Req: Place your requests for customization of mt4 indicators here....

heisamit

Hi friends,

I am a trader and not a programer, but would real appreciate if some one who can help us with their programing expertise, to modify or customize existing or new mt4 indicators.

I have noticed that there are requests for customisation of various mt4 indicators scattered all over the forrum in various threads, and since they are all scattered...most of the requests never get answered...I would like to dedicate this thread specially for the purpose of requesting customisation of mt4 indicators.

For example...I would really appreciate if someone could create a moving average indicator which would appear as a subgraph...such that the subgraph shows a green dot for a close above the moving average and a red dot for a close below the moving average.....the dots should appear as a straight line and not appear as a moving average curve in the subgraph.

the above is an example of the kind of requests one can place in this thread....and hopefully some of the guys who are blessed with prograing skills can write the code for the requests.

And please make sure that when a programmer does answer the querry ...add thanks to that programer for his efforts.

i would really be greatful if someone could create the customised moving average indicator I have requested above...and we would be happy to name the customised indicator after the person who writes the code for the same ...

I repeat I am not a programmer..the only reason I have started this thread is for the convenience of forrum members ...so that we have a common thread where one can expect such requests to be handled...

Edited by heisamit

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an indicator already exists. It is called MACD, which is basically the cross of 2 moving averages - the macd line the faster moving average and the slower one represented by the horizontal line. Why you would want the curve line to be staright row of dots, I cannot understand, but all you need to do is modify the MACD.

Shabz thanks for responding back...well macd is different from the customised ma indictor I am looking for...macd is the crossover of 12 and 26 ema, smoothed by a 9 period sma..and is represented by histogram bars and curves in a subgraph...however I am looking for an indicator that would just display coloreddots for price close above or below the moving average...

I did get the display of what I am looking for by tweaking the macd settings ( Fast ema:1, slow ema:7, signal sma:0) ..just like you suggested Shabz, however still get the output display as histograms, is there anyway I can get the output appear as dots (in a straight line intead of being scattered above and below the macd zero line)....green dots to represent histogram readings above the macd 0 line and red dots for histogram readings below the 0 level.

I donot want the confusion of trying to interpret the size of the histograms, the divergences and other crossover signals, cause when one sees the macd, one automatically starts those interpretitions mentally...and I would just like to avoid all of that...just plain display of the dots in the subgraph .

So Shabz, I am gonna add a thanks to your post cause you were able to get me thinking in the right direction...now if some one could write the code to convert the histogram bars to dot...would really be great...

Edited by heisamit

Indicator modifications

Hello friends this is checkmail and am having few indicators which if modified would be useful to use it in better ways.Its been tough to find any experienced coder friends here as time availability is limited.

Anyways if any friends are interested to code few modification to indicators, PM me or reply here will share the indicators here, as now its all scattered conditions.:)

Hi There Checkmail...

would be great if you could post the indicators here, so that all could benifit ...and please mention , how you would like the indicator customised..I am sure this forrum has some excellent coders who are bound to read the request and comply ...

So please post the request , so that this thread remains alive and encourages more posts....that way all the forrum members know which thread they need to refer to incase they need to customise their existing mt4 indicators...

heisamit, I think you are looking for something like the fx smooth indicator, looks like a zigzag indicator in a panel below the chart. a series of uplines in green & down lines in red. You could change the lines for dots in the code I suppose. As for the horizontal line you would have to calibrate it using a macd indicator. I haven't tried it, it may work.

You can try change the histo in Macd for dots, but you are after staright lines of dots.

Or try & draw what you are after, I am sure something is already out there.

Edited by shabz

Shabz thanks once again for your valuable feedback and all the help and suggestions given in getting me closer to my quest for the customisation of the moving average indicator....

okay, I have uploaded the image of what I want the output to look like...I used paint to draw it...so might look a bit out of proportion...

http://www.4shared.com/photo/bcrIviF-/moving_average_indicator_as_a_.html

so thats the way i would like the moving average to appear , as colored dots ...green dots for candle close above the moving average , red dots for candle close below the moving average

Shabz thanks once again for your valuable feedback and all the help and suggestions given in getting me closer to my quest for the customisation of the moving average indicator....

okay, I have uploaded the image of what I want the output to look like...I used paint to draw it...so might look a bit out of proportion...

http://www.4shared.com/photo/bcrIviF-/moving_average_indicator_as_a_.html

so thats the way i would like the moving average to appear , as colored dots ...green dots for candle close above the moving average , red dots for candle close below the moving average

Hi heisamit,

try this one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/2iFXc3IP/MA_DOT.html

last dot can repaint until close if candle crosses ma

Hi heisamit,

try this one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/2iFXc3IP/MA_DOT.html

last dot can repaint until close if candle crosses ma

Hi iwjw,

You are abosultely 100 percent....right on target...I am really greatful to you....I am gonna add thanks to your post. Its even better than I expected....wow..thats all I got to say....

