Hedging Scalper M5+H4

Rio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at code of the EA, it is not currency pair's independent...

so, one must know well what it does and to put on different (correlated) hedging pairs

What lines of it are not independant? I compared both currency versions of the original EA and found that the logic is identical. Even the settings. The only thing different was that the EA was "locked down" to a pair and a timeframe.

I agree that it helps to run the EA on correlated pairs. EURUSD, GBPUSD, and EURGBP make the most sense.

I have no idea why some of you can't get the link to work....

Ok I went and reuploaded it. Hopefuly it works this time.

Also, I went ahead and made the magic number hack on the XE version. There were also a few redundant code snippets in there that I clipped to do with magic numbers. With any luck I haven't ruined the EA. It openes trades OK, so I assume it works. Please demo and test

http://www.4shared.com/file/9wF5hNpR/HSXE.html

What lines of it are not independant? I compared both currency versions of the original EA and found that the logic is identical. Even the settings. The only thing different was that the EA was "locked down" to a pair and a timeframe.

I agree that it helps to run the EA on correlated pairs. EURUSD, GBPUSD, and EURGBP make the most sense.

I have no idea why some of you can't get the link to work....

look combination of magics numbers

I don't see where the EAs differ between the set pair versions.

The combination of magic numbers are the same on each original version of the EA.

There are 3 of them. Two are for hedging (51401, 51402), and a third (12378) if the hedging input is set to false.

In fact, the EA was also hunting of trades with a magic of 51400, which is never opened, so I removed that code.

I wonder why it was there in the first place

I don't see where the EAs differ between the set pair versions.

The combination of magic numbers are the same on each original version of the EA.

There are 3 of them. Two are for hedging (51401, 51402), and a third (12378) if the hedging input is set to false.

In fact, the EA was also hunting of trades with a magic of 51400, which is never opened, so I removed that code.

I wonder why it was there in the first place

Rio I also check magic number and I noticed that they are the same for the same pair, so you know if we can run both m5 and h4 version on the same pair without conflict? (I'm using HS-H4-EURGBP.mq4, HS-M5-EURGBP.mq4, HS-H4-GBPUSD.mq4,HS-H4-GPPUSD.mq4)

it's strange that magic are non extern parameter on the original version, if people want to use both m5 and h4 version on the sampe pair they couldn't change magic.

I wonder if the eas has some kind of working combination together.

Bizarre... but anyway, I think all of us here know that we really can't trust the strategy tester in MT4. Not only is the data bad, if the data hasn't been manipulated by the broker, it's just rubbish for testing EAs such as this one.

Best thing to do is run it on demo for amonth, see if it takes your fancy.

Persoanlly, I am building up an army of hedging martingale bots. They're the only ones that work reliably month after month, and this one is useful in the sense that it turns a small amout of money large in a short space of time.

I am testing XE now live with 4 pairs EU, UC, GU, and EG

It should only be a few days before profit exceeds floating equity...

Given that we have enough equity, it should be possible to go crazy and add more pairs, but 4 will do for now.

Edited by Rio

Bizarre... but anyway, I think all of us here know that we really can't trust the strategy tester in MT4. Not only is the data bad, if the data hasn't been manipulated by the broker, it's just rubbish for testing EAs such as this one.

Best thing to do is run it on demo for amonth, see if it takes your fancy.

Persoanlly, I am building up an army of hedging martingale bots. They're the only ones that work reliably month after month, and this one is useful in the sense that it turns a small amout of money large in a short space of time.

I am testing XE now live with 4 pairs EU, UC, GU, and EG

It should only be a few days before profit exceeds floating equity...

Given that we have enough equity, it should be possible to go crazy and add more pairs, but 4 will do for now.

no sense both of us doing that, so please give the results via myfxbook or investor's acc pls

thanks!

:)

am running it on recommended pairs for few months...

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mirusevxs33/delta-hs/72219

since Oct 19, 2010

and i am very fan of grids... :)

Edited by musketeer

I'd run the recommended two pairs on M5 (EG GU) with microlot (0.01 starting lots)

I haven't got mt4stats up and running yet.

So far equity is still in a hole after 2 days running it, but only by about $20 or so.

It nearly surpassed initial balance a few times today, but we'll see what happens by the end of the month.

As long as it doesn't wipe $500 in equity off my account I'll keep it running.

