VT Trader Gann/MA EA- with a reported 87% win rate- can anybody convert it ?

http://forum.vtsystems.com/index.php?showtopic=11784&st=0

EA is in post 10, the reported winrate is in post 14.

Wondering what kind of settings it has for the gann hilo indicator. I just can't see it winning 87% of the time from MA crossing the gann until the next cross, but I'd sure like to see it done.

Edited by SpacyTrader

87% winning ratio for 1 week lol - this means nothing, it could have just been a lucky week - most EA's will have a few good weeks here and there.

Also how big are the losers? If losers are big compared to the winners then all it takes is a string of losers to do some serious damage.

Also the guy reporting that percentage said he was going to run it on his live account and report back - nothing posted.

Rather than convert the VT code it's probably easier to just to take the rules from the thread and create a new EA. All the signs are that it's not worth bothering with - if it was any good, the thread would be huge with enthusiastic testers, reports of profits from forward testing and folks suggesting various improvements etc.

Still it got me interested cause the EA was made at the request of the guy reporting 87% wins and he said he traded this manually before the EA was made.

And I agree- I'd like the settings he used too- but he mentions stuff like MA 2 and Gann 3- no clue what that means. Maybe it has some significance in VT Trader ?

Ok - It's worth a try I guess :)

I've created a text file of the original code for reference (though I don't think we need it), I've also put the most recent rules in a word doc and included the Gann HiLo Activator indicator code for anyone who wants to create an EA:

http://www.multiupload.com/EQFFDF6SCJ

MA 2 is a Simple Moving Average with period 2 taken from the close price

Gann 3 is the Gann HiLo Activator with lookback setting of 3

Looking at the indicators on a 15m chart (I didn't see that a timeframe was mentioned in the thread), they could work ok.

I suspect that the problem may be the same as we get with MA cross EAs in that they work great in trending markets and get chopped to bits in ranging markets. It will be interesting to see if Gann 3 works better than another MA though...