This is what I love about the forrum, we have so many great minds , willing and ready to help patiently.

I also would like to appreciate Shabz for his responses.... So once again thanks a million to iwjw, great work...and thanks for your time.

I am gonna save the indicator as iwjw ma dot indicator on my mt4 platform, in appreciation of your help.

Thanks

Edited by heisamit

Heres the second request to all the elite mt4 programers...a stochstic oscillator indicator which will show red dots when stochstic moves from 80 to 50 and green dots when stochastics moves from 50 to 80.

The output should appear as colored dots very much like the MA_dot indicators outut, that is it should only appear as colored dots. The crossove after 80 can be shown as maroon , while crossover after 50 to upside can be depicted by lime colored dots....

Hope someone can create this one too.....

And am gonna make sure that I add thanks to the post.....

Thanks in advance

Edited by heisamit

I've uploaded a modified version of MA_DOT (same link as in #8) that is showing the period of the ma in the left upper corner

Then I've coded an extension so that you can use 2 ma's (as I'm always doing) and there's an arrow showing the dot where slow/fast ma crossed

Will try to use this instead of the ma's in the chart window

What you're not seeing is the distance from/of the ma's...so it's not the same

http://www.4shared.com/file/YsS75_u3/MultiMA_DOT.html

Heres the second request to all the elite mt4 programers...a stochstic oscillator indicator which will show red dots when stochstic moves from 80 to 50 and green dots when stochastics moves from 50 to 80.

The output should appear as colored dots very much like the MA_dot indicators outut, that is it should only appear as colored dots. The crossove after 80 can be shown as maroon , while crossover after 50 to upside can be depicted by lime colored dots....

Hope someone can create this one too.....

And am gonna make sure that I add thanks to the post.....

Thanks in advance

Again already posted......................http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/9218-Top-Dog-Trading-Indicators/page3

Req : Indicator modification

Hello friends this is checkmail and do have two mtf indicators which are freely available online, want it to be modified for better understanding purpose.

The modification required is simple the indicator is required to show the trend in text either in its window or on the chart at right hand corner.

Means to say only one indicator have space for text in window, and another one is already fully occupied in its window so will require the charts to display the text.

The Indicators should display the trend for current time-frame.

Here are the links to the MTF Indicators :

http://www.easy-share.com/1913554256/4 TF PSAR Bar2.mq4

http://www.easy-share.com/1913554270/Multi Moving Average.mq4

Hope this will be an simple task for the coder friends here.:)

I've uploaded a modified version of MA_DOT (same link as in #8) that is showing the period of the ma in the left upper corner

Then I've coded an extension so that you can use 2 ma's (as I'm always doing) and there's an arrow showing the dot where slow/fast ma crossed

Will try to use this instead of the ma's in the chart window

What you're not seeing is the distance from/of the ma's...so it's not the same

http://www.4shared.com/file/YsS75_u3/MultiMA_DOT.html

Hi iwjw

Wow, I mean... just wow...I am so happy ..thanks a million pal...I am gonna add a thanks to this post too...I really didnot expect this kind of a response... Hope this encourages others too....

And I am gonna add a thanks for this post of yours .

Edited by heisamit

Again already posted......................http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/9218-Top-Dog-Trading-Indicators/page3

Shabz,

Thanks for the link...its very close to what I want, just a little different, the color stochastics indicator in the link changes color when there is a signal line crossover... I am looking for a color change when stochastics moves above the 80 level...and remains red till it reaches the 50 level ( and displayed as a dot)...and the color changing to green when the stochastics reaches 50 and remain the same till the stochastic reaches 80...( it would be amazing if in addition to the above... the bearish and bullish signal line crossover can be represented by maroon and lime dots...the crossove signal is not as important as the color dots forming on stochastic reaching the 80 and 50 level respectively)....

