Hedging Scalper M5+H4

Rio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went live on this one with $100 on ThinkForex (fixed spread, 200:1 leverage) with the following settings:

Pairs: GBP/USD, EUR/USD, AUD/CAD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF

Risk: 2

Lot: 0.02

Max Trades: 1

Auto Lots: True

Hedging: True

Everything else, default....will report back in a week to see how it goes....I only used "hedgingscalper-XE.mq4"

I just went live on this one with $100 on ThinkForex (fixed spread, 200:1 leverage) with the following settings:

Pairs: GBP/USD, EUR/USD, AUD/CAD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF

Risk: 2

Lot: 0.02

Max Trades: 1

Auto Lots: True

Hedging: True

Everything else, default....will report back in a week to see how it goes....I only used "hedgingscalper-XE.mq4"

Account balance 50%+ up ($155) after one day...equity $102 and DD -$52, I reduced risk to 1% to avoid more DD, seems doing all right, will see what happens....

who can help me? I don't understand hot to install the Ea. In the file i see:

eur gbp e gbp usf for 4h

eur gbp and gbp usd for M5

I consider that I have to open 4 charts, two by two and five.minutes from 4 hours.

but I also have a hedgingscalper-XE.mq4. Where should I attack this?

thank's

Copy the following to the following folders:

1. Folder contents \profiles copy in a folder of profiles MetaTrader\profiles

2. Folder contents \experts copy in a folder of experts MetaTrader\experts

3. After reboot of program MetaTrader, click File, Profiles, HedgeScalper, 4 Charts will pop out (File-Profiles-Hedging Scalper M5-H4), allow to trade to the adviser.

Don't forget to enable EA.

Account balance 50%+ up ($155) after one day...equity $102 and DD -$52, I reduced risk to 1% to avoid more DD, seems doing all right, will see what happens....

IMO you are just lucky....

here is the old link to myfxbook, see what happened on Nov'30, its with 0.01 lot.... (balance 10436, equity 8494, for DD of ~2k)

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Snagit/media/9aa12ee1-297c-4659-ae3d-b537d010419a/06.08.2011-11.51.52.png

IMO you are just lucky....

here is the old link to myfxbook, see what happened on Nov'30, its with 0.01 lot.... (balance 10436, equity 8494, for DD of ~2k)

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Snagit/media/9aa12ee1-297c-4659-ae3d-b537d010419a/06.08.2011-11.51.52.png

I guess so... :) but the hedging is a brilliant thing and if this EA could manage DD in a more efficient way, then most of your equity would not be locked down on DD...this EA needs more improvement on DD, other than that I believe strategy works well although hasn't yet figure it out how...do you know of any hedging EA which performs better than this one? Thanks.

thank's Taipan,

now is all ok.

bye

Copy the following to the following folders:

1. Folder contents \profiles copy in a folder of profiles MetaTrader\profiles

2. Folder contents \experts copy in a folder of experts MetaTrader\experts

3. After reboot of program MetaTrader, click File, Profiles, HedgeScalper, 4 Charts will pop out (File-Profiles-Hedging Scalper M5-H4), allow to trade to the adviser.

Don't forget to enable EA.

if in general you like hedging... go for it, but wisely. that does not make that EA brilliant. just use it for few months (will be good if you get all market's cycles...) and then, if you like it, go live

or just go live now :) perhaps it is time for your luck...

Agree, going for hedging must be done wisely...I'm already live on it with $100 as a test to see how it performs in live condition, the EA is far away from being brilliant....I meant hedging is a brilliant practice even when it comes to Forex trading....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Just an update:

The XE version wasn't trading due to a mistake I made in the educating.

This is now fixed and actually opens trades now.

http://www.4shared.com/file/ZjJIc78P/HSXE.html

Sorry about that everyone. Here's the whole package again.

