[REQ] MRN Bot

True, but we both have money management turned off on our backtests, so risk is irrelevent in this case. And if I try to backtest with money management turned on, it produces tons of ordersend errors and doesn't take trades.

Yes you are right, i should clean my glasses! lol

Well, i have no clue, perhaps data used?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,till the quandary of contradictory backtest is resolved by me i would disregard my own backtest.

today i tried the ea optimisation on alpari but did not get any optimised results which throws great doubt in my mind about my earlier backtests on fxopen ecn demo.

i will keep all posted if found anything!

Edited by halcyonn

Guys I run it on foreward demo and live on USDCHF Advanced version and till now have 2-3 winning trades per night, witouth any losses. I didn't try other pairs but USDCHF is exelent. Depends of voliality this EA could open three trades in a row, till now all are profitable. It's looks like this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/deodamir/Forex?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqmnJDt5LChcQ#slideshow/5536001438064688274

http://picasaweb.google.com/deodamir/Forex?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqmnJDt5LChcQ#slideshow/5536001438064688274

Hello, I'm continue using this EA on live account, now I trading two pairs USDCHF and EURGBP and all I can say: it's better then Eakain, Shocker and other Asian session EA. I trade with original setting and till now I had one loosing night, all others are profiteble and generally it's profitable.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I am forward testing it on demo and you can only run on 1 pair. If I open antoher pair it crushes my metatrader.

In addition, my results are mixed. I had a small win on eurusd & usdchf and huge loss on eurgbp

It trades only for 2 hours asian session. I do not see how you can make any money with it. One win one loss etc.

Honestly, I am getting tired testing these Eas. Guy looks genuine on the video, builds everyone's hope and the same bs. I don't get these guys. Since the purchase is fully refundable what's the point. I keep asking myself a question: is there an EA that makes money?

Jack

Yes, few are, but most of them need custom trading Hours, because testing any tickdata from broker feed is false, because if download Your historycal data in Summer and do backtesting in winter, then Your testing outcome would be wrong ... You sould always re-download all data before every test ... anothe thing with data is that historical data 1 hour shift from real data ... I'v confirmed it by saving screenshots from sommer and winter .... only good reslult You'll get with Ducascopy Custom Tickdata, because it is always saved at GMT-0 ... no shits etc. ... also confirmed it rom my screenshots .... thatswhy You'll need to shift trading times on EAKAIN, Shocker or any other Asian Scalper that preforms good on backtests, but bad on live account ... one other thing ... You should find pairs with max spread of 3 at 21 - 23 GMT ... less is better and do not use variable spread accounts, because of low volume etc. spread are high at those hours ... one other thing ... You'll always get better results on demo, because more ticks are coming through than on live account ... so ... stay tuned