Help Please-historical data not working

newbie0101

Everyone is going to have to move to Ninatrader 7 (which is much better in my view). Ninjascript for NT7 is updated and so most (all) indicators will require at least tweaking and at worst complete re-writes. NT6.5 was planned to have a longer overlap time with NT7 but several developments including CME exchange demands have forced NT and many NT brokers (including Zen-Fire) to move the pace forward a bit. Of course NT have no qualms about upsetting people who are using cracked versions of their software and 3rd-party indicators. ;)

curious as to everyones setup

Hi traders, it seems that this NT forum has alot of followers, would some of you share what setups you are using with the ckd NT. Have any of you found a workaround with the recent changes? See Marat and JimJamBonks posts. Do most of you only watch forex? Looking for some feedback be it good or bad. I am surprised not more talking about this. Are you using ckd indis in NT7 and if so could you please post or direct to How-To's get to work in NT7. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Edited by newbie0101

Hi everyone, geez so over a 100 views and only two are kind enough to respond

I mean somebody must be using NT6.5 with success still. What is your secret-share?

I for one am not responding as NT7 is now free (with a more featured version @ $60/month). Assuming one has a reason to use NT7 for trading, that would imply a trading account, thus the data and NT remains free.

NT used to be able to import Metastock data, which in theory can be written by indicators built for MT4, but even though they claim NT7 can import MS, I can't for the life of me find how that is.

Also, Kinetick offers free EOD data for NT - I would assume that includes 5M/1M type data, just not sure what exchanges are free. Other avenues for data would appear to be an account with IB or MBT - I think they require a minimum $500 deposit, and it might be possible to keep them open indefinitely, after having withdrawn a majority of those funds.

Edited by osijek1289

Also, Kinetick offers free EOD data for NT - I would assume that includes 5M/1M type data, just not sure what exchanges are free. Other avenues for data would appear to be an account with IB or MBT - I think they require a minimum $500 deposit, and it might be possible to keep them open indefinitely, after having withdrawn a majority of those funds.

I just tested the Kinetick free feed, and it unfortunately only gives daily bar data - asking for 60 minute or lesser timeframe data gives a blank chart. So yes, NT7 is free to download and use with this, but likely not of tremendous value to most traders, although it is great to get a feel for a new NT user; (daily) volume data is there for stock, futures, indexes and likely all symbols. (surprisingly, even volume data for currency pairs is there. although I don't know who the liquidity provider is on that tick data.)

Hi osijek1289, Thanks for all the info. Checking it all out. Looking like have to use NT7 to submit orders and 6.5 to utilize any of the indicators found on this great site. That is if you trade CME futures after June 3rd no orders accepted thru 6.5 ninjatrader.com/Advisory/Advisory1.php

• 1 month later...

Hi there all,

Well i have been using 6.5.18 and still can get connected and up till yesterday i can still trade through it.

I asked mirus and they said that yes the 6.5 can be used for charting, and that to submit orders i need to have a nt 7 on a second pc. Which i already have on a ****y old one

just for the nt7 and order placement. i didnt know that nt7 is free for charting if i have an account, i will need to check that with Mirus on monday.

But now the question is how do we import data in 6.5 and from where ?

Anyone knows how to do that ?

Sincerely,

Trader 1968

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just for information :

I joined Dtn Iqfeed and got the cme waivers for the fees so now i am up and runnung 6.5 with historical quality data and everything.

So there is life after June for us after all ... :))

Just so that you know...

6.5 rules!!!! and IS NOT DEAD....hehe

take care all