I found a good EA

SuzyQ

I tested several expert advisers that were all crap. I found this ea a few days ago, and I have been running it on demo. There is an optimization page, but it is in Russian.

The settings I used that did well were: perMA 21, perADX 14, porogADX 16, take profits 60, stop losses 100. I did lot sizes .30 FXDD. I used aud/usd and eur/usd M5 charts. The most profitable were the settings that I detailed here using eur/usd, although aud/usd were pretty decent. There is presently $60 profit on my fxdd demo since late last night using small lot sizes. When I used the settings 21,14,14, it did not do as well, but made some money.

Maybe somebody can look at this ea to see if there are better settings than what I used. I am shocked that an ea actually works, and it's a freebie. Here is the link. If somebody Russian can read the optimization or add a magic number, we have a good free ea.

http://codebase.mql4.com/3528

I tested several expert advisers that were all crap. I found this ea a few days ago, and I have been running it on demo. There is an optimization page, but it is in Russian.

The settings I used that did well were: perMA 21, perADX 14, porogADX 16, take profits 60, stop losses 100. I did lot sizes .30 FXDD. I used aud/usd and eur/usd M5 charts. The most profitable were the settings that I detailed here using eur/usd, although aud/usd were pretty decent. There is presently $60 profit on my fxdd demo since late last night using small lot sizes. When I used the settings 21,14,14, it did not do as well, but made some money.

Maybe somebody can look at this ea to see if there are better settings than what I used. I am shocked that an ea actually works, and it's a freebie. Here is the link. If somebody Russian can read the optimization or add a magic number, we have a good free ea.

http://codebase.mql4.com/3528

I used some lot sizes of .10. It had $84 profit until I changed the settings to 21,14,14. Put up a eur/usd m15 chart - no trades yet. Try it on M5.

Thank you for the suggestion! Have you backtested this EA? I would be very careful.

While there can be some profitable times, I couldn't find anything that was profitable for longer with your suggested settings. Higher timeframes seem to work better (the author suggests D1, which was still profitable since he released the latest version of the EA, but so few trades that hardly worth trading). A fairly simplistic EA, not sure if this is worth the effort, unless the basics are used as elements for something more sophisticated.