Not so bad for a personal EA and only in one month...DD-0.96% - 100% Win ;)

Guest master9357

Guest master9357

1 month...1pair!? We have much and good pairs in forex...

Detail statement in portuguese......:-O

hxxp://[email protected]/document/JnERJX2r/Strategy_Tester_Repor1.html

I will make some optimizations and then i tell you something........

1 lot in MBT it´s the same 0.1 lot in other brokers....

master9357,

If you believe that you're really onto something here, before you waste a lot of time and ultimately ditch the EA I recommend that you backtest over 2009 and 2008, ideally with tick data. Messing around with tick data is tricky, so just try backtesting your EA as normal and that will soon show whether it works long term or not.

I've lost count of the number of EA's I've seen (or created) which look great in a random few months worth of forward testing only to see them totally fall to pieces in different market conditions when backtesting into previous years.

Unfortunately, when you say that we need to see the optimised version after showing only a month's worth of forward tested results suggests that this performance isn't what it seems.

Guest master9357

Thanks for your advice Sound fx..I only put 1 month because it take to much time but certainlly i will made all of this things..

San4x, you want know more about this EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will see it for yourself and test it only for............ free, for all of you!?

i only want make some adjustments and i will share it for free...

master9357,

It's very kind of you to share your EA for free :)

Having been through this cycle of great excitement and then great disappointment too many times I felt I should warn you that all may not be what it seems to be.

I hope I'm wrong, though there are plenty of folks here to support you if it looks as though you're on the right track, but things don't quite turn out as you'd hoped ;)

master9357,

I like your tenacity, so just in case your EA doesn't turn out to be the thing which will make us all millionaires, here's a few things to consider...

1. Ensure that your risk/reward is better than or at the very least equal to 1:1. If you have 1:2 risk/reward consistently then you can have 50% losing trades and still break even. Accuracy isn't the key with longer term systems - money management rules all !

2. Place your stops at swing high or swing low points (ideally in higher timeframe charts, though ensure that that you follow point 1.).

3. Consider "scaling out" of trades when your signals are uncertain. For example, if you trade 1 lot and gain 50 pips then cash in 0.5 lots, move the stop to breakeven and take a free trade with the other 0.5 lots for as far as the market will take you. To get out of the second trade, either use an indicator on the higher timeframe or trailing stop.

4. Beware of classic support and resistance areas. If your system is screaming long at the classic pivot level R1, then be aware that price bounces off S/R levels more than it breaks through them :)

Master9357, thank you for your sharing spirit.

I agree with Soundfx, false joys of automated trading come too often.

Also, I do not want to play the pessimist, but after reading the title of your thread, I thought that it was a DD of 0.96% for a profit of 100%, which would be remarkable.

However, it must temper our enthusiasm, because the gain is actually 2.17%.

Now you use a margin of 1:1, if you use 10 times more, you'll get a 9.6% DD and 21.7% gain, which is not so bad, as you say, if you can make that every month.

Wish you best luck in your quest.

Guest master9357

No, it's not THV i don´t even know it but you will see for your self soon...

Thank you at all for your atention i think at the end of next week it will be available for share...

Why is a report of only one month demo forward test from Jan-2010 being shown? That is totally meaningless. the fact that this EA has no backtest and no continuation of the forward test it is a huge red flag. Its like showing somebody the specs of a car from world war II and expecting them to buy it in 2011 (unless they are into antiques collection). One wonders..

Guest master9357

Ok,to many ideas...

I not share the EA in first post because i´m making the optimization...

Yes, don´t you think that all people here knows how to make a backtest to find the best settings and they use EA´s but unfortunelly the account blows and i really don´t want blow with any account.

Tomislav, my computer it´s not so good but it´s not so bad too, it´s normal, and 1month of backtest like you saw take me 15/20 mnts, the expert it's huge and have many indicators 225k.

Sorry to all but with this atitud no, i´m not share tha EA or even sell it because i´m a full time trader and i know make money in forex, win today lose tomorrow no, for me not, i have my losses but my statement it´s up, up, up all weeks.

I had the kindness, and i really want share this with all members but no it´s too good to be share for people with this atitud..

Thank you very much and sorry to all the other members...

Relax

Man, please read some more posts from those who were offended you. You'll realize that these people are jumping to anyone's throat IN ADVANCE, no matter what is being offered. These so called "the-whole-world-is-a-big-scam" guys are trying to beat you with their unsuccessfulness. If you're allowing this, they win. ;)

If I were you, I'd simply put them on ignore and continue focusing to those who are really interested in your work. Don't be upset just because some sorry souls want you to be upset.

It is obvious to me that you were a bit early with this announcement about your EA and your code needs some more optimizing. No problem, just do it and don't feel be urged.

Also, take note that this is not ForexFactory. This is a pirat...errr... "education" forum. Most of the people here wants to earn the world+1 dollar in the very first post of a thread starter. If they can't, then poster will be bitten. :D

Relax and show us (the rest of the members) what is your idea. :)

Guest master9357

No man you are so wrong...

I don´t need of your atention or even your money...but thank you very much for sugest...

Unfortunlly i´m not for sale me or even my EA.. And donates are not acceptable too, but thank you very much for your generosity..

I have much more to think that capture your atention feel free man a new week coming and much money to win with it too.

it´s only my concerned not your atention, or even if my threads are beautiful and not a mess for you

I only make good shares and collect yours too..

But it´s ok thank you very much and regards

master9357,

it is not about my attention, but since you made it clear that you were not after it (not mine alone but generally speaking),

I will now delete my postings to get peace in this thread.

I made my point and you understood. Now it is fine.

Arguing and calling names (like some immediately started to do) is not the style of this forum.

Regards

Edited by fxeasy5

Guest master9357

Sorry at all this thread was a mistake like tomislav said.

Because about this ea none sharing will be done or even a selling...

Indo-run????????????????????Only the thread because all my backtests with shared settings blow up my account...

But certainlly this will not going happen here...

No EA, no accounts to Blow up..

Regards

• 4 months later...
Guest David1713006337
What is MBT and how does 1.0 lot "ever" equate to being the same as 0.1 lots? I'm still a bit green in these matters :-/

http://www.babypips.com/

Start off with the school lessons.

Guest David1713006337
Everyone will find the right EA if they look and also will find (or produce with some homework) the right settings and then succeed where "others" :huh: have given up. Adios.

P.S Previous posts removed.

Let's really think about this.... two questions: (Let's see if you can answer these)

1... Has anyone ever developed an EA that works under all forex market conditions?

2... If one was ever developed, what do you think brokers would do?

I know many successful forex traders and all use manually traded systems. I have yet to find one that trades with an EA. Think about that one!

Everyone will find the right EA if they look and also will find (or produce with some homework) the right settings and then succeed where "others" :huh: have given up. Adios.

P.S Previous posts removed.

I disagree, not everyone can identify a winning system

There are members here for example who have been registered since 2008 or 2009 and still can't identify a martingale or a grid system

and get excited when they see a 100% winning asian scalper eventhough it does not use a stoploss and could blow up at any time