Also a correction in the instructions: You shouldn't use the EA on two timeframes on the same pair. The EAs will get confused and trample on each other's trades.

link not valid, reshare please

• 2 weeks later...
I guess so... :) but the hedging is a brilliant thing and if this EA could manage DD in a more efficient way, then most of your equity would not be locked down on DD...this EA needs more improvement on DD, other than that I believe strategy works well although hasn't yet figure it out how...do you know of any hedging EA which performs better than this one? Thanks.

Yeah it all seems brilliant but then you be realisin' the gut wrenchin truth when vicious swap rates in the wrong direction with trades open for days start bitin' your bum and not to mention days of Draw Down. Yeah sure yez might be Ok in the end...maybe.

Best wishes,

Callahan <):)

You can get Hedging Scalper XE here:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/9wF5hNpR/HSXE.html?

Hedging, grid trading, pyramiding EAs are actually fairly unintelligent. What I mean by that is that they have no brain to read the market direction and trade with it. They just try to handle whatever the market throws at them to make small wins and hedge against them in locking positions to minimize losses in order to *try* to stabilize the account. They only have logic to do this.

All in all, I discovered that these are currently the best EAs to run. They are not going to make you rich quick (they are slow and steady), but you might do alright if they hang on for a few years, and your account doesn't explode.

With any EA, but particularly hedging ones, there is always the risk of account blow up should the market makers decide that it'd be profitable to tank all your EA's orders. Then they'll extend the average daily or weekly range in defiance of the IMF in such a way that the EA becomes ill-equipped to handle such a huge trap. (Remember what happened to "Robominer"?)

That's how they make money after all... by tanking your account.

The nice thing about these hedging bots is that they don't display stop-losses to the broker... so that confuses them and gives them some grief.

A skilled trader can make more money trading manually, but for EA hands-off trading, these hedging bots are the way to go. To get an EA to trade like a manual trader is near impossible in MT4 (there are issues try to code a system that does pattern matching)

I run Pyramid EA 7.09 MA live, and I'd educate it if I could...but I can't. If I knew someone who could break the dll open and have the latest EA decompiler to match the latest MT4 build -- maybe I could...

Edited by Rio

The spread and swap rates are effectively broker weapons to take your money. Especially swap rates over the weekend - which is why, if you are manually trading, holding a position over the weekend is a very DUMB move (in addition to the fact that getting "gapped" is not fun either, as it's essentially a gamble trying to predict which way they'll trap the traders come Monday)

I dislike the hedging scalper for that reason.

Pyramid doesn't do that so much. If it has an open trade trapped, it will wait until price gets itself into a position where it can hedge itself in a locking position. The market will then HAVE to break the lock from one side or the other, because the market wants to get it's money back after a large move - and whichever way it goes, locked orders on either side eventually go positive and when they do, the EA closes out all the orders in net profit.

It actually trades like the banks, by pumping out money at every price level (grid trading) and by expecting market retraces to happen to unwind old orders and return a net profit.

The only thing that can potentially kill the EA is a major bank intervention... again, by blowing apart daily/weekly ranges and wearing down account equity. With no equity, large locking orders can't be opened to hedge the account, and then the account becomes vulnerable to margin calls (finished off by a punishing trend move).

Edited by Rio

The spread and swap rates are effectively broker weapons to take your money.

The only thing that can potentially kill the EA is a major bank intervention... again, by blowing apart daily/weekly ranges and wearing down account equity. With no equity, large locking orders can't be opened to hedge the account, and then the account becomes vulnerable to margin calls (finished off by a punishing trend move).

'Aint Forex fun now? Mostly fun for the Brokers I be reckonin'. Realistically speakin' yez need a portfolio of excellent EAs that be usin' a stop loss givin' yez maybe around 10-15% growth per month (sometimes it'll be less and sometimes it'll be more) using a "large equity" like and then yez can "live a little" from the profits know what I'm sayin' now? <):)

P.S Yez need to be able to be tradin' and still be able to get some sleep at night.

Edited by callahan