Power levels trading

Hello again,

I have just read one of the technical books and there was said that COT this is Commitments of Traders publish each friday at 3pm their newsletter about what has change in the market during a week splitting on commercials, non-commercials and the rest. This is once a week only. As a market report.

Technicals can apply this for preview the market situation, cause there is clearly stated how many BUY/SELL positions are held, what is the inbalance etc

I remember that Wiz mentioned, that he establish / calculate these levels once a week friday evening ! It seems that it could be it. Unfortunately I dont know HOW we can use it for calculations.

Another thought is... when we clearly state that price follow these options levels (and we know it, thanks Guede) in more then 90% we can use it to BetOnMarkets bets as well as additional income stream. For sure.

Master the market book is genius. Trading is a shadow of smart money is not worthy - it's a poor repetition of W. philosophy. And trying to learn 40 VSA setups is too much.

If You have an occasion to read the first one, I recommend it.

Guede, what is the relation of Your levels calculation with TradingEvolution. Did You check it ? should be the same, isn't ?

Thank You ALL that You still play in this thread.

Hi Hakim314. I really dont know if TradingEvolution use the same calculation, but both are very good to trade S/R levels. Now we not depends of a indicator to tell us where the price are going, we know in advance where other traders place their orders. Volume here can help a lot, and volume of the futures market do this job. A free platform is the thinkorswim, you will have the volumes from the futures market, just wait the price stay close of a options levels, yesterday High or Low, the daily open and psicological numbers 00,25,50,75.... This really works.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this great thread!

I was reading the whole thread but I am still a little confused!

* Which are the levels we have to look at?

* Put or Call or Both and why? (Put/Call levels = Option Levels, correct?)

* Is it the Highest Option levels >10.000 and >5000 or all levels?

* And what is the Open Interest Line?

* Which VSA indicators do you use, Hakim? How do you combine the Power Levels with VSA?

Many thanks for your help and great work! it seems to be another milestone in my short trading life! :-)

Thank you for this great thread!

I was reading the whole thread but I am still a little confused!

* Which are the levels we have to look at?

* Put or Call or Both and why? (Put/Call levels = Option Levels, correct?)

* Is it the Highest Option levels >10.000 and >5000 or all levels?

* And what is the Open Interest Line?

* Which VSA indicators do you use, Hakim? How do you combine the Power Levels with VSA?

Many thanks for your help and great work! it seems to be another milestone in my short trading life! :-)

Hi paracool. Both levels are important (put and he call) This is just diferent name for the sellers and the buyers. Try to find a levels where both ( put and call) have almost the same open interest.

Just the crude oil have more them 10 000 of open interest. In currencies is no more than 5000 (at least what I saw until now).

The open interest columns is B for call and J for putt.

From last week the Dsloader.exe doesn't load any information from

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/g10/euro-fx_quotes_settlements_options.html website.

Could you please tell me how you get the call and put levels at the moment?

Thanks

Hi NMN, maybe you are using the wrong month. Its futures market, we are one month ahead. And the dsloader is working normally.

hey people,

I have created a gift for you all...

Like some people I am a bit lazy and found it quite tedious to run dsloader and edit spreadsheets everyday so I created a php script which will do everything for me automatically.

The website address is

Currently it will calculate GBP/USD / EUR/USD and OIL. You can only see the current days power levels at the moment but I have a MySQL db saving them so soon when I have time we can easily get historical levels.

The power levels you will see are exactly what the spreadsheet would generate and you will only see levels within a 200 pip range of the previous days close price.

In future I will add options to show levels for a custom pip range and filter levels based on open interest values etc...

Let me know what you think and also I am open to feature requests.

Edited by c0py

hey people,

I have created a gift for you all...

Like some people I am a bit lazy and found it quite tedious to run dsloader and edit spreadsheets everyday so I created a php script which will do everything for me automatically.

The website address is

Currently it will calculate GBP/USD / EUR/USD and OIL. You can only see the current days power levels at the moment but I have a MySQL db saving them so soon when I have time we can easily get historical levels.

The power levels you will see are exactly what the spreadsheet would generate and you will only see levels within a 200 pip range of the previous days close price.

In future I will add options to show levels for a custom pip range and filter levels based on open interest values etc...

Let me know what you think and also I am open to feature requests.

Amazing gift i must say c0py. I have two requests my friend and you already said what are (In future I will add options to show levels for a custom pip range and filter levels based on open interest values etc...) so it will be fascinating. Thanks again.

Amazing gift i must say c0py. I have two requests my friend and you already said what are (In future I will add options to show levels for a custom pip range and filter levels based on open interest values etc...) so it will be fascinating. Thanks again.

Ok, its now done - Took less time than I thought :)

That is pretty sweet. Now we need a script (indicator) that will call up these levels (GET) and plot the levels on MT4.

An indicator is a brilliant idea and would be very useful.

I can provide the data output in CSV or XML for somebody who would be willing to code an indicator?

Unfortunately I know nothing about MQL coding.

An indicator is a brilliant idea and would be very useful.

I can provide the data output in CSV or XML for somebody who would be willing to code an indicator?

Unfortunately I know nothing about MQL coding.

Hi people,

I really don't know if you're aware, but there is a little script, written some time ago ( not by me, but by anyone else, I don't know who ), which can read a CSV file and put the levels from that CSV file on a chart.

Is this what you search for ?

The script:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Zv9_GlFU/insert_My_levels.html

The sample input file for script:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Xk-a0BFZ/My_levels.html

Hi people,

I really don't know if you're aware, but there is a little script, written some time ago ( not by me, but by anyone else, I don't know who ), which can read a CSV file and put the levels from that CSV file on a chart.

Is this what you search for ?

The script:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Zv9_GlFU/insert_My_levels.html

The sample input file for script:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Xk-a0BFZ/My_levels.html

izogrey, do you know which folder the csv file is supposed to be in?

Rgds

RM

Thanks to izogrey I have managed to make some progress with the indicator! :)

I have got the indicator to successfully download the data from my website and place it in to a CSV file. The only problem is it wont draw the lines. The CSV file is in the exact same format as the sample file posted but the lines never get drawn :(

Here is the work in progress version, please somebody fix this for us...

Note: The indicator is currently hard coded to only use EUR/USD power levels. Once we get it working I can modify it to use the pair attached on the chart.