• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now do testing in masterforex.org broker ...

you can see from this URL my forward test

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/kami190/fast-ea/88444

Your results don't match the guy's with the smooth equity curve. I wonder if its just the broker thats the issue or he changed something. I'ts true that with these asian scalpers I've seen trades can differ from broker to broker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone trading MAC10 ? Can someone explain what is the basic strategy this is? It has many settings, but mostly, I would like to know what it does if 1) hedge = true/false --> Hedge on same pair or correlation pair? CountdownMode = true/false --> what is this mean? JPYAccount = true/false --> is this mean your account type is in JPY deposit or USD? Back test looks pretty good and I want to start forward testing, but since it trade very short time period, I would like to know how to use these options. I can't tell from the back test what these options do for the account.

Thanks and I hope someone can explain. I think someone who knows code well can tell what it does.

for me CountdownMode is equal to ECN compatible

the JPAccount is for determining right lot size when MM is used (for acc denominated in JPY - aka deposit)

The Hedge mode.... is weird thing... It is involved only in MM, perhaps backtests will show the difference

about Hedge: HedgeMode) ld_ret_16 = MathRound(ad_8 * AccountBalance() ....

else ld_ret_16 = MathRound(ad_8 * AccountFreeMargin() ....

with Hedge=True it calcs MM about AccBalance, else AccFreemargin...

Edited by musketeer

for me CountdownMode is equal to ECN compatible

the JPAccount is for determining right lot size when MM is used (for acc denominated in JPY - aka deposit)

The Hedge mode.... is weird thing... It is involved only in MM, perhaps backtests will show the difference

about Hedge: HedgeMode) ld_ret_16 = MathRound(ad_8 * AccountBalance() ....

else ld_ret_16 = MathRound(ad_8 * AccountFreeMargin() ....

with Hedge=True it calcs MM about AccBalance, else AccFreemargin...

Thanks for that, musketeer!

When I ran backtest, hedging = true/false did not make any difference, but CountDownMode= true did. (did little better). This is tested on Alpari-UK, but, I noticed that when countdownmode is enabled, sl and tp will modify after order entry. So, I think you maybe correct on this option is for ECN.

I changed the start time on all pairs to 00:00 and ran real time all night long on $ 1000.00 and used MM lot size = 5% and the rest settings left it as default. I know this is supposed to scalp during asian session, but I wanted to test how it works, so I changed the trading hours. This morning, I saw account is net 5% up. R/R ratio isn't perfect, but it is not bad in my opinion for scalper. So, I would like to find out this basic trading concepts. If we know its basic concept, we maybe able to find the optimal settings, like start/stop time, etc.

Edited by fx4_ever
correction on net gain