Dragon Pips 2010 Final Edition Modified

vafa

Hey all, It’s VAFA here with some interesting news.

I have been using Dragon Pips 2010 Final Edition for about 2 months and I am getting profitable results. The only downfall to DP 2010 is that it can blow an account if not optimized properly; I use a News Filter alongside my DP to minimize the big hits but it still doesn’t seem perfect. I was wondering if anyone here has the original DP 2010 “technical support manual” as well as the original DP 2010 “settings” so I can compare it with my own presets. This way I can optimize the EA and combine it with a News Filter to prevent a many bad trades leaving only green pips!

Being enlightened, is not enough... You must apply

100 people have viewed this and not one can lend a helping hand? The goal is to improve a profitable EA and share the green pips with the community. If anyone here has the manual or any suggestion on optimizing the EA feel free to share and I will incorperate it in my tests.

I saw DP website today and they said release Dragonpips 2011 soon.

Dragonpips 2011 Updated : Added news filter from FF site so robot will stop trade 30 minutes before news so it will decrease drowndown, option for close minutes (useful for some broker which have trade time limit), update stop loss and take profit setting for each pair.

Distribute to all members between Nov 30, 2010 - Dec 31, 2010

This is funny becuase I use a FF news filter to stop all trades 1 hours before high impact news. anyways here are my results for yesterday on a new demo account. hxxp://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x475/vafaman/?action=view&current=greenpips.jpg Made over 500$ in one day with my settings. However with the help of the community I can share an optimized version with everyone. So if anyone has the manual with the original settings OR programming skills please let me know.

This is funny becuase I use a FF news filter to stop all trades 1 hours before high impact news. anyways here are my results for yesterday on a new demo account. hxxp://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x475/vafaman/?action=view&current=greenpips.jpg Made over 500$ in one day with my settings. However with the help of the community I can share an optimized version with everyone. So if anyone has the manual with the original settings OR programming skills please let me know.

very nice results, i hope you can share quickly your EA+SET

what broker do you run ?

@LouLou69: yea Im getting ready to lauch my Presets and rules soon, as for brokers all I can say is get one with fixed and low spreads :) hope that helps. The only phase left is finding a programmer that can combine the news filter with my EA and as well tweak the stop loss (I have an idea on changing the stop loss rules to avoid huge hits).

On the statement it shows a trade using 1.25 lots to win $12.95. A decent EA will win $12.95 on 0.1 lots. A 1.25 lot is $12.50. So your betting $12.50 to win $12.95...

I have an EA that bets 0.01 lots and can win $12.95 (Give or take when EURUSD is trending)). The same bet with 1.25 lots with my EA would win $1295.00 and I would need an account of $10,000+ and even with an account that size it would be too risky. :-? Do you see my point?

Edited by tomislav

• 3 weeks later...

made any progress on the programming. I have made lots of money with Dragonpips but now it is getting harder to trade with tadawul as they have started filtering it. Dynamic (constanstly) changing magic number feature would be awesome in addition to that news filter. I have had a lot of success with one of the older versions of dragonpips on the usdchf. I was also having lots of good trades with that same version on the eurusd but for some reason when i load dragonpips on the eurusd (on any broker) it wants to crash the mt4 platform. Don't know what is up with that. Hopefully "drago" can stay alive with this thread and in this forum because i feel like it is one of the only scalper i can trust with live money.

Also, has anyone tried on fxopen ECN live? i've got a demo running the eurgbp on v2.02 but can't get the older version to run on the usdchf on fxopen. don't know why.

I could add news filter with no prob, but what kind of mods You want.

I have few versions:

D_ragonpip_V4_extreme_universal

Dagonpips Universal V4_v.081509

Dragon Pips v2.02 Rev

Dragonpips Hyper Trade

Dragonpips_Final_Educated_v.2010

Dragonpips_june_v2_4Digit_broker

DragonPips_Ultimate_v2.01

DragonpipsXtremeEdition2

Which one should I modify and what rules do You need.

I'm building additional hardcoded function for backtesting News filters (I'm missing it for long time) - because there are a lot of news since 2007 it would make EA bit heavvy in size and testing would be longer, but for optimizing it would be great. So I'll have one version for backtesting and another for FW testing.

• 3 weeks later...