Power levels trading

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what type of calculatio is better? ( using the settle or the change) the true author of this calculation use the settle, i use the change. Test and see the better.

Frankly, I don't have knowledge about the true difference between settle price and change price. I looked at several days' data for euro. One thing I found is that change prices are near the psychological level (00 or 50). The increment is 50 pips which guedesjunior already mentioned in the previous post. I used settle price before but feels that change price is better.

To guedesjunior: Thank you for the pictures. I got better understanding how to trade with the power level. I like your inside bar and pettern indicators. Can you share them to us? Thank you in advance.

By the way, the chang price colume is H for call and P for put in the excel sheet.

Frankly, I don't have knowledge about the true difference between settle price and change price. I looked at several days' data for euro. One thing I found is that change prices are near the psychological level (00 or 50). The increment is 50 pips which guedesjunior already mentioned in the previous post. I used settle price before but feels that change price is better.

To guedesjunior: Thank you for the pictures. I got better understanding how to trade with the power level. I like your inside bar and pettern indicators. Can you share them to us? Thank you in advance.

By the way, the chang price colume is H for call and P for put in the excel sheet.

Hi finex, here are the indicators http://www.multiupload.com/W1YZ06ASGI and i also put others which may help.

And yes H and P are the change colun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, one more update. After a huge conversation about what calculation is better,(using the change or the settle) my friends russians create a new spredsheet, in this one you need to use the settle. I think that they are good now.

http://www.multiupload.com/DKTZ0QYM3F

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. A new update here, is the crude oil spreadsheet.

See if it works. http://www.multiupload.com/VV5KCDEYZ6

When you download the data fron the dsloader and paste in the spreadsheet, disregard the last two number of the seetle column. They will give you seven number, but in oil you will just use five.

I try to fix this but they dont give me the same numbers, so only disregard the last two ok. This is a picture off the 27/05/2011, the levels work great.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qjgguw.gif

Truly amazing !!

I would kiss You if I would be a nice blond :D

I have a friend... he is russian, so he speaks their lang very well.

He told me about it - BUT in the meaning of VSA.

THEN... it was too cloudy for me and I had to build my own system... combining everything I knew.

BUT one sentence from Wyckoff book gave me to think "Nobody trading technically can explain sudden moves in price, especially these that flush off the little traders (called in terminilogy as "herd" means "sheeps").

Then I found BetterVolume Indicator which is usefull.

Then I found VSA Bar signal Indicator.

NOW THIS what You said... opened my heaven and my head for new :))

I already KNEW it, but... sticking to "mystic power lvls" and arrogance of that.... re-opened my eyes.

Thank You.

---

I was even following the Trading Evolution, first CME were streaming datas real-live, then as a paid service wrr

So my friend was calculating it by hand... he is full-time trader now and coder lol

but still... it didnt show me anything then.

Now it's clear.

I apologize if I trashed the thread, but I'm during my oncological journey and each step in a crowd when I see there is STILL hope for a normal life... with reasonably, not hard earned monies makes my head brighter :)

Thank You for Your all ! Thank You that You are !

zonk :/

don't know if this is already posted or has anything to do with the other 'power-levels'

hxxp://powerlinetrader.com/category/eurusd/

he seems to update regular and may be the same as the other guy?????

Yes, paid 49-99 buck monthly :/

I think that CME lines + (maybe) MM on lower TF its great and enough.

There is a place in one of the beginning pages when sb asks him "how do You know the price will reverse" etc ?

And his answer is very... avoiding like "I play only bounce around these areas".

Here comes Wyckoff in help, cause combining THESE zones with VSA = exact reason why the price will move up and even (almost) when. Unfortunately to learn VSA acc. to wyckof setups is a hrd work, more then 40 setups to remember, unless You get the soft.

So I think we are here WHERE we WANTED TO BE :)

My friend which is fulltime trader open his positions ONLY at the levels on which "there is enough and biggest volume" means demand to buy contracts for specific price. He does not earn much, let say 3-5k usd monthly, but here in Poland it's a a very good salary for "sitting in home". Only traders knows how hard is it.

So pls, keep it simple and let the Truth win :)

To be honest i dont now what you guys want. I already place here how to do your own levels. When a place this here i think that these guys will help me to build a great system.

But im alone here. Only a few have helped me. We already know what the power levels are, and like kraven says (...some are accurate, some are not...) Im trying to find the best way to trade this system to be more and more accurate, and you guys are trying to find one to compare with this ? Maybe this is why most of trader dont made money, they are seaching for the best indicator, the best expert advisor the best broker the best system or a mentor... but dont know how to trade by themselves.

Do not woryy Guedesjunior, I will stay with it.

I dont want to tell once again about my friend, full-time trader which USES IT ONLY.

I also remember that (so called) Wiz DOES NOT know (answering the question) WHERE, in which direction the price will move.

The answer is almost simple :)

The most magnetic lines will be these with the highest level of interest of potential buyers in option market.

