(REQ) S*M*A*R*TT*R*A*D*E*R most accurate trading system. Will you be SMART or DUMB $?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a manual on how to trade this, pick up Master The Markets by Tom Williams. It's the only manual you'll ever need with or without this indicator set.

This indicator set is built solely to supplement and ease the analysis of any VSA Traders (like myself).

Anyone looking for a get-rich-quick system, this isn't for you.

That aside, VSA has generated a great deal of profit for me but I have a working knowledge of the style which is only complimented by this indicator set.

But for my question, is the volume indicator not showing up for you guys? Because it isn't for me.

EDIT: Never mind. It only works on the Minimal Template but even then it's just BetterVolume 1.4 xD

Which I promptly replaced with a volume indicator that isn't garbage :]

Edited by vx13

vx13, you said that VSA has generated a great deal of profit for you but how do you decide what stop loss and take profit to use when trading using VSA? So far I have not come across any explanation of this so I'll really appreciate any advice you can share on this. Is it that VSA shows only the general background of the market, then we will need another methodology/indicators to know the best buy/sell price to enter the trade and the best stop loss and take profit to use for the optimal reward to risk ratio?

vx13, you said that VSA has generated a great deal of profit for you but how do you decide what stop loss and take profit to use when trading using VSA? So far I have not come across any explanation of this so I'll really appreciate any advice you can share on this. Is it that VSA shows only the general background of the market, then we will need another methodology/indicators to know the best buy/sell price to enter the trade and the best stop loss and take profit to use for the optimal reward to risk ratio?

Replied to your PM.

Edited by vx13

Can you recommend, indeed, share a good volume indicator for MT4, please?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=3775720#post3775720

The volume indicator in that post is what I use. But honestly, I just like it for the pretty colors.

The volume indi that comes with MT4 works just as well.

So download that if you like pretty colors. Otherwise, no one volume indi is better than another. However, certain volume-indi traders are better than others. Big difference :]

It all boils down to the individual and their skill. Not their indi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

Has anybody come up with logical or mechanical way of applying the VSA information, that works well? I like the whole no indicator concept a lot.

Thanks

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Smart Volume Analysis 2.0 Officially Released!

As many of you know we have released Smart Volume Analysis 2.0 Unofficially Last Night (Message on your chart) - You may have noticed one major change... We changed the name of our product. We did this because we wanted to distance ourselves somewhat from standard VSA. It doesn't really work without massive tweaks and our proprietary concepts and many clients think the association is hurting us and we agree. Smart Volume Analysis is way beyond the scope of the standard and less reliable Volume Spread Analysis so a name change was warranted.

The version number was also a big jump. We changed to 2.0 (rather than 1.0.6) This is a huge update and reflects better where we are now in the development cycle.

SMART Volume Analysis v2.0 Release Notes:

Noteworthy Changes Since Last Update:

Changed Product Name From SMART Trader to SMART Volume Analysis

Optimized Upthrust and Reverse Upthrust Modules (Pseudo Versions As Well)

Optimized Absorption Volume Module

Optimized Range Background Scanner

Fixed Bug Within The SOW Module (Obsoleted As Well By The New Pattern Validation Module (Smart Visual Background Scanner)

Added Proprietary No Buying Interest Module And Custom Alert

Changed all indicators to default sounds off within the included templates

Optimized Global Settings

Fixed Issue With Gaps And Some Modules

Optimized And Added Additional Signal Condition To Banger Module

Added VBS to MTF Background GUI/MTF BG Scanner Modules.

Optimized Climactic Bar Conditions For EOM and Pattern Validation Module

Fixed Background Scanners Issue Related To Climactic Weak/Strong Bars.

Added Our Proprietary EOM (Expectation Of Movement) Concept Module

Optimized Conditional Settings For Smart Buying and Smart Selling Modules.

New Modules:

Unconfirmed No buying Interest Module

No Buying Interest Module (Confirming Signal)

Proprietary Smart Visual Background Scanner/Visual Background (VBS/VB)

Two Finger Salute (Advanced Module)

Fosters Flop (Advanced Module)

Proprietary Smart Zones Module

Proprietary EOM Concept Module

New files:

SMART Framework Module EOM

SMART Advanced Signal Module Fosters Flop

SMART Advanced Signal Module Two Finger Salute

SMART Signal Module Climactic Bar Strong

SMART Signal Module Climactic Bar Weak

SMART Signal Module No Buying Interest

SMART Signal Module UC No Buying Interest