Edited by Rio

I'd run the recommended two pairs on M5 (EG GU) with microlot (0.01 starting lots)

I haven't got mt4stats up and running yet.

So far equity is still in a hole after 2 days running it, but only by about $20 or so.

It nearly surpassed initial balance a few times today, but we'll see what happens by the end of the month.

As long as it doesn't wipe $500 in equity off my account I'll keep it running.

$500 is not enough, it will be hit for sure... better stop it now or increase the trigger

just IMO

equity is now $100 in the hole (-$210 float but $110 profit into balance). Still can't get mt4stats to work :(

I assume that equity will retrace tomorrow. It has to. The market doesn't have three down days in a row.

With the exception of GBP, all the other pairs are far away from the other side of their hedged trades.

Down $400, up $200 still gaping equity hole.

I think it's time to pull the plug

The problem is that the EA just lets the price trend without having a trade to keep it in check. What happens then is that the equity builds up, and if price doesn't come back..... boom goes your account.

I'd prefer to run Pyramid EA than this.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend gave me this EA and I start testing this system. But, no documentation, I thought Indo-invest must have some information on this sytem and ofcourse, here is already some discussion about this system. You gotta love this forum! :)

I must say, creator of the EA's results on myfxbook caught my attention! Whether or not he fabricate the results, I am not sure. I saw from his results on Myfxbook didn't show upto date result. This could be just he may have heavy drawdown and maybe disabling his publishing for time being. I also noticed his closed positions, some orders doesn't show SL, but all my orders shows SL. So, I am not sure if he is using same EA on this account. Something is different and I can't quite figure out. But, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This EA place orders in Grid fashion when trade goes against your position and also it opens hedging time to time. I haven't still figure out how the strategy works. But, I think a little bit of modification, or some manual human intervene, this could be very good system.

However, I think some of EA doesn't function correctly. Example: I only trade M5 on GBPUSD and EURGBP and Hedging = false. Also, I set Distance1 through 5 to = 0 But, it did open Grid fashion and also put hedge on same pair. Another issue is, I saw somewhere on their website or somewhere mentioned that Magic# should be changed if use it on multiple chart on same pair, but there is no where to input Magic#. So, I think EA has some issues.

Also, 2000 pip SL and 20 pip TP? Unless it works like Stealth SL, may well not use the SL.

Regardless of all issue that I had, it yielded 20% today. This is to set my lot size to 10%. So, there is a lot of room to lower the risk. I did close manually one negative against one positive order to close some positions. I am trying to learn how it trades. It uses Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator and I always heard it is very good indicator, but very few traders talk about this indicator. Anyway, if anyone can read/understand the code and able to explain how the strategy supposed to work, it would be most grateful. :)

http://i55.tinypic.com/25rjslj.png

http://i55.tinypic.com/25rjslj.png

Edited by fx4_ever

# Gain: +9.4%

# Abs. Gain: +9.4%

# Daily: 0.09%

# Monthly: 2.76%

# Drawdown: 4.90%

it is with 1% risk... on 10k acc

it trades microlots on 10k, hence if the acc was 1k there are no smaller lots thus these percents with 1k acc:

# Gain: +94%

# Abs. Gain: +94%

# Daily: 0.9%

# Monthly: 27.6%

# Drawdown: 49.0%

all except the potential DD is good...

# Gain: +9.4%

# Abs. Gain: +9.4%

# Daily: 0.09%

# Monthly: 2.76%

# Drawdown: 4.90%

it is with 1% risk... on 10k acc

it trades microlots on 10k, hence if the acc was 1k there are no smaller lots thus these percents with 1k acc:

# Gain: +94%

# Abs. Gain: +94%

# Daily: 0.9%

# Monthly: 27.6%

# Drawdown: 49.0%

all except the potential DD is good...

Hi:

Are you trading heding enabled and M5 and H4 both chart? How many pairs?

Like you said, all looks good except for the high DD. if it has Global closing option or Global SL, it can be traded as basket and maybe better system.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

who can help me? I don't understand hot to install the Ea. In the file i see:

eur gbp e gbp usf for 4h

eur gbp and gbp usd for M5

I consider that I have to open 4 charts, two by two and five.minutes from 4 hours.

but I also have a hedgingscalper-XE.mq4. Where should I attack this?

thank's