Sam S3iden

I noticed none of the two indicators (supdem) and (il Supdem) refreshes. I think someone mentioned it here somewhere as well. And supdem.ex4 is protected and I can't edit it. Anyone here can make them refresh? At the moment I find supdem.ex4 indicator cleaner and slightly better. Anyone can help and give me some feedback?

Thank you.

p.s. To avoid people looking and asking for the indicators, please get them here:

http://www.multiupload.com/MK5EETELU1

You know how to edit the codes? the II_SupDem is mq4 format I think

It will be good if u can provide screenshot on SupDem.. wahahaah

Smile

Chankl78

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how to edit the codes? the II_SupDem is mq4 format I think

It will be good if u can provide screenshot on SupDem.. wahahaah

Smile

Chankl78

Simple editing only. Professional work - no, no.

Chan the Il SupDem indicator draws out a lot of S&D. Have you used the SupDem? Which do you think is better? Of course if one can draw their own it is best but for me I rely on the indicator simply because I tend to scan a lot of pairs. I suppose if you are only trading a handful of currencies, then drawing manually is not difficult. I used to do it, then I got tired (and lazy).

p.s. Chan are you from KL? I know you are in S'pore but name is chankl. Half of S'pore are made out of Malaysian anyway :-)

I noticed none of the two indicators (supdem) and (il Supdem) refreshes. I think someone mentioned it here somewhere as well. And supdem.ex4 is protected and I can't edit it. Anyone here can make them refresh? At the moment I find supdem.ex4 indicator cleaner and slightly better. Anyone can help and give me some feedback?

Thank you.

I didnt know there were 2. I only used the II and wasnt particularly impressed with it. The supdem.ex4 looks much more neat and seems to fit the price better, so I definitely like it more, thanks. Unfortunately I dont have any idea how to help about refreshing, sorry. I tried to unlock it with a decompiler, as I suppose you did as well, and had no luck. :(

Here's an example o nthe EURGBP pair. If you notice, there are some levels not drawn by II_SupDem and trades were missed. Unless they were erased or repainted. Do you guys use both the indicators or just he II_SupDem only?

The BIGGER Image is here: http://postimage.org/image/1fjiq04ck/full/

http://s3.postimage.org/q8t2qnnqr/eurgbp.gif

Edited by hedgehog

I quite like SupDem too...

I not really bothered by refresh problem.. cos once that area is broken, it is good as gone..

Also even with this indicator, we have our own judgement to make whether we should follow or not...

Those areas that's being attacked so many times, i dun really bothered to use that...

Hand drawn is still the best.. Now, i am getting use to look at those area miss out by the indicators...

Smile

Chankl78

Simple editing only. Professional work - no, no.

Chan the Il SupDem indicator draws out a lot of S&D. Have you used the SupDem? Which do you think is better? Of course if one can draw their own it is best but for me I rely on the indicator simply because I tend to scan a lot of pairs. I suppose if you are only trading a handful of currencies, then drawing manually is not difficult. I used to do it, then I got tired (and lazy).

p.s. Chan are you from KL? I know you are in S'pore but name is chankl. Half of S'pore are made out of Malaysian anyway :-)

I like the SupDem.. it is nicer & cleaner... not much of signals which i like also this are the areas which i concentrate in SupDem... Now, i love trading H1..

Already switched from II_SupDem to SupDem...

I now trading EU, GU, Gchf only...

I am also lazy person.. So I prefer indicators to draw for me..

I am a pure singaporean.. wahahaha..

I'd suggest you dispense with the indicators and just try to see the levels for yourself.. All the rules are laboriously set out in the materials shared earlier.

The chart below is the GBPUSD trade I'm currently in. The origin of the move down was qualified by the brief touch and quick fall away at Point 1. That particular pattern helped define the origin and thus where the horizontal lines and subsequently where my limit order short was placed at point 2. This also happened to be a small surge up in price into a supply zone at the beginning of the London session - essentially this was a retail trader trap.

The two blue lines below are my profit targets. As it happens the first half target has just closed. Both of the profit targets are placed just above the origins of the opposing demand areas.. How you individually manage such trades is an individual preference but I think the time spent in finding quality levels at extremes on the 'curve' without the distraction of an indicator is time well spent.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6530/14062011gbpusdshort.jpg

Edited by JimJamBonks

Another example from yesterday. EURUSD Long. The demand zone was actually touched on Friday but I didn't want to open it just to hold it over the weekend.

When price opened on Monday morning without any major gapping I entered long in the knowledge that the previous fast drop down into demand left no real supply levels nearby and a very agreeable reward/risk ratio of about 4:1.