These will be MOST attractive for the price.

Of course, I assume I'm not right.

I also remember times, when I was "playing" with options levels for FX, and there were many situation when the price should go to the specific level and waiting.... hanging in the air. When I asked my firend trader "WHY" - he was sitting on the same... he told me "American plays the price" which is also true.

The another TRUTH about FX is: we can not predict actually WHEN the price will shoot / lead to higher level, cause there are many professional money makers on the market playing AGAINST each other. That is how R/S is created - using words by Wyckoff. R/S lvl creates when there is a mismatch between demand and supply, means one wants to sell, another wants to buy.

I strongly feel that VSA will be helpful, even in the very primary form.

I apologize for this "wisdom" but during my four years "carrer" in fx I saw PLENTY of threads that was killed by other that couldnt give proper support to the inventor or discouraging him (not here) or suddenly changed the theme putting completely new system instead of creating new thread.

Keep posting Guede and eventually write to me on PM, if this thread collapse.

we can check it

Yes we are talking about option levels and his power on currency futures.

Yes Kraven have a greate system based on daily OHLC past bars.

And the others i really dont know.

Dears,

Now we can easily CHECK and COMPARE the power lev with Kraven and Guede (I allow myself to use this short If U dont mind).

Below are the powers for the 6 june of 2010.

Let's check if its possible and compare Your results (oprions and ohlc) with these.

[img:\http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9363/week2june2010b.png\]

Sorry that I dont attach pic, but there is something with my thread editor.

Hi Hakim, I don't know what you meant about everything becoming clearer, I am still trying to understand teh thread, but I would like to wish you a speedy recovery

Sudenly, we left only we ?

Where is Guede ? :(

"Everything becomes clearer" means I have wider vision of what is going on the FX market and what are the "behind the scene" forces moving the market :)

If You stick with this thread-method combining it with VSA - You will be much more succesfull then any other traders. The real problem of many our trader-friends we just look the PERFECT solution which does not exist. It can be personalized, customized, but... it wont be perfect never, cause we see only the one side of the market. + eventually VSA helps us.

I hope that this thread didnt die :(

Just stick with it.

Hi Hakim314. Thanks for the nice words. Its hard to find people that understand these new concept ( new to us retail traders). When i see the power that the options have in spot market i change my trading style. Now i can see. Every single day the options markets creates support and resistance levels even before the market open. These levels can not be broken, not even because some good news for a particular asset. I believe that now we have a edge, now we can predict where the banks and the professional place your orders, and enter together.

Why the pros sell high and buy low ? How they know that these hight (or low) will be the last one ?

Because of the options levels.

Hi Hakim314. Thanks for the nice words. Its hard to find people that understand these new concept ( new to us retail traders). When i see the power that the options have in spot market i change my trading style. Now i can see. Every single day the options markets creates support and resistance levels even before the market open. These levels can not be broken, not even because some good news for a particular asset. I believe that now we have a edge, now we can predict where the banks and the professional place your orders, and enter together.

Why the pros sell high and buy low ? How they know that these hight (or low) will be the last one ?

Because of the options levels.

You have my support.

The problem lays ALWAYS in mentality. Not even psychology.

Every millionaire will tell You - change Your mentality.

Quantum physicist will say - we live in the world of possibilities / quantum reality variants.

WE CAN CHOOSE - WE CAN CHANGE our way to look / to see the things around us.

And the same with FX. We used to use only technical indis which we take as "Final truth", BUT I still remind to all retailers the words of Wyckoff that I mentioned before "Nobody asks WHAT is moving the price to the specific level". Interpretation can be done in several ways. So there is the answer.

Guede - I put the examples of the powers from the chart guy called Wid (or Wedaei) from FF forum. He says he was "pupil" of Wiz now he shares the powers for all. Can You compare it ? with Your calculations ?

Just for our... peace of mind :) and Win award for ourselves :)

BTW, I visited website of smart trader and it seems also very powerful TOGETHER with this.

What I mean ? Acc to option levels we know WHERE the price will go, VSA (by wyckoff or smart) tells us WHEN the price will go in this direction. Smart is commercial, but it gives exact signals signalling only by colour bars.

I also have some VSA signals on my chart if You want. Unfortunately Wyckoff is analyzing it on Daily only, means I should have a huge account.

So, pls, we can correspond on PM, or we can continue here.

But One I'm sure... I'm tired a little bit of jumping from system to system and testing and testing. Ready for good wisely earned monies :)

Hello,

I tried to understand how the calculation is working.

To summarize what I have understood:

I take the data from the “DSLoader.exe”

Here a screen capture (I select 2011 and 03/06/11 for calculation):

Then I take all the data from the DSLoader and paste them in the xls file.

Now I am interested in Ур_6 rows (call & put) where I am looking for an openinterest higher than 1000.

So from what I read I am more interested by the put than by the call.

Just to be sure what would be the levels you will use to draw on your chart?

Thank you for sharing and for your help,

Regards