Indo Run memories

Hi to all,

Does anyone still using indo run ?

since 3 months I'm using it and except for some big trending market movements that put me in apprehension (max 10% DD), overall is goin' good.

I use several eas on my account and till now half of my profit on every month came only from indorun.

I'm running it at 1%risk, news filter, momentum and envelopes filter on (this one switched on recently), dynamic profit on.

Although this good profit as for any grid strategy I know that my account is at risk,

and for this unfortunately I'm thinking of remove indo run from my portfolio.

I make several bt at 99% with different settings starting from 2007 till now (as you know bt very slow), and i couldn't find any settings that in 5 years bt does not blown the account.

I know that that the best thing with grid would be withdraw every month from the account and restart but then account growth is limited and so profit in percent too....

What do you think ? is it better to remove it ?

Does anyone else still using it ???

thanks.

Thanks for your report. Despite the bad reputation of grids I intend to do just as you explained: Take the money off the table regularly. I don`t consider the limitation of growth a problem -- if I don`t limit the groth by taking money off, my psyche will find other ways to restrict the growth. Unfortunately.

Regards

indo37

Hi acosma, there are probably a lot of people using indorun. And I also believe it is only you who can decide if you're willing to take the risk that comes with it. You also know that if you stay alert and away from the market during news you reduce the risk significantly. I'm curious, what profit%/DD ratio do you have?

I used money managment= true risk at 1% with momentum and news on on the first chart, then I used another chart with different magic and ma filter on and news on at 2% risk for three months all together, but ffcal call with allowwebupdates=true only on the first one ( I moded the ffcal call with allowwebupdates parameter and only the first chart could write xml news while the other chart only read the xml to avoid conflict on writing xml files news allowwebupdates=false). all good for three months I only had two situations when my equity went to about 10% negative floating loss... but then I swithed off trading of the ea and I closed in profits after retracement. every month about 20% of profit but 10%-15% came only from indo run!! indorun setting is conservative with some other changes like profitallorders=6, dynamicprofit=true and nothing more except for the filter as I told you before.now I'm using only one chart with indorun.

Anyway I couldn't find any settings yet that it does not blow the account making a backtest from 2007 till now... still backtesting and trying ... if I will not find a backtest that does not blow the account from 2007 I think that I will remove it from my portfolio with great regret ... :-( I think it's very hard to find it.. maybe at 0.5 risk%

Edited by acosma

• 4 weeks later...

Indo Run revisited

Hi everyone

For those that are interested I've basically optimised a lot of the original Indo Run 1.5 EA and removed a lot of the code and filters I was not using. I optimised a couple of functions and added a few of my own. The only issue is the drawdown is quite high.

I've been testing live over the last 3 months and averaged approx 20% return per month.

If you interested in this version the basic version can be downloaded from here:

http://gridmeupfx.is-leet.com

I haven't given to anyone for testing so if you find some bugs let me know :-)

there has been happyforex and a number of others who have just ripped it off and tried to onsell it. so i dare say there are quite a few using it - even if they don't realise it.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I'm also modifying it and trying my version ... basically I remove all filters and added a trend strength filter from tsd indicator ... tf5m, small fixed profit of 5pips, priceoffset -12, so small fast trades closed soon on small retracement, risk3% exit filter on strong trend ... never blow the account because I also add a maxloss DD of 20%, only news filter on highimpact ... still backtesting .... maybe HOLY GRAIL ??? :-)

soon my backtest result .....

Edited by acosma

I'm also modifying it and trying my version ... basically I remove all filters and added a trend strength filter from tsd indicator ... tf5m, small fixed profit of 5pips, priceoffset -12, so small fast trades closed soon on small retracement, risk3% exit filter on strong trend ... never blow the account because I also add a maxloss DD of 20%, only news filter on highimpact ... still backtesting .... maybe HOLY GRAIL ??? :-)

soon my backtest result .....

Wow Acosma. U're a programmer? Let me be the one testing u'r EA =)

Hi everyone

For those that are interested I've basically optimised a lot of the original Indo Run 1.5 EA and removed a lot of the code and filters I was not using. I optimised a couple of functions and added a few of my own. The only issue is the drawdown is quite high.

I've been testing live over the last 3 months and averaged approx 20% return per month.

If you interested in this version the basic version can be downloaded from here:

http://gridmeupfx.is-leet.com

I haven't given to anyone for testing so if you find some bugs let me know :-)

wow, dd of 70%! What is the account balance and lot size you are using?

The DD % is across my entire live trading account. It is not all high from GridMeUpFX but from other EA's I have used in the past over the last 3 years. My account balance is approx $1,000 with .01 lot sizes. With the testing on the live account over the last 3 months the max drawdown would have been around 15% At 20% is roughly where I have my Loss Stop Out.