Leo Trader Pro

Today it opened a GBPUSD buy trade today but beware about using the negative - or % money management option. Mine opened a 0.32 lot position on what should have been a 2% equity risk (-2.0 risk level setting) on a 540 dollar balance and went up to negative $98 dollars draw down before finally hitting the TP after many hours.

My advice is to set the risk level MANUALLY to your own comfort level. 18% draw down was way beyond my comfort level even though the trade finally swung the other way !

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree. Everybody should know that you can't trade any market profitably with an ea. You can't quantify human emotion that way. And human emotion is what moves the market. Pure and simple....

Human emotion is probably a minor factor in affecting price movement but world financial and economic news & data has a much greater influence on price direction and market volatility !

Today it opened a GBPUSD buy trade today but beware about using the negative - or % money management option. Mine opened a 0.32 lot position on what should have been a 2% equity risk (-2.0 risk level setting) on a 540 dollar balance and went up to negative $98 dollars draw down before finally hitting the TP after many hours.

My advice is to set the risk level MANUALLY to your own comfort level. 18% draw down was way beyond my comfort level even though the trade finally swung the other way !

How did you enter you symbols? I put EURUSD,GBPUSD and i didn't get that trade.

open trade from post #162 closed for a profit of $1.86

The SL shows 300+ pips away.... but there are Ea's which have hidden SL but show something else to stop brokers STOP HUNTING. I think this is called Broker's nightmare EA. It can be programmed.

This maybe possible . It is an assumption.

4 years ago when most brokers were bucket shops stop hunting was perhaps an issue. Nowdays if you are with a decent broker it is not an issue.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I suggest you write to support with this very good question and see their reply. Post here as what you experience is not what is advertised on the website.

Looking at the first few trades from their statement they started with 0.2 lots it gradually increased and now down to 0.2 lot.

Wonder if this was done to boost dollar value of profit for the launch.

I suggest you write to support with this very good question and see their reply. Post here as what you experience is not what is advertised on the website.

Looking at the first few trades from their statement they started with 0.2 lots it gradually increased and now down to 0.2 lot.

Wonder if this was done to boost dollar value of profit for the launch.

When on looks closer at their past trades there is a dd that is well below "0" balance so their leverage must be high and a good reason to lower the lot size.

More info here: http://www.forexisbiz.com/showthread.php?1516-Le0-Tr4der/page2

I wonder(since I'm not registered at above mentioned site so I can't read what's in there) if this is another mix up because the account is a mini account. So pip value isn't $10 but only $1!

That means that there never was any huge account demolitioning drawdown! It was 1/10 of it actually. If I remember correctly there was some talk of nearly $2900 DD when balance was some ways under it(something like $2800 or the likes). But actually it was only about $290 since it is a mini account!

I'm pulling these numbers from my weak memory so they propably aren't that accurate but nevertheless the account wasn't even near crashing.

I wonder(since I'm not registered at above mentioned site so I can't read what's in there) if this is another mix up because the account is a mini account. So pip value isn't $10 but only $1!

That means that there never was any huge account demolitioning drawdown! It was 1/10 of it actually. If I remember correctly there was some talk of nearly $2900 DD when balance was some ways under it(something like $2800 or the likes). But actually it was only about $290 since it is a mini account!

I'm pulling these numbers from my weak memory so they propably aren't that accurate but nevertheless the account wasn't even near crashing.

but even at $290 in dd. my fx book shows like a dd of .21%

see : http://www.myfxbook.com/members/cezybt/leotrader-live/71688

so $290 is around at least 10% or so since that particular trade was early on.

so my question to the gurus is how in the heck can that be ????????????

have the leo guys figured out how to manipulate myfxbook, i am soooooooooooo stumped.

can anybody make sense of this ???

my fx book shows like a dd of .21%

so my question to the gurus is how in the heck can that be ????????????

have the leo guys figured out how to manipulate myfxbook, i am soooooooooooo stumped.

can anybody make sense of this ???

I'm not sure but I believe that myfxbook shows closed orders DD.

still dont buy this rubbish, there is no intelligence involved. Have seen mql version. All it trades are whatever signal they send over the internet. Essentially this is their own miniture zulutrade style program thats all. Obvious slippage and different opening price problems and SOMEBODY IS TRADING YOUR ACCOUNT MANUALLY. Artificial Intelligence / Collective learning = BS. HUMAN TRADER sending signals

still dont buy this rubbish, there is no intelligence involved. Have seen mql version. All it trades are whatever signal they send over the internet. Essentially this is their own miniture zulutrade style program thats all. Obvious slippage and different opening price problems and SOMEBODY IS TRADING YOUR ACCOUNT MANUALLY. Artificial Intelligence / Collective learning = BS. HUMAN TRADER sending signals

i would be quite willing to bet that's the case.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Could you share the mq4 version of this product here on the forum.

Thanks

well the key for me is NN or not, human or not so long as it is profitable, time will tell I guess

I agree, if the account is growing is what is important. However, it is nice to be truthful from the vendor's end. These days there is alot of scams with profit only in the vendor's end. In this case if the profits keep growing it is a WIN:WIN for both parties.

There is currently a subscribing based Trade clone EA on the market which is losing money on accounts of a well established MANUAL strategy of sRs trend trader.

So Leotrader Pro whether is using another trader at the other end is at least showing consistent profits since August 2010 in a LIVE account with investor password provided to be digested and torn to pieces or verified by the public.

Edited by THANKS

I also agree with THANKS !

We can give these people the benefit of the doubt that it is in fact a Neural Network powering this EA from their servers end. Human trader or not all that matters to me is that it is a LIVE trading account it nails every live trade so far with over 90% accuracy !

I watched it close a live EURUSD buy trade today and their is a certain amount of intelligence in the system. Once the trade starts moving in positive territory i watched the trailing stop loss kick in and move closer to the action and also the original TP was also modified further away allowing for more potential profit whilst the original stop loss was moved past the original opening price to lock in profit .

The results on their LIVE trading account truly impress me and i for one will trade alongside with them also on a LIVE account using conservative risk management. I have until the 20th February to change my mind and ask for a refund !

Happy Trading

Out of curiosity, is your live account with FinFX or another broker? Any problems with trades appearing on their live account that aren't opened on yours?

My live account is with Go Markets and there have been no trades missed on my account that have also appeared on theirs. I am not trading however from the 24 th Dec until the 5th of Jan.

My live account is with Go Markets and there have been no trades missed on my account that have also appeared on theirs. I am not trading however from the 24 th Dec until the 5th of Jan.

Perhaps VPS for this sort of trading is a consideration. I hear some MT4 brokers have VPS service free for LIVE account holders.One is THINKFOREX broker.

GOMARKETS seem to have a very good reputation and offer have a discount for members with two VPS concerns.

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by THANKS

Still missing some trades, live goMarkets on VPS did not catch that last EURUSD trade that caught 28 pips adn the current GBPUSD trade at 1.54828 according to this

http://www.mt4i.com/users/splumbtree3

Did anyone else catch the GBPUSD trade?

Thanks for feedback. Interesting information. Will you be raising this with support of leotrader? I would like to know what explanation they give.

Finfx broker which they use do not provide VPS service.

What other alternative is there? Have a laptop running with battery backup for internet interruptions?