Sam S3iden

hey chankl78 ,

thanks for great sharing,

which TF and pairs?

regards

ramliam

Any pairs. I have tested GU, EU, Echf, Gchf.. EJ, Gj.. Work perfectly.

Minimum timeframe I used is 60mins.

I set the parameters ForceTF = 60 in that Indicator..

And I am quite strict with my rules..

I will look for 1 pair that's touches that box even by 1pip... or into that box.

Then i will entered the trade upon a reversal candle.

Most of the time, I only trade 1 pair... Cos i do not need much.. I just need a 20pip trade to reach my daily target.

So that's y i am quite strict with my rule...

Smile

Chankl78

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chankl78. Thanks for the upload. I was hoping you could explain a bit more.

Does one of the videos go over the use of this indicator?

Or are the videos just so we know support/resistance areas and high probability trades and then we can use the indicator for this?

Are there certain times of the day that you trade? ie, coming out of Asian, London, NY?

Is this "box" that you speak of a support/resistance area?

What candles do you look for in particular...spinning top, doji, bullish/bearish engulfing, railroad tracks?

Thanks!

Hi chankl78. Thanks for the upload. I was hoping you could explain a bit more.

Does one of the videos go over the use of this indicator?

Or are the videos just so we know support/resistance areas and high probability trades and then we can use the indicator for this?

Are there certain times of the day that you trade? ie, coming out of Asian, London, NY?

Is this "box" that you speak of a support/resistance area?

What candles do you look for in particular...spinning top, doji, bullish/bearish engulfing, railroad tracks?

Thanks!

Hi jbozman, the indicator is copying what Sam Seiden (SS) is doing. It just plot out the level SS will do it in his manual way.

SS never use any indicators. He draw his own level. This indicator is done by other people copying his method.

I normally trade in London & New York. I focus on those strong level which the indicator highlight to me.

As mentioned, I will make sure the Price Action will touch the box (Even with it is 1 pip) before I will consider to enter trade.

Normally, I will entered on bearish/bullish engulfing. If I see spinning top, doji, railway track, i will enter as well.

Anyway, as mentioned.... will highlight again... I only aim for 20 to 30pips a day. So far I been achieving it regularly.. I do not aim much.

Smile

Chankl78

Some examples which I would be trading...

http://i53.tinypic.com/al5i5h.jpg

I will entered that 1 trade.

But, I am sleeping at that time.. So I miss it.

Some trades maybe today or tonight depending if it reaches that 2 green boxes today.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2n07mdg.jpg

I am using EU for examples.

Smile

Chankl78

Edited by chankl78

http://i56.tinypic.com/vq1h8m.jpg

This morning, I enter this EU short.

Still in the trade, not SL yet... at 1 point, it went as high as -17pips...

Came down... And now, I am +2pips Protected...

This trade, i went in a bit early, cos i did not wait for the reversal pattern... It is a mistake of mine...

Smile

Chankl78

Thanks for all the information and posting charts, chankl78. I watched 24 minutes of the high probability low risk entries by Sam posted here in this thread. He mentions probability enhancers, and that there was a video that was going to take place. It was like part 2 of this series. Do you have that video? Do you know what he talks about when he says probability enhancers?

jbozman - the Probability Enhancers can be downloaded from the link below - courtesy of Hermanhess for the link. It's not a video but it outlines the desired price action location, structure and behaviours and the requisite scoring mechanism used in the XLT to achieve a valid trade setup.

http://www.multiupload.com/PZ45W3QDRJ 

jbozman - the Probability Enhancers can be downloaded from the link below - courtesy of Hermanhess for the link. It's not a video but it outlines the desired price action location, structure and behaviours and the requisite scoring mechanism used in the XLT to achieve a valid trade setup.

http://www.multiupload.com/PZ45W3QDRJ 

U r fast.. I am actually trying to find this link for him.. wahaha.. Thanks..

@jbozman

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/4622-(Req)-Online-Trading-Academy-Extended-Learning-Track-XLT?highlight=online+trading+academy

Please take a look at this link. Sed if u can download a video from there.

Think could be what u want.

Smile

Chankl78

Edited by chankl78

Following this thread with great interest. Thanks to all the sharers. Im testing the indi, and I noticed something. As u see in the pic (EU 1H) there was a demand level, which disappeared after it was touched. Does it mean the indi repaints? We all know Sam doesn't use it, but it would be handy if it works properly.

http://i52.tinypic.com/16iwpxz.jpg

At the moment I'm typing, the price has bounced a bit off that support :(

bullforever - The sas.elluminate.com webinar is a streamed recording presented through a java frontend. Unfortunately it's not as simple as moving a video file around.

thanks man for all the answers this webinar is from trading trading academy . com.

there, you will find many lessons from sam.

for example this one:

http://www.tradingacademy.com/lessons/20110315/featured_article.htm

Following this thread with great interest. Thanks to all the sharers. Im testing the indi, and I noticed something. As u see in the pic (EU 1H) there was a demand level, which disappeared after it was touched. Does it mean the indi repaints? We all know Sam doesn't use it, but it would be handy if it works properly.

At the moment I'm typing, the price has bounced a bit off that support :(

What is the settings are you using?

I am using forceTF = 60..

For timeframe lower that 60.. it will break very easily.. Which I do not like it. So please be careful of that.

Also i not viewing any weak area.

When it reaches the zone... u have to be careful.. cos it will either bounce up or continue to come down...

That's y only trade reversal candle or M or W in that area.

The indicator does not repaint.. Once the area is failed, it will disappear...

Smile

Chankl78

What is the settings are you using?

