Wealth Harvestors EA

Stovedude,

The EA uses the indicator Wealth_Harvestor SS Version 1.0 which has an expiry date in.

Here's the fixed version:

http://www.multiupload.com/UT11FMT5XA

The SS indicator references the other indicators, so you need all indicators installed if you're running the EA.

The manual system looks very good at first glance.

I'm running the EA on a 5 digit broker with max target 500 (i.e. 50 pips), min target 200 and trailing stop of 200. One trade (Buy CHFJPY) which ended up as breakeven so far.

Its total rubbish. Very large SL with very small TP. One losing trades wipes out like 10-20 small winners. This EA will never see the light of profitability because it needs to have 99.9999% winners to keep up with the losers. i wonder who did the math on the backtest report when developing it.. maybe a child in kindergarden?

Cheers

halcyonn,

Yes, the corrected indi will create that *ex4 when you compile it or restart MT4.

I'm running the EA on H1 for the following pairs: GBPUSD, EURUSD, EURJPY, GBPJPY, USDCAD, CHFJPY.

Results so far:

Buy CHFJPY b/e

Buy USDCAD +49

Sell EURUSD -48

Buy EURUSD +50

And an open Buy for GBPUSD at -32

Edited by soundfx

rick,

Yep, it looks as though EA would have benefitted from a start and end time parameter.

I ran it through the FOMC minutes and it's still running now, though I think 8am to 4pm GMT is probably a sensible range to let it trade through.

The manual indicator does look good, it performs best in trending or wide ranging markets. The stop setting at the last swing high/low is perfect. Any days where we're expecting high volatility from news is worth avoiding because large spikes will give a much larger than normal distance to the stop, giving us unfavourable risk/reward - I saw this happen with the QE announcement moves in the FOMC minutes.

jamestan1978,

I agree that most of the website results we see are totally over the top and these are no doubt the same.

If we manually traded the system in core hours on 6 currency pairs and Gold, also exiting trades which look bad before the get taken out for the full amount of stop pips (e.g. obvious spike reversal formations on the 1H against our trade are a pointer to get out early, which will give a small profit, small loss or breakeven), then it appears to be possible to gain a good few pips.

Just running the EA blindly won't get results anything like that. When manually trading we can decide which types of markets we want to trade in addition to exiting trades which have turned sour. A tightly ranging market for example is where we'd probably need to sit on our hands as any trades entered in those conditions would be chopped out easily.

Hi guys,

I think that this system has a lot going for it from what I've seen. Even the EA is profitable, though that could be just a fluke as I've only been running it for a couple of days.

Here's the *.set file I'm using:

http://www.multiupload.com/M9LQXHR7B0

Here's my statement so far:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7931/26070988.jpg

Edited by soundfx

Hi guys,

I think that this system has a lot going for it from what I've seen. Even the EA is profitable, though that could be just a fluke as I've only been running it for a couple of days.

Here's the *.set file I'm using:

http://www.multiupload.com/M9LQXHR7B0

Here's my statement so far:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7931/26070988.jpg

Yes...it is a very simple package and not overly complicated like alot of BS out there....would be funny if it turned out to be the Real Deal!! Let's keep our collective fingers crossed!

Thanks Soundfx, i am very curious why the EA close at 0.25 profit?

Can't speak for Soundfx...but if I had to guess it's because the trade received an Exit with opposing signal ???

Lots=0.10000000

Max_Target=500

Min_Target=200

Use_Auto_Stoploss=1

Stoploss=300

Use_Trailing_Stop=1

Set_Min_Target_If_Price_Move_Is=200

Exit_With_Opposing_Signal=1Indicator=Wealth_Harvestor SS Version 1.0

Sound FX....what broker are you using for these results?

Edited by rick

Hi jamestan1978,

That's because I have a trailing stop activated in the EA parameters.

My target is 50 pips, though if a trade gets into profit by 20 pips, then the trailing stop is activated and the original stop moved to just over breakeven.

If price then fails to reach the next step of the trailing stop at 40 pips in profit or the 50 pip target then when it falls back too far, the trade is closed at just over breakeven for a tiny profit (0.25 pips).

The idea is that I'm allowing price approx. 20 pips of flexibility to move back against my original trade with the aim of it retracing say 10-15 pips and then zooming off to hit my target. The trailing stop prevents me from turning a winner into a loser if price goes into a reasonable profit and then turns in opposite direction strongly.

Edited by soundfx