Search tips anyone?

Hello everyone,

This is an amazing and wonderful site - it's good to see the sharing/teaching/and unity here. I have learned much and benefited greatly.

I have two queries...........

1 - are there other sites like this that I could look at (perhaps to find some of the blacklisted materials) that share and help each other as we do here? This will always be my home; just want to know what else is out there.

2 - are there any search tips/tricks I could use on my own to hunt down things that may be of interest to the forum? I sure there are ways of typing in search criteria that are more advanced then the generic stuff I would do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - good pipping to all !!

Pipmagnet

Hi pipmagnet,

On your point 1, there are other sharing sites around, though I believe that that forum rules here are that we shouldn't "advertise" other forums which are competitors. I just use Google and use search terms which include "forum" or "share" or "fileshare" etc. Sometimes where sellers haven't thought too much about web site security it's possible to find download links by simply typing something like "site:www.aceforexsystem.com" into Google which will show all pages which have been trawled by Google for that site. Other classics are when sellers use the default clickbank "thankyou" page - here typing in www.aceforexsystem.com/thankyou.html (http://www.aceforexsystem.com/thankyou.html) can sometimes lead you to a download page.

Searching here is tricky and recently I've noticed that several threads seem to have lost their way in a sense and that search is no longer reliable either. Depending on where you view threads from, you get different results. This could be something connected with my browser settings, though I don't think so as it's only happened recently and I've cleared my cache, refreshed pages etc. several times over.

I know that a lot of folks are typing in sites replacing com with c0m and sometimes forex with f0r3x etc. which makes searching for particular products sometimes like searching for a needle in a haystack. I thought that if we always used the " [ code ] " and " [ / code ] " tags that we didn't need to worry about masking urls as they'd be already masked by using the the code tags. However, recently code tags have not been working for a while (they seem to be ok now) which may explain more links being posted with different characters.

Sometimes searching for the author name can help or for something which you know to be part of the system, as a lot of names contain "forex" or "pip" etc. and you'll find that the search facility says that these words are too common.

• 2 weeks later...