Nevertheless, this is an amzing indicator you have directed me to, so thanks a lot Shabz...am adding a thanks for your help and time

Edited by heisamit

hi guys,

my third request is for an indicator called the 'osma color' indicator..one can download it here from the following link

http://www.4shared.com/file/M9_mr6yD/OsMA_Color.html

this indicator is nothing but the osma but appears in a colored histogram bar format. There are 4 colored bars, lime, green, maroon and red.....

I just need the histograms to appear as colored dots, thats all...red dot for red bar, maroon dot for maroon bar, green dot for green bar and lime dot for the lime histogram bar. i need the colored dots to appear in a line just like iwjw's MA_color dot indicator....

I will add thanks to the person who posts the customisedd osma color indicator...and once again thanks in advance.

hope to hear soon from one of the intelligent coders on this forrum....And thanks for all the contributions made so far....

Edited by heisamit

hi guys,

my third request is for an indicator called the 'osma color' indicator..one can download it here from the following link

http://www.4shared.com/file/M9_mr6yD/OsMA_Color.html

this indicator is nothing but the osma but appears in a colored histogram bar format. There are 4 colored bars, lime, green, maroon and red.....

I just need the histograms to appear as colored dots, thats all...red dot for red bar, maroon dot for maroon bar, green dot for green bar and lime dot for the lime histogram bar. i need the colored dots to appear in a line just like iwjw's MA_color dot indicator....

I will add thanks to the person who posts the customisedd osma color indicator...and once again thanks in advance.

hope to hear soon from one of the intelligent coders on this forrum....And thanks for all the contributions made so far....

ok, here is another one for you

was done in a few minutes, so no problem

http://www.4shared.com/file/9UhIlI9B/OsMA_Color_DOT.html

I have to admit that I haven't quite understood the customization of the stochastic indi

maybe you could upload a picture to get a better understanding

If it's easily doable, I'll help you out there, too

ok, here is another one for you

was done in a few minutes, so no problem

http://www.4shared.com/file/9UhIlI9B/OsMA_Color_DOT.html

I have to admit that I haven't quite understood the customization of the stochastic indi

maybe you could upload a picture to get a better understanding

If it's easily doable, I'll help you out there, too

HI Iwjw...

I am really honoured to receive the kind of response ...you have helped me and customised my reuests so promptly...I wish I could add more than one thanks to each of the posts you have made on this thread...

Thanks a million....

I am gonna work on creating the picture for the stochastics so that you can get a better idea.

Brothers, this is what I meant ...on this forrum we have some very generous souls...so please put in your requests, never know when one gets lucky and are able to get that indicator customised....

Cheers to iwjw for creating 3 customised indicators for me on this thread

Hi Iwjw...

Just uploaded the pic of the custommisation of the colored stochastics at

http://www.4shared.com/photo/7-CZ2XHw/stochastics_colored.html

I am looking for the colored dots to change color...

1) dots become red when stochstics reaches 80...

2)dots become maroon when bearish crossover occurs beyond 80 level....if the signal lines do crossover bullishly again dots become red again....

In effect dots remain red or marron till stochastic is within the 80 to 50 zone

3)dots become lime when stochastic reaches 20..

4)dots become green when there is a bullish crossover once stochastics is within 20 to 80...color changes from lime to green in case signal lines do crossover again..

in short thr dots remain lime or green till stochastics is within the 20 to 80 zone

OR

In case the crossover signal is difficult to implement, then i would like to have two colors...

1)dots remain red as stochastics moves from 80 to 50

2)dots remain lime when stochastics moves from 50 to 80

and ...if possible the signal lines maybe represented by arrows like the ones you created in the multi_MA dot indicator...if crossover signal is making the coding difficult then just let the indicator be based on rule 1 and 2..the red and lime dots...implementation of the arrows is optional only incase its not much of a bother...

Either of the two is going to be highly apprecited by me...and am very greatful for all your work so far...

hoping that you can do this one too...thanks for all your efforts so far...its been amazing

Regards and Respect

heisamit

Edited by heisamit

still not clear with the stoch indi

e.g. what color do we see between 50 and 20 when stoch is maroon and leaving 80/50 zone?

your pic represented a simplified shape of the stoch, but in reality there are crossovers all over the place anywhere between 0 and 100

what happens with bullish crossover below 20?...still lime until 20?

that wouldn't match with the 80+ area

still not clear with the stoch indi

e.g. what color do we see between 50 and 20 when stoch is maroon and leaving 80/50 zone?

your pic represented a simplified shape of the stoch, but in reality there are crossovers all over the place anywhere between 0 and 100

what happens with bullish crossover below 20?...still lime until 20?

that wouldn't match with the 80+ area

Hi Iwjw,

I really appreciate the sincere efforts you,ve put to help me out...so am adding a thanks to every post of yours...cause i know I just cant thank you enough for your time.

