Trading with no stoploss

This thread can appears a nonsense, but It is possible trading with no leverage 1:1 and at this case there is not a margin call. To do this strategy profitable is needed a expert advisor capable to open orders buy or shell non overlapping with non stoploss and frequents highly trades. If one order, for instance a buy, goes down the expert advisor must wait the price returning to close without loses, the expert advisor must be enough smart to this wait time be small. An expert as this and using microlots 1000$ == 0.01 would be stable an profitable to long time.

Guest David1713006337

There was this fool that made several EA's that did just that. Don Steinitz came up with many EA's that he stated would never lose. Needless to say that all his EA's were a joke and he is known as the EA Con Artist to this day. Do a search on the web with Don Steinitz and Con Artist and you will see many returns.

Oh, if you want to buy an EA from him, he gives no support unless you want to pay $150 an hour and during that hour, he will try to divert and waste 30 minutes of that time telling you about his health problems. He ripped off a good friend of mine that way.

Your obviously new to the forex... get a manually traded system or you will go broke.

StopLosses should always be used. Trading without SL can be done on demo-accounts, just for the purpose of learning. But it's not a good idea anyway, 'cause trading manually requires that you also learn the step-by-step method to adjust stoploss and takeprofit. TakeProfit on the other hand can be omitted if you monitor the trading.

EA's can use SL in two different ways. Against ECN-brokers, the OrderSend-command cannot contain a SL or TP value. This has to be adjusted right after with a OrderModify-command, ***OR*** that the EA keep tracks on their values, and internally closes the orders. The latter is called "stealth", and some EA's has this inbuilt function, which means that the broker doesn't know which SL and TP the orders have.

Trading without leverage is pointless for lower amount of money (les than let say one million). One lot EURUSD equals 100,000 USD, which means that a minilot of 0.1 equals 10,000 USD and a microlot of 0.01 equals USD 1,000. So if you have an account with let say USD 2,000 then trading one microlot means that you place 50% in trade at risk.

Finally, trading strategy and money management is two different things. To succeed in trading you must master them both.

I am not agree with PRO member, to blow account the pair must to go to 0.0 an it is not possible. This strategy is similar to buy or shell and hold. This expert advisor must be able to operate in the dinamic center of moviment to avoid a long time wait. I think is possible to use Andrews fork to follow the price oscillations. Edited by chkven7

I do not agree also! Despite I am just learning, I think (Trading with no stoploss) works for long term positions and if you use a mix of forex and commodities in your portfolio. The logic is simple: In the long run, if the USD gains value it means that all others (EUR,GBP,JPY,CHF,CAD, AUD etc and commodities) are losing value, some more some less. If all of those is gaining value it means USD is losing.

I agree with Pro.

chkven7, this is what you'll find to be impossible:

If one order, for instance a buy, goes down the expert advisor must wait the price returning to close without loses, the expert advisor must be enough smart to this wait time be small.

You have to have some form of stop loss for trades which are caught on the wrong side of the trend where that price will not be seen again for a very long time.

Let's say at the start of May 2002 you traded EURUSD and were buying and selling trades nicely at each side of your Andrew's pitchfork median line or whatever, some of those Sell trades would have been stuck in the 0.8990 - 0.9005 range - how do they get closed ? Price never went back to that level and as EURUSD is now around the 1.4200, it will be a good few years before it goes back and still may never get there.

When you say "the expert advisor must be enough smart to this wait time be small" what you're actually saying is that a stop loss must be applied, otherwise as I've just shown, the wait time by default can be very large indeed.

Hello soundfx,

The expert can be able TO CLOSE a order based on time rules. The market have an huge histeresis to return , you can analyze on week time basis and to take a decision if price not comes back however you are not tied to margin call so your strategy is more efective. I have simulated expert advisors removing stop loss and 1000$ initial deposit and the account dont blow during years of simulation however there are other experts where occurs opposite.

Edited by chkven7

Trading without SL means that time and margin calls will both be critical.

You will generally have to have a large account as a cushion, and you will have to watch the screen like a hawk.

You have to be lucky. Martingale never works.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

Yeah... Trading without S/L is very dangerous...:)

I have a friend who trades Forex for more than 7 years and he didn't put S/L for his trades. He practices quite a good MM and he is almost 70% gap trader. Just recently, he experienced a very serious DD that he never encountered before that turned his USD15000 account to less than USD400 within a week... :( Can't imagine the psychological effect that he is having now...