Please, tell me more about the Forex advisers...

Hi! I’m new to Forex trading and wanted to know more about advisors, cause’ there was an idea to buy one. I’ve heard that there is no reason to get into the market with small capital and it is better to buy either expensive advisor with that entire update staff or program it if you have knowledge. I’ve searched through the internet information on trading advisors and got the picture that there is a huge number of that kind of things, however I’ve faced that major part of them will make me loose. So I just decided to look for advice from people that know how exactly to find the right robot.

Do not buy any ea`s for whatever reason

Learn to trade manually

trade 1 currency get the feel of price action before indicators

Find 1 system that you feel that suits you

learn it well put your own personal touch on it

once you are familiar with the market - platform - system , etc

and remember no ea`s ...... ea`s never last they will make some and lose more

here is a system on price action .... there are many PA systems eg; 123 patterns same as abc patterns

http://www.multiupload.com/2EI0DNPYTR

… about what we are exactly talking? What is the price limit for expert advisor you’re looking for? And yes, you’re right as there are a lot of different programs that don’t work, so it won’t be much that you can get from them, except of cheating. You need to concentrate your attention on real graphs, demo accounts and etc. I’ve never tried to use any trading advisors, but truly believe that it is possible.

Hey! I’m so green at this and just trying to read and watch from the corner…. Friends told me not to work with advisor, but I’ve hear about good ones, but the price is kind of high for me. But there are updates +customer support, so I guess that it might worth it. Don’t want to see my money going deep to nowhere.

Hi! I’m new to Forex trading and wanted to know more about advisors, cause’ there was an idea to buy one. I’ve heard that there is no reason to get into the market with small capital and it is better to buy either expensive advisor with that entire update staff or program it if you have knowledge. I’ve searched through the internet information on trading advisors and got the picture that there is a huge number of that kind of things, however I’ve faced that major part of them will make me loose. So I just decided to look for advice from people that know how exactly to find the right robot.

The question you should ask the forum Tomas is "has ANYONE, I repeat ANYONE ever made consistent profits with an EA?"

It is hard enough to make money from Forex without turning your account over to an Expert Adviser. "bluerider" has given you an honest response, whether you heed it or not is up to you. There are two ways to learn, the easy way or the hard way... some of us, in fact most of us need to learn the hard way... once bitten, twice shy!

Good luck

Rgds

RM

Do not buy any ea`s for whatever reason

Learn to trade manually

trade 1 currency get the feel of price action before indicators

Find 1 system that you feel that suits you

learn it well put your own personal touch on it

once you are familiar with the market - platform - system , etc

and remember no ea`s ...... ea`s never last they will make some and lose more

here is a system on price action .... there are many PA systems eg; 123 patterns same as abc patterns

http://www.multiupload.com/2EI0DNPYTR

Bluerider Thanks! It is very interesting to esteem.... Has learned a lot of the new. Unfortunately, I haven't enough free time to trade manually... Business takes away a lot of time and seldom it is possible to be on one place, and the wife for me too not begins to do it... But I have acquaintances who assert that by means of ЕА it it is possible to earn not bad! Only they refuse to tell name ЕА... As though there are companies which support the product and it really works... I also search for such variant.

The question you should ask the forum Tomas is "has ANYONE, I repeat ANYONE ever made consistent profits with an EA?"

It is hard enough to make money from Forex without turning your account over to an Expert Adviser. "bluerider" has given you an honest response, whether you heed it or not is up to you. There are two ways to learn, the easy way or the hard way... some of us, in fact most of us need to learn the hard way... once bitten, twice shy!

Good luck

Rgds

RM

Anyway I have learned the new information and I will be careful in a choice! Thanks! I think to find the good adviser it is possible....

… about what we are exactly talking? What is the price limit for expert advisor you’re looking for? And yes, you’re right as there are a lot of different programs that don’t work, so it won’t be much that you can get from them, except of cheating. You need to concentrate your attention on real graphs, demo accounts and etc. I’ve never tried to use any trading advisors, but truly believe that it is possible.

I’m ready to spend to EA up to 1500 $, but it should really impress me and money guarantee is a must. Speaking about updates, I believe it should be available as market changes all the time…. So those are the main criteria for search….. Can you advise something?

Guest David1713006337

As a full time forex trader, I can tell you that as to date there never has been an EA that has been commercially developed that has made consistent profits in all market conditions. Yes, there are people that are looking for the holy grail EA but they will not find it. If a programmer ever developed such an EA, he/she would use it for their own trades and not sell it...think about it, would you?.

I know many very successful forex traders with nice size accounts and none of them trade EA's. Too many factors can go wrong and I know of no trader that is willing to allow a program to automatically trade their accounts in their absence.

Learn to manually trade and have full control of your trades.

I bought EA forex-e-trading last autumn. Firstly, I’ve decided to put it on demo account just to test it for 3 months.

Through that time a lot has been going on the market and sometimes I couldn’t believe that it’s gonna be alright. However, after some time adviser get on very well and started confidently take profit.

