Which is the MOST accurate London breakout strategy?

Guest fxprofits

All breakouts are a 'lucky dip': You can increase your chances by

a. Using a smaller range - say 0500 to 0600 instead f over night or five hours. Lets not get into a what time is that? discussion here, just choose!!

b. Using a particular time - 0800 is L open but news comes at 0915 and may disrupt so maybe 1000 is better.

c. Trade with the trend, but which one?

That is about all the choices that we have the rest is down to luck.

i didn't understand you.. could u plz explain more.. what time is it.. in GMT? How do u filter those lucking dips??

Anthos has been very helpful in providing a way to find out the time for you but the essence of what I am saying is that you must find out what time you want to use.

I look at a chart of GBP/USD and notice a flat area where nothing happens around my charts midnight. Use 'Show period separators' and you find a dotted line. This may be 00:00 GMT, 23:00, 01:00 anything! YOU have to decide what time YOU want to take.

Don't ask me what time I use on what scale GMT, BST, GMT (+/- 1, 2, 3) My times are just an indicator of where in the day you need to make your Range or trade.

If I say that news comes out at 09:15, see what it is for you, see where the spike is.

If I say Frankfurt opens at 07:00, see what it is for you.

Too many people are looking for someone else to give them the answers but if you don't work it out for yourself you will not be able to use a system with confidence.

Something interesting for you on time/range:

I have two charts on GBP/USD for the overnight run. The first is from midnight to 0100 Broker time, the second is 0100-0200.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/Asian%20Run/AR0-12009.jpg

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/freddieforII/Asian%20Run/AR1-22009.jpg

See the difference!! How would you know which to choose?

Edited by Freddie

• 2 months later...
skid-z,what are your conclusions with the system?

Hi vladv

At this moment and over the last 4 months, the best for trading Lonodn pre-open and even the London open "hands down" has been FMT, (Forex Morning Trade) now if there is any better todate ,by all means someone post it. The FMT is "Black Listed" so it can not be shared , and to be honest as far as I am concern should be bought, the gains have far exceeded the cost and the vender is very honest

There is a thread here on FMT, just search for it, but like I said many will "say this and say that" but when they do look at live results against FMT.

There are better "Home made" system that will not be shared, but "out of the box" FMT will be hard to beat

Edited by German

Here My Demo statement for latest Optimus Prime on GBP/USD 15M....

Start 3 days ago....

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/roels-major/70302

Trade No 3 Note : was too late....missed the signal and open 20 pips from the actual entry.....

Update December as hypothethic performance : TP 50, SL 40

11 TRADE, 9 win, 2 Loses

1 No Trade

Edited by Roels Major
"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

• 3 months later...