I am using forceTF = 60..

For timeframe lower that 60.. it will break very easily.. Which I do not like it. So please be careful of that.

Also i not viewing any weak area.

When it reaches the zone... u have to be careful.. cos it will either bounce up or continue to come down...

That's y only trade reversal candle or M or W in that area.

The indicator does not repaint.. Once the area is failed, it will disappear...

Smile

Chankl78

I'm using 60 too, not checking lower TF's anyway. After having observed the indi behavior for a while, I think it works ok as it deletes the previous levels which have been violated and keeps the ones which are still valid i.e. where the price hasn't arrived yet. So to use your own words "Once the area is failed, it will disappear." I think your idea has great merit and I also see you're using pivots to identify confluence. Thanks :)

Only, in that screenshot I took, I still don't understand why that level disappeared at that point, as it didn't fail and actually gave a good trade, at least 30 pips.

I'm using 60 too, not checking lower TF's anyway. After having observed the indi behavior for a while, I think it works ok as it deletes the previous levels which have been violated and keeps the ones which are still valid i.e. where the price hasn't arrived yet. So to use your own words "Once the area is failed, it will disappear." I think your idea has great merit and I also see you're using pivots to identify confluence. Thanks :)

Only, in that screenshot I took, I still don't understand why that level disappeared at that point, as it didn't fail and actually gave a good trade, at least 30 pips.

Oic.. wahhaa.. I have no idea as well... Sometimes it do happened...

But what I like is that it is accurate...

Make 60pips today.. wahaha...

Smile

Chankl78

Thanks to JimJamBonks and Chankl78Is:) You two are awesome!

I see the pink boxes below and the green boxes above in the chart examples.

Are we to assume that when a trade enters the pink box,

we go long and when it hits the green box we go short?

These are the supply/demand areas, I suppose.

Is the probability enhancer (tool) shown here, as well?

I'm sure there is more to it.

I downloaded the advanced video Chankl78...thanks for pointing me to that.

Does watching it explain what is going on in these chart examples?

As you can tell, I'm trying to gain the same pips...60...one day.

Sixty pips every day would be a dream come true!

Please explain a bit more if you can...or you can PM me, too.

So many many thanks!

hi the following from a guy called "60minuteman"

http://needynotshy.com/vbforum/archive/index.php/t-15.html

and for me it concludes sam

1.http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd481/ringobells/1.png

2.http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd481/ringobells/2.png

RULES:

These aren't really rules, but if finding the strong s&d areas is vital, we need some way of determining if it is strong or weak...

Thankfully that is easy too...

1. The areas have to be : rally-base-drop or drop-base-rally

youre looking for places where price turned..... its only minor s&d if price was moving up, went sideways, then continued up.... rally-base-rally is no good!

By all means note these areas, but theyre not what you are looking for... look at area 2 and 1 on the chart again.... rally-base-drop

2. how long did price stay at this area.... a short time is good! this shows there is a big imbalance between s&d

3. how did price leave this area... gap is excellent... but rare.. so we are looking for a strong move away.... area 1 and 2 on the chart again...

4. how far did it go.... this is your profitability

area 2 dropped about 350 pips... we look for at least 3/1 profit, so a sl at area 1 of 100 pips would of been ok...

5. you also want to have a decent amount of time between prices visit to an area, because obviously if price is constantly hanging around the area, then its not meeting rules 2, 3 and 4.

ENTRIES: for entries we need to draw in our s&d zones, the conventional teaching is to draw a single line, but thats just not realistic, price isnt going to turn right on the exact pip!

so we draw a zone... look at chart 2

ok here i have drawn in the top and bottom lines of my supply zone..

you are just trying to capture the range of prices where price turned...

its subjective, but practice.... i am

OK, SO WHEN DO WE PULL THE TRIGGER?

this is the bit im always trying to find on threads i read, so ive put it in big letters for you...:)

there are 2 approaches... conservative and gun ho! ... im a gun ho trader, unfortunately for me.... but its upto you!

conservative is to wait for price to come back to the area and show some signal that it has turned.... bollinger bands, fibs, whatever you like, if it makes you feel better, do it..

gun ho! you just wait for price to enter the area, or even set a limit order on your line....

STOP LOSS

for your sl you use the top line (or bottom when going long) of your s&d zone

TARGET

upto you, i tend to take profit as price moves towards minor s/r zones,

Trade enhancers:

Selecting supply and demand zones:

1.Pick rally, base, drop or drop, base, rally - this looks like a sharp peak on your charts, or a deep sharp V-shape

2. price dropped fast from the peak.

3. price dropped a long way.

4. price was at the peak for a short time only.

Entries:

1. this is the first return to the supply or demand zone.

2. price rallied strongly into the supply zone, or even better, gapped into the supply zone

3. price has been away from the supply zone for a long time

Other things to look for:

1. make sure that you have at least 1/3 risk/reward, ideally 1/4... count the pips of the drop from the supply zone last time and divide that by your stop loss, if the result is above 3 this is a good trade.

2. if entering from supply on the 1hr, check that the 4hr and daily are not in demand....

The hardest thing is entering long when you see price plummeting strongly short... it feels wrong at first, but you need to remember this,

The forex market is just a transfer of funds from 1 set of traders to another, this is how oney is made in forex, so we are looking to take the money from the novice trader... we can find these traders easily on our charts. Novice traders make 2 mistakes over and over again.... "they buy after a sustained period of buying and into areas of supply..." and vice versa... so when you see those strong rallies or drops into our areas of supply and demand, we know it will be easy to take this money.... institutional traders know this and trade this way too