As a result – 95 % profit in 3 months. I can’t tell that this adviser is “OMG, the best ever developed” as it is written in some comments and feedbacks, but at least it is stable and I can trust this one.

Afterwards, I’ve decided to put it on real account.

Put it on 2 accounts and opened them simultaneously. On both accounts adviser is doing pretty good job as it is building good order “portfolio” with stable profit increase. But, not forgetting that slow and steady wins - race. I believe it is not bad for two month trade. I completely trust him, because on the long distance the profit is increasing not taking into consideration small milestones while reaching main goal.

Summing up, based on the testing, I’ve decided to leave positive feedback. The costs are justified and I’m planning to gain more from this adviser and increase profit continuously.

As a full time forex trader, I can tell you that as to date there never has been an EA that has been commercially developed that has made consistent profits in all market conditions. Yes, there are people that are looking for the holy grail EA but they will not find it. If a programmer ever developed such an EA, he/she would use it for their own trades and not sell it...think about it, would you?.

I know many very successful forex traders with nice size accounts and none of them trade EA's. Too many factors can go wrong and I know of no trader that is willing to allow a program to automatically trade their accounts in their absence.

Yes, but you didn't reflect never, what probably someone sells a good product with its subsequent support? The same programmers, I don't search for the single robot for 3 dollars, I search the good, qualitative adviser who will be renewed by these programmers. That is I search guarantees of working capacity of this program and I heard that it not a miracle...

Edited by Tomas

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, when you find a profitable one, post it here.

We'll all hold our breath.

In the meantime I have some beautiful real estate in Outer Fukovayuh, PM me for details.

bluerider

And I consider that you are too categorical... If it didn't work, they wouldn't be in the market...

Edited by conglo

You are EXACTLY the kind of sucker the EA vendors drool over.

I’m ready to spend to EA up to 1500 $, but it should really impress me and money guarantee is a must. Speaking about updates, I believe it should be available as market changes all the time…. So those are the main criteria for search….. Can you advise something?

Google "Forex Strategy Builder" and download it, it's FREE.

Make up your own strategy. It will even build one from scratch for you.

If you like it you can use Forex Strategy Trader (FREE) to automatically run the strategy on Metatrader. Just like an EA.

There, I just saved you a lot of money.

There is somewhat of a middle ground.

I have simple 100% mechanical strategies but am not able to trade 24 hours a day let alone 8 hours a day, let alone even the London session.

So I trade them through robots that I made or had coded.

Since I know exactly how the EAs operate I can do other things and babysit the computers/EAs when I have time.

Best of both worlds.

You do need redundancy in terms of power failures, etc., but there are acceptable workarounds.

I do not use a VPS, I've had more trouble with them than with my own equipment.

Edited by conglo

Welcome Tomas, I hear what you are saying but believe me the replies you are getting above to your question are genuine and heartfelt. EA's can make a little then they will lose a lot before you realise. It has happened so many times for me that I am scathing of any EA sold on these unsolicited emails I get every day. If you want to stick with EA's there are forums like TSD where members offer their efforts for no cost and several are better than most of the $97 variety. And you get to see the trading rationale so you can predict when a trade set up is forming.

I suggest you trade only on Demo account for at least 3 months and when you think you have learned enough start on a micro account only with leverage not greater than 1:100. Micro accounts are great. Work up to Classic and Pro accounts when you've built your trading capital up several-fold - but you will then see Micro accounts are best after all.

Last tip - read many posts and recommended e-books until it is all familiar to you. There are many surprises ahead and the _only_ way to succeed at Forex is to become informed and proficient. I have lost a lot more than I have made but only now am I clawing back towards break-even. And I am only now positive and optimistic now I have found such good forum as here.

I'll give you a profitable, simple and easy manual method. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes a day.

I do trade this myself.

If you don't understand some of the terms, look them up, consider it homework.

Eurodollar ("EURUSD", "E/U", "EU", etc.)

Daily bars ("D1")

Find the nearest upper and lower fractals.

Set a buystop/sellstop at each respective fractal.

When one of them is triggered close the trade at the end of the day ("EOD"- this is the end of your brokers day as per his clock).

You might hit both stops; depending on your broker you will either have one or two trades open (hedged).

Just close them both out, profit or loss, just close them.

So, once a day you will take a look at your chart and either: 1) do nothing 2) close the trade 3) move your stops.

Your winners will outdo your losers, but this is a long term method.

If you want action, this ain't it, but if you want action more than profit you have a little demon to deal with (and I know it's there right now, whispering naughty things to you).

If you get stuck on the method above, do your best to figure it out for yourself before posting questions to the forum.

1. You'll learn faster

2. If you ask questions that have already been answered people will know it and you will p1ss them off.

If you want more to do then add other pairs for fun but stick to daily bars. But just one pair at first to get the hang of it.

If you can stick with this simple daily routine for a couple of months you'll be ahead of a lot of us and maybe beat at least one little demon.

If this just doesn't push your buttons, go back to post #21.

Edited by conglo