MYFXBOOK Great EA..

Guest fxprofits

it is a hold and pray system, looking for 10 pips with a very large SL. should the SL be hit itd be curtains for any profits (and possibly the account).

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• 3 weeks later...
it is a hold and pray system, looking for 10 pips with a very large SL. should the SL be hit itd be curtains for any profits (and possibly the account).

Looking at the statement, it seem to close positions rather quickly, thus, there maybe algorithm to exit the trade when certain SL and close the trade. Perhaps hard SL is there as stealth? I am not sure, but very impressive results. (I am speaking in the terms of how quickly it closed the order. perfect scalping strategy)

What proof do you have to state that it is a great EA? I look at the above posts from respected members with a lot of experience here and wonder why this thread continues... Amazing.

Hm, i can answer this one. Because, one has to ask themselves...are these respected members with "a lot of experience" making money? If they are, then why are they here? And if so then why are we are? Because surely we would be using these respected experienced members strategies and making money right now....instead of posting in this forum everyday,.... *sigh*.....If anybody feels different from what i said... please be sure to post your profitable ea/system when u decide to argue my post :)

Hm, i can answer this one. Because, one has to ask themselves...are these respected members with "a lot of experience" making money? If they are, then why are they here? And if so then why are we are? Because surely we would be using these respected experienced members strategies and making money right now....instead of posting in this forum everyday,.... *sigh*.....If anybody feels different from what i said... please be sure to post your profitable ea/system when u decide to argue my post :)

I don't feel differently nor agree with your comment. We all have our own reason for what we do. Some like to share their knowledge or stuff (files/merchandise or just service) in exchange of other goods that you receive from forum like this one. Whether we do this out of generosity, guilt or just feel like it.. Regardless of what we get from this forum or what we give it back to this community, no one can know for sure why people are here. Only you know why you are here. For me personally, by reading/posting/sharing/downloading/trying all are available strategies/books, I do learn everyday. Even from the bad strategy, if you can learn 'what not to do or what to avoid' from it, I feel it is considered learning. I am not a newbie to the forum nor new to trading. Yes, I do make a living by trading full time. However, ongoing changes in trading regulations and ever changing different trading platform, I find great value from the forum and good feeling from the sprite of sharing. :) How about you? Why are you here?

Edited by fx4_ever

Both excellent answers. I am here because I too am a full time trader; too poor to retire and too young to receive a pension. If I don't make money each day I have to take it out of savings.

I think you summed it up very nicely when you say no one can know for sure why people are here. Over time, I have developed a sense about other traders here and whether their likes and dislikes coincide with my goals. To me something may be obvious whereas to others it may be a learning opportunity. I have shared what has worked for me and I have shared what I thought was absolutely BS and stated so along with my reasons. I also have to remember the results of a recent poll about EA prices showed that about 16% of the people were here just to take and I forgot about that part of the population.

So, based on my myopic view of life, it is best that I retract my earlier comment.

Edited by hitescape

Looking at the statement, it seem to close positions rather quickly, thus, there maybe algorithm to exit the trade when certain SL and close the trade. Perhaps hard SL is there as stealth? I am not sure, but very impressive results. (I am speaking in the terms of how quickly it closed the order. perfect scalping strategy)

7 days, 4 days. some aren't quickly shut. hence my hold and pray thought.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

I can't speak for others, but to me this forum is a hobby, and somewhat a community service. If i had to rely on 99% of EAs posted here I would have a short experience at losing money.