Technical problem MT4

peldoman

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen or heard of this. I don't see how switching the timeframe of a (or any) chart is tied to the static Account History window within MT4 - I assume that is where you are refering to when you check profit (and swap), as opposed to an indicator flashing it up within the chart window.

You should contact your broker if your problem is in the Account History window.

What kind of indicator or Ea are you using? Because different TF has different SL calculation. That's why giving you different SL.

Bigger TF has bigger SL. It's not a problem.

With any indicator i have this problem, today i was trading had a loss of $14.00 and when i switch to another pair

i had a loss of $1.00 .

I made a clean re-instal; but after i re-open MT4 i had the same old indicators on MT4.

So maybe there is the problem ???

I have no idea, ask my brokers, because the problem i have is with both brokers i use.

With any indicator i have this problem, today i was trading had a loss of $14.00 and when i switch to another pair

i had a loss of $1.00 .

I made a clean re-instal; but after i re-open MT4 i had the same old indicators on MT4.

So maybe there is the problem ???

I have no idea, ask my brokers, because the problem i have is with both brokers i use.

You are not being very clear with your problem descriptions.

I asked where you are seeing a loss discrepancy - in your chart window, or at the bottom of your MT4 screen, in the account history section?

I do not believe you are seeing it in the account history tab of MT4 - that is where losses and profits are recorded, and while some brokers make minor modifications there due to exchange rates and APIs used by their main trading platform & the interface into MT4 - those P&L amounts should not change.

You have said you uninstalled and then reinstalled MT4 and the same indicators are there: this is because this is exactly how windows uninstall & install works: when you uninstall a program, it just removes the exact files that it installed - this means, if you added indicators and files afterwards to the \experts and \indicators directories, those did not get uninstalled nor removed. You then presumably installed your broker's MT4 into the same directory, meaning the directories with your previous indicators were already there.

It leads me to believe you are talking about P&L within your chart window, which is somehow being reported by your indicator or EA.

If you do want some help, please gives some of the details of the indicator and exactly where and how you are seeing the P&L change. Remember, your TERMINAL window in MT4 (toggle it on and off via CTRL-T) and the Account History tab is what defines your total account status, and individual trade's P&L.

Sorry Osijek1289, English is not my native language so sometimes i go wrong.

I used indi Slope Direction and sma , nothing more.

I mean the profit/loss right under in the screen when you open a trade, the one what changes while your trading.

So i open an trade, goes into my direction (long) now i see i made already $8.00 profit , i,am switching to another pair

to see if a trade is comming up, then switch back to the one i,am trading ,still $8.00 but the chart price went higher ,so i close

the trade and i see i did not have a $8.00 profit but $15.00 profit!! So the problem is that the real price is not changings with the chart.

About uninstalled MT4 completely, i have to remove first all the indi,s in my file directory (program files) and then make a new instal:?

3 months ago i use the Renko Bars for testing, i removed everything, stil i get this red line on my chart when i make a new installed mt4.

Thank you in advance, Henny

Sorry Osijek1289, English is not my native language so sometimes i go wrong.

I used indi Slope Direction and sma , nothing more.

I mean the profit/loss right under in the screen when you open a trade, the one what changes while your trading.

So i open an trade, goes into my direction (long) now i see i made already $8.00 profit , i,am switching to another pair

to see if a trade is comming up, then switch back to the one i,am trading ,still $8.00 but the chart price went higher ,so i close

the trade and i see i did not have a $8.00 profit but $15.00 profit!! So the problem is that the real price is not changings with the chart.

About uninstalled MT4 completely, i have to remove first all the indi,s in my file directory (program files) and then make a new instal:?

3 months ago i use the Renko Bars for testing, i removed everything, stil i get this red line on my chart when i make a new installed mt4.

Thank you in advance, Henny

Hi Henny, I would love to help you and yes we do have a language barrier, but there is also a comprehension barrier.

It does not sound like you have any technical issue with your MT4 installation that could be affecting the profit and loss.

For example, if you bring up EURUSD in a 5 minute chart, open a trade by right-clicking on the chart, and if you then monitor that trade (as the only trade) in your terminal window (at the bottom), the price in that window for your EURUSD trade you took has to correspond with the price movement of the EURUSD chart. If you change to another chart or open a new chart, there should be no impact to your existing EURUSD trade.

When you close the EURUSD trade, your profit or loss will be locked in and should not change. Some brokers have slight adjustments that may be made at the end of their business day, but it is usually pennies.

On the install/reinstall question, if you choose to reinstall MT4, during the installation you can specify that it be installed in to a brand new directory by changing the installation path. If you install into the default path (and you are probably running Vista), many of your settings and files are retained.

Of course, when you install into a brand new directory, you will have to setup MT4 with your actual account and password.

Honestly, these are the most basic of concepts with MT4 and Windows. I see you have been chasing similar questions in other forums months ago. Until you can figure out these basics, I don't think forex trading is for you.

I don't think forex trading is for you. (LOL) Maybe your right!! only i,am trading already 33 years for living ,last 3 years Forex and i,am still alive not hungry. Must make my target $110.00 every day and till now no problems to do that.(LOL)

With my older computers never hat a problem, but now i have a new computer using windows 7 and it looks like he,s putting programs in a sort of cache??

Making a copy of every program you installed, thats what i,am thinking.

About the prices what are not changing , i have no idea , but maybe it,s better to ask someone in my own language because i think i cannot make

it clear/explanation in Englisch language .

Neverthenles Thank you for your help. regards, Henny

Hi Henny,

I've never seen anything like running profits not being updated correctly before and I've been running MT4 with various brokers for years. If you're getting ticks to update your chart then the same ticks should be updating your running profit at exactly the same time.

It's possible that MT4 is trying to access a resource in Windows 7 (because of incorrect settings somewhere) to update your profits and that may be causing a problem.

To eliminate problems with your Windows 7 setup - try installing a demo account from Alpari UK (I've used these for the longest and have never seen the problem you describe). Then place some trades and change charts as you would do in live and see if you get the same problems with profit not updating correctly.

If you see the same problems in demo (from what I assume is a different broker to your current ones), then the problem must reside somewhere in the Windows 7 setup. One way around this is to download the software from Microsoft which allows you to run in XP mode under Windows 7:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

If demo works fine, then I think we can eliminate any issues with access to operating system resources (real/virtual memory, environment variables etc.) causing the problem.

MT4 developers regularly frequent the forum

http://forum.mql4.com/

and it's worth asking your question there - ideally if you can show screenshots e.g.

Screenshot 1: Open trade at profit $x and chart price at y with windows time shown clearly

Screenshot 2: Open trade at profit $x and chart price at y+some pips again with windows time shown clearly.

Then this will prove that the profit isn't updating correctly and should ensure that your post attracts more attention.

If you don't get a response from the MT4 forum then send the same screenshots to both your brokers and see if they can get the MT4 guys to investigate further.