(Req) PerfecTrend Lines 4.0

Guest David1713006337

Guest David1713006337

Does anyone have the PerfecTrend Lines 4.0?

Found this one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEST-NINJATRADER-INDICATOR-FX-STOCKS-FUTURES-EMINI-/320514196667?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

(the ad) ... a revolutionary TREND-FOLLOWING indicator

Absolutely NO THINKING is needed, just buy when Blue and sell when Red!

Works in any time frame and in any FOREX pair, Commodity or Stock!

There is a request for the MT4 version on this forum, but this one is for NinjaTrader version. Thanks!

It's already been posted:

indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/5959-PerfecTrend-Lines™

The item in your other request has already been posted as well.

Does anyone have the PerfecTrend Lines 4.0?

Found this one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEST-NINJATRADER-INDICATOR-FX-STOCKS-FUTURES-EMINI-/320514196667?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

(the ad) ... a revolutionary TREND-FOLLOWING indicator

Absolutely NO THINKING is needed, just buy when Blue and sell when Red!

Works in any time frame and in any FOREX pair, Commodity or Stock!

There is a request for the MT4 version on this forum, but this one is for NinjaTrader version. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I find your comment interesting in that the ad on Ebay for PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 makes no claims on how well the indicator has performed. There are no computerized performance results. It just has a bunch of marketing hype and testimonials. Red flags go up right away in my mind whenever I see testimonials and no computerized performance results. The price is also another sign to stay away from buying; do you think anyone would give away the keys to the kingdom for $99? Yes, I know, just looking at the beautiful charts with red dots at the top and blue dots at the bottom would make anybody whip out a credit card!

I admit that I was a bit curious to how this indicator is constructed but even if I bought it, I would only receive the software without the rules for generating signals. For me, that is a non-starter. I don't trade off any indicator or strategy unless I know the rules behind it. This is because when the drawdowns occur, I can keep on taking signals because I really know how the system works. It is virtually impossible to trade a black box system when the losing trades start piling up.

To satisfy my curiosity, I noticed that the meta trader verson is available for free from several sites. I don't use meta trader and quite frankly don't like it. Tradestation is much better. I can develop and test strategies in a fraction of the time it takes to do the same thing with meta trader. So as an excercise, I decompiled the meta trader code and then translated it into Tradestation. I created a Tradestation indicator, show me, paint bar and strategy for PerfecTrend Lines 4.0. The code I developed is functionally the same as what they are selling even though I probably implemented the same rules in a different way. When I ran the code, the charts looked exactly like the charts on the ebay ad.

So what are my conclusions about this indicator? Well, it is a trend following indicator that is in reality a range breakout indicator. There really is nothing new about range breakout systems even though the marketing hype states that it is "based on the latest technology available today". Such trend following/Range breakout systems trade very well when the market is trending and get killed when the market chops around. That is why the examples chosen for the ebay ad are well chosen trending charts. Had the ad showed you a choppy market, you would see losing trade after losing trade. Anybody can draw two horizontal lines on a chart that represent a trading range and then buy/sell the first close out of the range. Is that a new idea worth $99, $9 or 9 cents? I'll let you be the judge.

I have used Abletrend and can safely say that PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 is not even close to being in the same league. Abletrend uses price patterns in its calculation of trend.

You don't even need any software to trade PerfecTrend Lines 4.0. The marketing hype on ebay about using the "latest technology available" is a boldface lie! I can look at any chart and draw PerfecTrend Lines 4.0 off the top of my head:

1.) If the current bar closes higher than the highest high of the previous 7 bars, BUY at the market, paint a blue bar on the chart and stay long until a sell signal is generated.

2.) If the current bar closes lower than the lowest low of the previous 7 bars, SELL at the market, paint a red bar on the chart and stay short until a buy signal is generated.

3.) If long and the current bar closes below the lowest low of the previous 3 bars OR

if short and the curren bar closes above the highest high of the previous 3 bars then

paint a green (neutral bar).

That's it! Is it illegal to sell such an indicator to the public for $99? No. Is it highly unethical? Yes... especially when false claims are made about its sophistication. Comparing PerfecTrend Lines to Abletrend is a joke.

Is it illegal to sell such an indicator to the public for $99? No. Is it highly unethical? Yes... especially when false claims are made about its sophistication.
Vanya is spot on. The indicator in the eBay link has at least 50 such trend-following indicators already freely available for NinjaTrader. Not to mention, each and every picture in the listing is that of TradeStation - the scammer could not even go to the trouble of snapping a NinjaTrader screenshot. And the claims? Seems like he forgot to mention it cures cancer as well.

Without being offensive, if you cannot locate a similar such indicator to keep you in trades, and, if you believe any of the retarded and overwhelmingly insulting claims made in the fantasy eBay write-up, you should not be trading. Get beyond indicators and learn to read price action, correlations, and global finance movements, or, perfect some scalping techniques. A reasonable place to develop and learn such skills, and probably one of the best forums on the web is http://www.bigmiketrading.com/ . There is also a plethora of very valuable NinjaTrader indicators, even in the free section.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...