I have added the stochastic from mt4 platform, real time mt4 chart scenario...where criss cross of signal line takes place as is the scenaario real time.

heres the link

http://www.4shared.com/photo/ZbtauXeo/STOCHASTIC_COLOR_1.html

The logic...I am using here ..is to use the color red or maroon for all dots between 80 to 50...red representing any dot between 80 to 50 without a bearish signal line cross ...and maroon any dot in the 80 to 50 zone accompanied by a bearish signal cross ...so if after a bearish cross in the 80 to 50 region, say the signal lines cross again, we will use red dot to represent the same, since we are still inthe 80 to 50 zone. so in short there can only be two colors in the 80 to 50 zone...red or maroon..to represent any condition in the 80 to 50 zone

similarly ...we use lime or green for representing any dot between 50 to 80

lime represents any movement between the 50 to to 80 which is not accompanied by a bullish signal cross...while green represents a movement in the 50 to 80 zone accompanied by a bullish cross...if after a bullish cross in the 50 to 80 zone, the signals have a bearish cross, then we will represent the same with a lime dot ..since the move is still in the 50 to 80 zone.

similarly there can only be two colors, lime or green... to represent any instance in the 50 to 80 zone...

Please let me know if any further clarification is needed... I will be more than glad to elaborate and clarify ...

Thanks,

Regards and Respect

heisamit

Edited by heisamit

Sorry heisamit,

but that stoch thingy doesn't look like a 10 minute job

It's complicated to track the stoch when it's (e.g.) comming down from 80 to 50

The stoch could do anything within this range and so you would have to keep a reference point where the last crossdown of 80 occured until it either goes through 50 or crosses 80 again and you have to look for the next reference point

Same applies to 50 to 80 zone

In other words you have to know whether your looking at a 80 to 50 or a 50 to 80

What easily can be seen in the indicator window isn't that easy to code (at least in my opinion)

Edited by iwjw

Guest Jayman007

(FILLED) Modified ATR

I am hoping someone here can help out with a simple mod to the ATR indicator in MT4. I need another user variable for % added. I then need the current ATR value displayed as a product of the % defined and in terms on pips.

So for say, ATR(20) E/U and the ATR value is .0085 and the % was 75 the it would display on the screen somewhere 63.75 pips. Thats 75% of 85.

I hope I got this idea across ok. Please let me know if I can elaborate or answer questions.

EDIT:I got this one now....

Edited by Jayman007

Sorry heisamit,

but that stoch thingy doesn't look like a 10 minute job

It's complicated to track the stoch when it's (e.g.) comming down from 80 to 50

The stoch could do anything within this range and so you would have to keep a reference point where the last crossdown of 80 occured until it either goes through 50 or crosses 80 again and you have to look for the next reference point

Same applies to 50 to 80 zone

In other words you have to know whether your looking at a 80 to 50 or a 50 to 80

What easily can be seen in the indicator window isn't that easy to code (at least in my opinion)

Hi iwjw....

Thsts okay.....I am more than happy with all the help I have received from you so far....you have helped me with 3 customisation requests...so am more than happy...

Was wondering...would it be possible to have just two color for the stochastics,....red between 80 to 50 and lime between 50 to 80. Ignore the signal line crossovers...Just dots to indicate stochastics by red for candles corresponding to levels between 80 to 50 and lime dots for candle corresponding to levels between 50 to 80...ignore the signal crossover...so only two colors.

If possible would be great...

Am adding a thanks to your post for your time once again...

Respect and Regards

heisamit

REQ: BB MACD INDICATOR AS DOTS

okay this is my 4th request for customization of the BB MACD indicator...I just want the dots of the indicator to appear in a straight line......the bollinger band is not needed...

The indicator can be found at this link

http://www.4shared.com/file/_wKu29Ow/BB_MACD_v101.html

I am only looking for the MACD dots to be represented as dots along a straight line... I donot need the band.....Let me know if thats possible..thanks