Of course they don't always work but if you choose levels on the extremes with good profit potential and with the correct wholesale vs retail mindset then I think you'll find your results over a bunch of trades is very positive.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7820/13062011eurusdlong.jpg

Edited by JimJamBonks

After having spent some time watching the supdem.ex4 with the strategy tester on small TF's I think I understand how it works. Basically as soon as a new extreme is formed on a bar close (top or bottom) the old level is deleted and a new one starts to draw, until a new extreme is formed, starting a new cycle. So, it's less intelligent than what it might look like at a first glance, and then a bit dangerous to be traded on its own. But we knew that already, didn't we? I don't know how the II_SupDem.mq4 works though as I see different levels and don't have time at the moment to check it with the same procedure. Just wanted to bring this to the general attention for people who might be using it. ;)

whakamaru: It matters not what else you need to know. The Demand and Supply method is pretty rule-based. The rest is pretty discretionary. You will gain by reading up on patterns, candles, etc but over time, in my opinion, nothing can better experience. So don't come into this industry thinking you can use one or two magic indicator and or system and be a millionaire in a year or want to compound 1% per day. That's noob thinking. I have been trading for most part of my life as an institutional trader and am still learning. Like I said stick to ONE method, use RISK MANAGEMENT (never over-exposed yourself) and learn along the way.

hedgehog

Thanks for the advice.

I agree with you on experience. I am not looking for the magic indicators, I have tried some indicators and they don't work that well, for me anyway.

I just want to get a good understanding of how all this all works, especially identifying the correct major supply and demand levels. I think that this is the most important part and then next managing the trading.

Edited by whakamaru

Found a setup but not sure if it a very good one, but one to watch nonetheless. The level directly above it at 1.08664 would be the best if prices goes back up there, but in the meantime, this is it. Feedback appreciated.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?8a77eead63.gif

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.8a77eead63.gif

Edited by hedgehog

Hi

I have been going through the webinars and Supply & Demand Trading Journal by 60minuteman and one of the things mentioned is that you don't cut through the candles when drawing the supply and demand zones. I have noticed that Sam some times cuts through the candle bodies. So is this a valid rule of not cutting through the candle bodies or can this be a discretionary rule?

Hi

I have been going through the webinars and Supply & Demand Trading Journal by 60minuteman and one of the things mentioned is that you don't cut through the candles when drawing the supply and demand zones. I have noticed that Sam some times cuts through the candle bodies. So is this a valid rule of not cutting through the candle bodies or can this be a discretionary rule?

Nope.. the cannot cut thru the candles is defined by Sam Seiden not 60minuteman. 60minuteman is following Sam Seiden closely. If there any cuts thru, I think it is not that significant. It is just 1 or 2 candles in that same area....

Smile

Chankl78

Nope.. the cannot cut thru the candles is defined by Sam Seiden not 60minuteman. 60minuteman is following Sam Seiden closely. If there any cuts thru, I think it is not that significant. It is just 1 or 2 candles in that same area....

Smile

Chankl78

I have seen Sam sometimes cut through some of the candle bodies in his webinar

Found a setup but not sure if it a very good one, but one to watch nonetheless. The level directly above it at 1.08664 would be the best if prices goes back up there, but in the meantime, this is it. Feedback appreciated.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?8a77eead63.gif

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.8a77eead63.gif

Remember my analysis has been done in hindsight but it looks like there was a more effective area (gray) before reaching the level marked by you and the second touch was just a touch and run, suggesting for more supply still waiting to be satisfied,

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1449/201106151037.png

as supported by the daily picture as well

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1688/201106151038.png

What I mean to say is that sometimes we look for distant and bigger levels and lose sight on closer ones. Happening to me all the time...

I also just realised that according to the way the levels are drawn by the supdem indi there should still be a level in that same area on H1 at the moment I'm typing. That's one more proof we shouldn't trust that indi blindly. The eyeball is still the best... ;)

P.S. - II_supdem does show it instead, although the one I drew starts from an older point

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5107/201106151053.png

Of course it's very easy to show trades after the fact. So here's a trade I have waiting to fulfil.

USDCHF 240min Limit Order Short at 0.8516

Stop at 0.8550 Target 1 - 0.8456 Target 2 - 0.8376.

I have the orders already in place. However I'm looking for price to make a clean move up towards the supply zone. If price congests for too long just below the entry level then this may upset the profit potential and so I may pull the orders... It's a 4 hour chart so only time will tell.

EDIT: Oops. Just realised I stated the stop loss was at 0.8550. Actually that was the top of the supply zone and the stop loss was actually at 0.8556 which means this trade is still in play. It doesn't means it's going to be a winner - it just means it's not beaten yet - though it's taken two near misses as of 08:00 GMT 16 June 2011.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3703/15062011usdchfshortlimi.jpg

Edited by JimJamBonks

One more consideration: looking at those same pictures, II_supdem.mq4 is actually behaving according to the way I tested the supdem.ex4 yesterday. So apparently something wrong with the supdem.ex4, making it look like the II_supdem.mq4 does refresh live some way and the supdem.ex4 doesn't. This doesn't explain why the Strategy Tester displays it differently (or maybe it does explain, since the data are already stored in the PC? This is why the tester is not actually reliable to prove if an indi repaints live).

JuicyT - I trade all timeframes as the setups present themselves to me. I keep all my trades to 1% risk so just alter my position size to match the 1% risk amount. I do prefer lower timeframes and in fact I took a long on the AUDJPY 5min earlier today, but the setups aren't always there or more usually I just miss them by not concentrating hard enough. :)