a huge move down from that zone and in fact recent price action congesting just below the yellow marked area has ruled it out of a trade for me on the 60min chart. But all that said I suspect there may still be sufficient supply in that area to afford a short off a lower time frame with our wholesale/retail mindset to the fore.