Feedback

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a system I created and wanted some feedback on how it can be improved. I only use it on the Daily USDJPY chart. I haven't gotten around to optimizing it for other pairs/time frames. The signals are very clear and reliable but I'll let you be the judge of that. Template included in zip file.

h**p://www.megaupload.c0m/?d=K0SFT6L9

I only use the gann_SQ9 indicator for its vertical line for the system . The purpose is to use it together with the X3 semafor to truly determine overbought and oversold levels Once the vertical line overlaps on the red or green semafor , you know its truly overbought or oversold. Then it almost certain the market is ready for a reversal.

Once this occurs and you get the Signal 2.2 you can enter the market if the conditions on the dashboard confirm it. It can also be used as an exit. This is really the only place that requires some discretion. The Gann Arrow is the safest place to enter. The objective of the system is to ride it from red to green semafor and back again.

I would love to post a pic but I'm not sure how or if I have permission. But to answer your question, I get ready to enter the market once the orange Gann line intersects with the green or red semafor, then I wait for the Signal 2.2 arrow to appear. I'll use it as an entry if the BB squeeze confirms it. This is the more aggressive entry. If the BB squeeze does not confirm the arrow , I will use the arrow as an exit for any open trades and then enter with the Gann Arrow instead. This is the safest entry.

The other indicators in the dashboard with the BB squeeze should all confirm the new trend direction at this point. Just think Forex Day Monster that's a lot easier on the eyes. I do use the 3 level zz multimeter to confirm the trend bias on the 4hr, weekly and monthly time frames. I also added the two DIBS indicators as a bonus for those who may use that strategy. One of my favorite TRO indicators. Hopefully that answered some of your questions.

Semafors do not repaint. This is a common misconception. It is a breakout indicator. You may be calling this repainting because you are trading in the wrong direction. It becomes a reversal indicator once the market is truly overbought or oversold. Other indicators will help you confirm when the breakout has ended. The arrow/vertical line will NOT repaint if the indicators in the dashboard/chart confirm the new trend direction, especially on the daily chart. Repainting cannot take place if everything is agreeing.

Hi Fx19! Thanks for the explanation and sharing! :-)

If u have time to upload a pic, u could try http://imageshack.us/

Also, what I mean by repainting is that the semafor continues to move upward/downward until it reaches the highest high/lowest low, maybe repainting is not the right word...I've also noticed the arrow will disappear sometimes. So, I guess we'll need to wait until all indy's match as you've stated.

With your system, I would like to trade either the 1h or 4h TF so, I've tested it out on the 1H with 2 successful trades so far. :-)